4 replies to this topic

#1 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:hammers2332

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Just picked up a secondhand copy of this game and am about 10 hours in. I think the game is amazing.

I have a question about the off tv mode as now the wife and kids are back from their holiday I have competition for the tv! Is it possible to get the map to show on the gamepad when playing in off tv mode?

#2 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Once you start your hunt in Monster Hunter and pick up your items in the camp. When you pick up the map it will show it but it will be small once you go far in the game then it will get hard cause you have to remember the area and where the camp site was.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#3 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Thanks. But is their a way you can get it to show on the gamepad all the time in off tv mode? I know how to get it to show on the gamepad when playing normally but haven't worked out how to when switching to off tv.

#4 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

If you have the map set to display on your panel set on the gamepad, and you set the gamepad to show the action that's on the tv, the game will still "display" it on the panel set, even though you can't see it.  You have to take the map off your panel set to have it show up on the action screen.  I recommend having a second panel set saved for such occasions.  Hope that helps.

#5 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

If you have the map set to display on your panel set on the gamepad, and you set the gamepad to show the action that's on the tv, the game will still "display" it on the panel set, even though you can't see it.  You have to take the map off your panel set to have it show up on the action screen.  I recommend having a second panel set saved for such occasions.  Hope that helps.

Sorted, thanks Lightning_Ninja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!