• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Smart chances is what they need to take. Just as an "example" what if they brought HVS (high voltage software) makers of the conduit on Wii. A relatively small studio but has potential and "had" a passion for Nintendo gamers and how they were being treated. They made an engine ground up for Wii to try and bring a competent FPS for those gamers on Wii. Buy astudio like that give them funding amd teach them the nintendo way of doing things. Every single developer that has worked with Nintendo has spokem highly of how much they learned and how different the development evironment is at Nintendo. I think HVS could thrive at Nintendo and make the conduit or a newer IP(shooter) with online multiplayer without breaking the bank in development cost... Unlike sony chase photorealism.

That.... That is so the opposite of a smart chance. And thats coming from someone who bought both conduits and appreciated the custom quantum 3.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

That.... That is so the opposite of a smart chance. And thats coming from someone who bought both conduits and appreciated the custom quantum 3.

Can you explain why not a smart chance?

#23 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Can you explain why not a smart chance?

The Conduit 2 was an absolute commercial flop...and didn't sit well with the fanbase either. (They changed up so many actors, made the game ridiculously short, ruined personalities of the characters from the previous game, etc, etc)

Just checking VGChartz (Yes, I know, inaccurate, but I can't really find anything better) the Conduit 2 sold MAYBE 100K copies worldwide.

Although I would like to see a Nintendo made/designed FPS, I don't see it happening because, like 3Dude said, why would they focus on that when they can focus on a game in a pre-existing series and well 20+ million copies?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#24 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

The Conduit 2 was an absolute commercial flop...and didn't sit well with the fanbase either. (They changed up so many actors, made the game ridiculously short, ruined personalities of the characters from the previous game, etc, etc)
Just checking VGChartz (Yes, I know, inaccurate, but I can't really find anything better) the Conduit 2 sold MAYBE 100K copies worldwide.
Although I would like to see a Nintendo made/designed FPS, I don't see it happening because, like 3Dude said, why would they focus on that when they can focus on a game in a pre-existing series and well 20+ million copies?

Maybe just maybe because you have gamers that own or want to own your console that would enjoy a Nintendo made fps. Like I said its balance and Nintendo is very good at balance. Not breaking the bank on tech but making a competent fps shooter with online multiplayer exclusive to Wii U.

#25 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

more like Nintendo don't care !

seems everyone going back on their word & buying Rayman for their WiiU was suckered in good & proper, lets help Ubisoft & make Rayman a success lol

there is zero Nintendo can do until the next gen of consoles comes around, even if Nintendo release a new console halfway through the PS4 & X1's lifespan it will only be on par or a little more powerful than the X1 or PS4 & people will just say whats the point i spending £200+ on a new console when i could use that money to buy games for my X1/PS4. 

#26 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

Actually its coming to xb360 and ps3 also plus PC

I don't have a problem with the IP's Nintendo has... But publishers do. If I'm a publisher and I ask myself I want to bring a core 3rd or 1st party shooter game to Nintendo console is there a market for such game? My "people" will porbably advise me against supporting them. I can look at microsoft and sony platforms and see they have millions of people willing to buy a shooter and play online together becuase we just saw their 1st pasrty devs release a 1st aparty shooter that sold millions and have a strong online coMmunity... Can I say the same for Nintendo? I'm over blaming publishers and devs for every game not releasing on Nintendo platforms in relaity they are making sound business that really make sense.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD — This is confirmed for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Valiant Hearts: The Great War — Coming to PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC

These are the two games and no reason was given.

I think you're right. I didn't see the other platforms mentioned in the NintendoLife article and Mynintendonews only listed the newer consoles for Child of Light. Forbes.com said it was coming to new and old consoles.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#27 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

make their own fps that can rival battielfield, cod, killzone, and halo. 

no....just no. this is the biggest reason why i like nintendo. "i liek gunz nin10doh iz onlee fo babiez lol gamez without gunz suckz cuz gunz r coolz" although im all for M games, but are all RPG style. 

Edited by Dr. Lipschitz, 10 September 2013 - 12:47 PM.

bb0.gif

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this news, i have come to terms that the WiiU is failing & there will be few if any third party games on the WiiU, things will only get worse once the PS4 & X1 are released.

I will have enough games to tide me over until March 2014 when i will have a good idea of weather a PS4 or X1 will be the console to get,i am upset abut the WiiU situation but i am past caring if the WiiU fails or not anymore.

Nintendo need to start selling big numbers of WiiU units the games they are releasing do not seem to be getting people buying consoles, i don't know what Nintendo can do, even if someone here or somewhere else had a magic bullet & had a idea that would save the WiiU & put it back on track 100% Nintendo wouldn't take any notice.

Half the people say the WiiU is dead & the other half say it is doing ok, well if the half that say it is doing ok went out & put their money where their mouth is & bought a WiiU  then maybe it would be ok, 

There is only about 2500 playing Black Ops 2 online & there are people begging on the Splinter Cell MiiVerse thread trying to get people to play Co-Op with them, it is that desperate. 

Edited by alan666, 10 September 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#29 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this news, i have come to terms that the WiiU is failing & there will be few if any third party games on the WiiU, things will only get worse once the PS4 & X1 are released.

I will have enough games to tide me over until March 2014 when i will have a good idea of weather a PS4 or X1 will be the console to get,i am upset abut the WiiU situation but i am past caring if the WiiU fails or not anymore.

Nintendo need to start selling big numbers of WiiU units the games they are releasing do not seem to be getting people buying consoles, i don't know what Nintendo can do, even if someone here or somewhere else had a magic bullet & had a idea that would save the WiiU & put it back on track 100% Nintendo wouldn't take any notice.

Half the people say the WiiU is dead & the other half say it is doing ok, well if the half that say it is doing ok went out & put their money where their mouth is & bought a WiiU then maybe it would be ok,

There is only about 2500 playing Black Ops 2 online & there are people begging on the Splinter Cell MiiVerse thread trying to get people to play Co-Op with them, it is that desperate.

Why are you upset? The Wii U US not dead. They only need to sell like 20-30 million to be viable.

The Wii U will not be dead until Nintendo stops making games for it. I am sure you are old enough to realize by now Nintendo consoles are for one thing, Playing Nintendo games. That is why they did not care about what 3rd party developers wanted.

Just buy a PS4 (it will far and away be the winner) to go along with your Wii U. You will be much happier.

But keep that Wii U! There will be great games.

Edited by Dharmanator, 10 September 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#30 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Sadly that is why i got Splinter cell on PC, i have Blops2 on 360 & WiiU but anything other than team deathmatch just don't work due to no players. It's about time we all admit the WiiU is a total flop, a great idea and a nicely powered console but it's going nowhere and yes i regret spending £350 on it. In the UK they are now worth sod all so i'm better off hanging on to it for the odd good games that pop up in it's sure to be short life time rather than try to sell it.

Could of been great but was held back in every single way possible,very sad!  :(

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#31 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

no....just no. this is the biggest reason why i like nintendo. "i liek gunz nin10doh iz onlee fo babiez lol gamez without gunz suckz cuz gunz r coolz" although im all for M games, but are all RPG style.

What you are referring to is immature kid menatlity... Not every person that plays a shooters feels that way. I also wasn't just talking shooters, racing sims also.

Why are you upset? The Wii U US not dead. They only need to sell like 20-30 million to be viable.

The Wii U will not be dead until Nintendo stops making games for it. I am sure you are old enough to realize by now Nintendo consoles are for one thing, Playing Nintendo games. That is why they did not care about what 3rd party developers wanted.

Just buy a PS4 (it will far and away be the winner) to go along with your Wii U. You will be much happier.

But keep that Wii U! There will be great games.

So you are saying Nintendo lied and is continuing to lie to us. Saying they have great relationships with 3rd parties and things of that nature. I hope Nintendo one day truly understand their fanbase especially in the west because we are on two totally different planets.

Edited by GAMER1984, 10 September 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#32 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

so....how many threads are there about this? number of threads paraising Wii U : 0 number of threads Daisying about 3rd party : OVER 9000!!!!!!

Edited by Dr. Lipschitz, 10 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

bb0.gif

#33 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't get it.
you think ubisoft are shunning them because of 1 free to play browser game, and 1 hd port of a vito pile of rainbow?
Oh, and several ios "games" which they no doubt will put on wii u as all of you claim it as "shovelware".

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#34 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ubisoft is going to hurt from this far worse than Nintendo. Terrible move Ubi.....

z9jmgRa.png

Their logic in a nutshell.

Half the people say the WiiU is dead & the other half say it is doing ok, well if the half that say it is doing ok went out & put their money where their mouth is & bought a WiiU  then maybe it would be ok, 

Smash Bros. and Zelda will move the system. Just you watch.

Signature_DK.png

#35 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ubisoft is going to hurt from this far worse than Nintendo. Terrible move Ubi.....

Their logic in a nutshell.

Rayman doesn't have online.
Would you buy watch dogs on Wii U?
A game with online?

How about that f2p online-only war game?
Or that PSVito port that has online probably because every thirdparty game on every other console has online now?
You probably wouldn't, you'd buy it for PS4.
BECAUSE OF YOU, WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
(not singular you alex, plural of you, does include you though.)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#36 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Rayman doesn't have online.
Would you buy watch dogs on Wii U?
A game with online?

How about that f2p online-only war game?
Or that PSVito port that has online probably because every thirdparty game on every other console has online now?
You probably wouldn't, you'd buy it for PS4.

Why are you blaming me? Games do move systems.

Signature_DK.png

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

Why are you blaming me? Games do move systems.

Called it.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

I don't get it.
you think ubisoft are shunning them because of 1 free to play browser game, and 1 hd port of a vito pile of rainbow?
Oh, and several ios "games" which they no doubt will put on wii u as all of you claim it as "shovelware".

I was using Ubisoft as an example. The true reason for the tread was Nintendo being proactive. Build franchises that can compete with FPS, and race car simulation type games. Look right now in the year 2013 Wii U has no sports game coming to the console(major sports), It has 1 FPS(COD ghost correct me if I'm wrong), and no grand theft auto the biggest game launching this year. I don't expect Nintendo platforms to get every game from 3rd parties. But I feel they can make more mature title(no I'm not just talking shooting) that have online multiplayer and grow the audience on their systems so big 3rd parties don't have an excuse. Its like gamers are being punished for like a shooter or something of that nature but also like and wanting a nintendo console.

#39 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Is it me or does it feel like every new game release is ment to be a system seller? Then that game comes out and system does not sell so we wait for the next game.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#40 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

Of course there's no secret most 3rd party devs are ignoring wii u (i havent seen any konami, rockstar or suda games made with wiiu in mind, in fact, no games at all from them; heck, even the wii had 3rd party exclusives...but then again, wii sold like hot cakes), and i think its a vicious circle: wii u doesnt sell good cause has no 3rd party support, then 3rd parties dont make games for it cause it doesnt sell and so on.

How do 3rd parties expect the system to sell without games? Thats like buying a plant and not giving it sun and water, and then complaining and blaming the plant when its dying. Ubi is becoming a good example: remember their excuse for delaying Rayman? "other consoles owners want the game" and we know which version sold the most. Then they decided to be sincere and admited they didnt trust wii u as much at they seemed to do a year ago cause its not selling good. As far as i remember, when it was announced as an exclusive, the game was widely expected and many people were considering getting it along with a console. Then we all know what happened.

And also yeah, everyone knows you buy a Nintendo system to play games that cannot be found on other consoles: nintendo games, thats it. Other exclusives and 3rd party stuff are like a "bonus" if you want, but are rarely system sellers, or at least not at the level of a mario kart, smash or zelda. 2014 looks somehow promising with X, Bayonetta 2, Smash and Mario Kart, these last two will undeniably rise the wii u sales, lets just hope its not too late by then.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!