Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Timesplitters fans are in for a big treat, as Timesplitters Rewind, a compilation of the first three games maps, modes, and weapons, is in development for the PS4. 

Gamingblend had a chance to interview Michael Hubicka, the project lead on Timeplitters Rewind. Here is what he had to say:

“We’re actually going to go ahead and start development [of Timesplitters Rewind] on PlayStation 4. Just because we’re pretty confident Crytek’s going to say go ahead and do it. But we don’t want them saying go ahead and do it when we’re caught with our pants down and we’re like halfway through development and [then] start something for the PlayStation 4. 

“So we decided that since they released the SDK to allow us to do this, we’re going to go ahead and do it ourselves, and when they say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ we can decide what to do with that. For now we’re just going to go ahead and do it. So at least we’re prepared”.

You can read the rest of the interview in the link above.

This is really cool, I remember renting Timesplitters and having a blast when I was in high school. Right now it only looks like a PC and PS4 version. No word on the Wii U or Xbox One.

SOURCE: 

http://playeressence...es-cryengine-3/

I loved the Timespltters games so I must get this when I get around to picking up a PS4. This is a must for me!

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 03 September 2013 - 05:13 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Got super duper excited.... and then a little let down.

A hd collection is cool.... But I was nearly crappin my pants when I thought it was TS4.

Should have known by 'rewind'.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

The third one was crap so I don't want a fourth. HD collection sounds good though.

#4 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Yeeeeey HD collection.

It's sad that Free Radical, or rather, Crytek, is too busy (possibly) making Homefront 2 or something.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#5 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

Well I always said that if a hd collection of timesplitters came to any console I'd immediately pick it up with the console, so I guess I'm getting a ps4 when this comes out 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I must be the only one who liked number 3, admittedly I played multiplayer most of the time.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Never played Timespltiter... Whats the hype about?

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

It's not an HD collection in the true sense. There is no single player story from any of the previous games. It's just a collection of the multiplayer maps. What they should have done is re-released the complete games in HD or better still made a sequel.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

It's not an HD collection in the true sense. There is no single player story from any of the previous games. It's just a collection of the multiplayer maps. What they should have done is re-released the complete games in HD or better still made a sequel.

Well, ts never really had much of a coherent sp really. What most fans really loved were the zany challenges, which took place on the mp maps.

I certainly hope those are included.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!