Photo

It still makes me log in as Bartman2...?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

Well, as you may know, I've recently changed my name, and when I tried to log in today, it didn't recognize my new username, Skyward Sword. just for the hell of it, I tried Bartman2, and It worked. Can you fix this, Fel--Twilight Sparkle?
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

That's because it recognizes you as your original username. Once you change your username, you still have to log in as your first name. I don't think you can "fix" it, it's just the way it is.

Edit: Also, here is the exact information on what I'm talking about; from the the changing display name area.

"You have made 0 of 3 display name changes since 22 Aug 2011. You are permitted to make 3 changes in a 30 day period.
Changing your display name will not affect your log in details."

Depending on when you have changed your name, the date will be different, as you can see, my last change was 22 Aug 2011.
But, as you can see, it says that changing your display name will not affect your log in details.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 21 September 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#3 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Oh, thanks 3DS. Alright, LOCK 'ER UP, FELD0! (yeah i said it)
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Well, as you may know, I've recently changed my name, and when I tried to log in today, it didn't recognize my new username, Skyward Sword. just for the hell of it, I tried Bartman2, and It worked. Can you fix this, Fel--Twilight Sparkle?

As nintendo3DS said, changing your display name does not affect your log in name. They are two separate names, and the idea behind this behaviour is that you can have a username that looks like this - ƮƜƖƪƖƓƕƬ ƧƥǡƦƙƪƐ - without needing to figure out how to type it when logging in.

You cannot change your login name yourself, but AMAC or I could through the ACP. Want me to?

#5 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Okay, new problemo. Now I want to change back to Bartman, but Ive made my one name change per 30-day period. Can you make the time shorter, if possible?
Posted Image
Like a Boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!