2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

Today, I remade my avatar because the old one didn't look good enough from my point of view. After that, I obviously wanted to upload it - but then I noticed that the site resized it! :P

It seems that all avatars (and photos) you upload will automatically be resized to match the forum size limit. That's quite cool, but... the old avatars from the old forum didn't get resized at all. And now I'm stuck with a noticeably smaller avatar than before while other members still have ridiculously big avatars.

So here's my question: As most of the avatars in use are much bigger than allowed anyways, could you allow a bigger size for new avatars? I'm not sure whether you're able to edit the allowed size, but considering that IP.Board is much more professional than I ever imagined, there could be a setting.

By the way, if some1 wants to see my shiny new avatar: I attached it! :P

EDIT: The avatar looks better than I thought. Looks like I gotta edit my sig again! :D

EDIT 2: Well, the small avatar doesn't look as bad as I thought it would, but it still would look nicer if it was at least as big as the one before :P

Attached Thumbnails

• guestfinal.png

Edited by Guest, 25 April 2011 - 07:29 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:40 PM

Today, I remade my avatar because the old one didn't look good enough from my point of view. After that, I obviously wanted to upload it - but then I noticed that the site resized it! :P

It seems that all avatars (and photos) you upload will automatically be resized to match the forum size limit. That's quite cool, but... the old avatars from the old forum didn't get resized at all. And now I'm stuck with a noticeably smaller avatar than before while other members still have ridiculously big avatars.

So here's my question: As most of the avatars in use are much bigger than allowed anyways, could you allow a bigger size for new avatars? I'm not sure whether you're able to edit the allowed size, but considering that IP.Board is much more professional than I ever imagined, there could be a setting.

Of course IP.Board lets me change the allowed avatar sizes. :P The reason it seems so professional is because it is actually a forum engine designed for professional use.

Changing the maximum allowed avatar size was something I had been planning to do, but I got a little sidetracked with the new skin and sorta forgot about it. Sorry. I've set the max. dimensions and file size to 150x150 pixels and 100 KB, respectively. Is that better?

I don't want to make the avatars too big because it'll generate too much unnecessary white space in thread pages, making them difficult to read.

#3 Guest

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Okami, Metroid, Mega Man X

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

Is that better?

Yes, thank you :P

I don't want to make the avatars too big because it'll generate too much unnecessary white space in thread pages, making them difficult to read.

Well, I understand that, but old avatars that were carried over from the old forum didn't get resized, and it's useless to force new avatars to be small if there's someone with a huge avatar posting in every thread - there will still be unnecessary white space.

Anyways, the new size is enough for me. Thanks!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!