#1 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

What are your thoughts on the gameplay and enviornment?

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#2 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I like how they start you off trying to survive against Jhen's brother, Daren Mohran.  Better than having people gather mushrooms first thing. 

Been reading up all I can about the game and it seems there are a lot of monsters.  Many of them are returning monsters (Gypceros, Kut Ku, Gravios) but for all the people that started with third gen MH, myself included, I say, "The more, the merrier!"  Doesn't sound like they all got a proper moveset makeover like Rathian and Rathalos did for 3rd gen, but they still don't feel as clunky as they did.  Recent word is we got Akantor, a Kirin Subspecies, and a Tigrex rare subspecies.  All of my yes.  Here's a link to the current Monster list: http://monsterhunter...i/MH4:_Monsters

The new mechanics seem to make the fights a lot more fun and dynamic.  Looks like it adds a nice layer to the combat.  I heard the longsword's midair attack is the third attack of the spirit combo.  If I can link directly into the roundslash from that, this longsword master is VERY happy.

the new Wyvern Virus mechanic sounds interesting.  Once infected, the hunter must try to deal a certain amount of damage to the monster that caused the infection before a gauge fills.  If they do, they get a critcal hit bonus.  If they don't, they lose the ability to regenerate the red portion of their health bar for who knows how long.  An infected monster will be more aggressive, as well as do and take less damage.  Unfortunately, a thought has crossed my mind: Infected Deviljho.  Nope nope nope nope.

The two new weapons look really fun.  I'm honestly not sure which one I want to try more.  The Bug staff reminds me of a longsword that can buff itself, the charge axe is a cross between an SnS and the axe mode of a switch axe.  I really want to play all this.

Based on what I've seen and heard, the monsters and most equipment look great.  The ground textures look horrendous in many cases unfortunately.  Oh well, I can't say I play MH for the graphics.  Not a deal breaker.

And of course this is a portable MH game with online and a Link armor set with Master Sword and Sacred Bow.  I need this.  I need it now.

#3 RiasRed

RiasRed

Dress Breaker

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • NNID:RiasRed
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Pokemon, Anime.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Cant watch the video where I'm at (stupid filters) but the game sounds amazing. Haven't played much MH3U but I've been meaning to. I might end up getting the 3ds version so I can continue my game here. Just heard that the game sold 2 million in 4 days. Any chance that its coming to America?

#4 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Looks great. Man, the eshop is killing textures though.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#5 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:hammers2332

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

I am currently playing MH3, (the first time i've played any game of the franchise) and I'm loving it.  So hope this gets released on the Wii U in Europe, it looks really good.

#6 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Are you playing MH3U? Or just MH3 on the Wii? Either way, they're both great games :D I want costumes in MH3U really badly XD

#7 hammers2332

hammers2332

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • NNID:hammers2332

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Are you playing MH3U? Or just MH3 on the Wii? Either way, they're both great games :D I want costumes in MH3U really badly XD

MH3U on Wii U. This has become my favorite game on the console. I played the demo and wasn't really that excited about it. However got a copy of the game fairly cheap of eBay and it has blown me away. I don't feel the demo really did it justice.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

MH3U on Wii U. This has become my favorite game on the console. I played the demo and wasn't really that excited about it. However got a copy of the game fairly cheap of eBay and it has blown me away. I don't feel the demo really did it justice.

The only thing the demo appealed to was the current user base. It was pretty much soley for checking the mechanics on the new systems/controllers.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Have you guys heard about the Link costumes and the Mario + Luigi partners?

#10 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Have you guys heard about the Link costumes and the Mario + Luigi partners?

http://thewiiu.com/t...nster-hunter-4/

Yes.

There have been a multitude of MH threads here recently and I don't think anyone can keep track of them anymore.  I considered making a dedicated MH4 thread but news for it has been infrequent until recently.  Even still I'm not sure it warrants a thread until there's a western release announced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!