Photo

What's the General Consensus on ZombieU?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Just curious to see what people think of this game. The demo is....okay.

pNgecl.gif

#2 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

I loved it! It didn't sell to well, But I thought it was a great game none the less. I also thought it had a cool re-spawning concept. having to go back to where you last died to get your bag. Also the real time inventory. You could get attacked while going through your inventory so you really felt like if you were living in that scenario. Wish there was more achievements or customization, but overall it still didn't take back from the experience. I would highly recommend this game even though it got "okay" reviews.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

It's a good game that's worth a try. That's basically it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

There is no consensus, I believe. I think it's a great game, others hate it. Most think it's quite good. The criticism is generally that it's somewhat ugly and that the bat-whacking combat gets a bit repetitive (not that using the bat all the time is repetitive per se, but that the whacking uses very few different animations and that there are no combos and such). You can probably find it quite cheap now too.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

It sucks.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

I think its the best launch title for Wii U.  It actually uses the Gamepad in some very interesting ways, and its a true survival horror game.  It doesn't use a ton of cheap scenarios either, like a bunch of blind corners with a Zombie waiting for you there.  Its not going down in history as one of the greatest games of all time or anything, but its a solid game for true survival horror fans, and did an exceptional job with the gamepad.    

#7 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Its one of my favorite wiiu games! true survival horror. I actually didn't find the bat to be that repetitive. I wish they would make zombiu2    

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

I only played adversarial so far, it was fun.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

There isn't a thing like "general consensus", some love it, others hate it. I really liked it but you and everyone else should be aware of the fact that it is a survival horror, meaning your resources are limited and you will probably die many time. It's just how it is meant to be played!

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#10 Uldkraemmeren

Uldkraemmeren

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

It is a good game that is a little rough, and could use a sequel. It is one of only two games that managed to really scary me (the other one being Resident Evil: Remake for Gamecube) and that is a major achievement and the reason I will remember it for a long time.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

The only people that hate this game hate it because it's not a shooter and is a proper survival horror game.

It's a great game which utilises the gamepad extremely well and is genuinely scary/tense. 

#12 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Fun at first and then it got boring real real fast.

I like horror games but this one just felt stale and boring while a game like amnesia for PC easily captured what zombiu wanted to do. It's just tiresome and I didn't like it, looking at the responses here it's a love hate thing for this game.

#13 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

ZombiU was great, a thrill ride. A little short but definitely worth what is goes for right now and a good length for survival horror. I hope if the Wii U sales increase that Ubisoft will consider a sequel. It had an awesome story.

2lvmghw.png

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

This seems to be one those hate it or love it games.

Although i ended up selling it before i could finish it, i really liked it. And i`m not a fan the genre.

The fact that when you die you have to start all over again and yet being able to meet your old self and gain your staff back, makes it for a very original title. Also, you can find your friend`s old characters and take their stuff too!

Let`s hope, down the line, Ubisoft tries one more time and gives us a sequel.

#15 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

Here's a easy way to say it. Just finished my 10th play through. Was almost 11 but lost one at the end with survival mode. If you want a real survival horror game it deffinetly fits the bill. Also should note miiverse is very friendly and helpfull for this game.

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think it's a cool game- I just haven't invested the time in it- it's kinda like that with Monster Hunter.

#17 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I love it. If you like survival horror games you'll probably really enjoy it.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Now that I've played all the way through, there are parts that I do like and parts that I don't.

I don't necessarily agree with the opinion that people hate it because it's far from your common shooter. I think there are little bits here and there throughout the game that have this unnecessary irritant feel for what the game is.

I think the general consensus is to buy it at a cheap value if you can.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I got mine for something like $38 with shipping.  I've seen it new as low as $20......

Now that I've played all the way through, there are parts that I do like and parts that I don't.

I don't necessarily agree with the opinion that people hate it because it's far from your common shooter. I think there are little bits here and there throughout the game that have this unnecessary irritant feel for what the game is.

I think the general consensus is to buy it at a cheap value if you can.

#20 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

You either love it or hate it. I think it depends on whether you try to play it as a survival/horror game, or an action game. If you try to play it as how it's meant to be played, it should be pretty awesome.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!