YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

http://www.engadget....d-release-date/

The article is from a few days ago. However, it has a piece of information that hasn't been reported that much from other media outlets. Basically, Sony told the press at the unveiling event that the Wi-Fi OLED version of the Vita will be discontinued. From the article:

The company says that it'll ultimately discontinue the OLED WiFi model, but that the 3G/WiFi OLED version will continue to be available and will find its way into similar discount bundles in the future - make of that what you will.

Sony wants to exit the handheld industry it seems.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Why would they get rid of the Wifi one? Of the 5 people who own a Vita, do any of them even own the 3G one? How silly. The 3G one is what needs to be discontinued. I didn't realize they still sold those!

Edited by Gaymer, 11 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hmm this sucks. If Sony ever does manage to tempt me to get one, I'd prefer the better screen. But by the time that happens, I'd probably have to resort to trying to find an unscratched used console. At that point, may as well get the Slim. Don't exactly want to waste money buying one in the near future with the chance it won't be worth the investment... Sony sure is making it difficult for me to throw money at them.

Posted Image

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:02 PM

I have the wi-fi model ill probably flip it on ebay

#5 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

The 3g is terrible anyway, you can't eve use it to play games only browse the Web etc. Which if people with the wifi only model want to they can anyway by sharing a phones 3g etc.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Guess now's the best time to buy. Could potentially get rare, plus another library of games. Somewhere, a wallet shrieked in terror.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why? 3G is kind of useless in a handheld gaming system.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Why would you discontinue what everyone uses to go online? And don't you have to pay to use 3G?

794144.png?13383682

#9 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

^^^^^ The 3g model still has wifi built in also. I would personally wait a couple of weeks if anyone is interested in a vita and you might find retailers slashing the prices on the wifi only version to get rid of them.

Also it won't let me link the pics, But there is a comparison between new and old screens, And the old ones look a lot clearer and more detailed than the new model.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#10 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

D: NOT THE OLED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

edit:

Xfv.jpg

OH GOD THE HORROR! MY EYES! D: 

Edited by meitantei_conan, 12 September 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

Simple there dtoping WiFi inky because they have a ton of 3g left over.

They plan to drop that as well and only make the ps vita slim or what ever the name of the LCD model is.

Same thing happen with the Psp switching to slim then go.

Ps3 fat. To slim to super slim, to slimmest ever in blue and red lol.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

To all the people flipping out:

3G Vita has Wi-Fi enabled and costs the exact same as the Wi-Fi only Vita.

As a producer of Playstation Vitas, why would it make sense to produce two products, one of which does the exact same the other does plus more, and sell them at the exact same price? It wouldn't make sense, hence why they're doing this.

Just don't buy a 3G subscription, and you'll be fine.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

I think the main problem is that the OLED wi-fi version is cheaper than the 3G alternative.

I for one think they are fighting a losing battle with the Vita, but it will sell OK in the end, not like the PSP, but OK.

Bring the noise.

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

I picked up my wifi only OLED model about 6 months ago for cheap as, It was like a 3 day sale at eb games and i got it like $50 cheaper than it usually was. So i can imagine what crazy prices they will drop to now. 

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!