64 replies to this topic

#61 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

If that's true then surely they would've done it?  Why would they leave that out when it's so desirable?  Well, if they can do it then hopefully it's at least coming soon as another update.

Keep in mind, anything is possible... Just because they can do it doesn't mean it would be super easy to do. Although, I doubt it would be that hard to do. I hate to say it, but the most likely reason they didn't do it is because they're *GASP* lazy... :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#62 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

Not true. They could map the Wiimote and Nunchuk's buttons and motion controls to the gamepad. It is an emulator, after all. It would be like using an Xbox 360 controller with a Gamecube game on an emulator.

I do t think its as simple as that and even if they could do that it wouldn't be an ideal option anyway.

it's not impossible... They'd have to patch the Wii Mode environment though, which they seem to be hesitant to do. But they can stick the remapping app into the home button pause menu.

I just hope they can let us map and save different controls for each game.

I don't think that's possible and even if it was it would be less then ideal as I said above.

#63 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

I do t think its as simple as that and even if they could do that it wouldn't be an ideal option anyway.

I don't think that's possible and even if it was it would be less then ideal as I said above.

Why is it not ideal? It'd work perfectly for all virtual console games along with games such as Super Smash Bros Brawl, And Kirby's Epic Yarn. it should work fine for games that need little motion/pointer controls such as Super Paper Mario, Wario Land, and Donkey Kong.

Admittedly some games such as Mario Galaxy and Pikmin would be nearly impossible, but that shouldn't rule out support for other games.

Edited by grahamf, 06 October 2013 - 11:35 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#64 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Indeed. 

I can understand not wanting to try some sort of emulated hack for the GamePad (mapping it to Miimote buttons, etc), but surely they could add a hook that made it appear as a Controller Pro?

The fact the GamePad can display an image while in Wii mode confirms that they have more control than we previously thought.

I think the problem with Nintendo is they don't like to include things that might not work 100%.  They COULD include this functionality with a disclaimer that it might not work with all games, they may even be able to run Wii games at 1080p, but instead they play it safe every time.  Had this not been true then surely they would have had Wii games running on the GamePad at launch?

As for actual speed improvements in the update, I am hugely disappointed.  Adding a fancy loading screen does not make up for Miiverse not appearing instantly.  Yes if you go to view someones profile it can display really quickly, but its the sheer lack of consistency that is half the problem with the Wii U.  With 1GB of RAM for the OS almost everything should appear instantly.  I mean for crying out loud the Xbox 360 can do it on 32MB of RAM!

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 06 October 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#65 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

I mean for crying out loud the Xbox 360 can do it on 32MB of RAM!

Xbox 360 has 512MB of GDDR3 ram :\

But still, yeah there's room for improvement. Give it time. :)

Edited by ifrit05, 06 October 2013 - 11:37 PM.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!