Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

Super Mario 3D World

They started off by showing the railer, showed who is kidnapped, new levels and the new overworld on how you navigate through levels.

Wii Motion Plus special Mario & Luigi remotes will be available in November 1st.

Wii Party U

Showed some new levels and a new level called 'Dance with Mii' And some Nintendo costumes.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Needs a little more time to develop, so its coming out Febuary 2014

Mario & Sonic Wii U

Online mode is confirmed. Has this cool feature.

Will come with a blue Wii remote buindle

Released in November 15th

Smash Bros

Sonic is confirmed.

daily.jpg

Pikmin 3.

Will be patching in new mission levels at a later time. One free, the rest DLC.

3rd party (Veeeeeeery pathetic.)

In short: "BUY THESE GAMES"

Animal Crossing

Has some sort of sowing machine if you talk to mable if you haven't done so. Also you can get new furnature on Nintendo Zone. and older games like Kid Icarus and Mario 3D Land.

Bravely Default

Showed the character trailer.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

You yourself can change the way you play, you earn items in dungeons but have a chance to BUY these items. Ravio is a female  zelda version of Nabbit fromk New Super Mario U.

Kirby 3DS

Showed a new Kirby for 3DS, coming in 2014.

Well.....Wasn't that bad, I mean its better than the last one they had in August, except for the 3rd party support. It really had me laughing on how low its getting. Next time they really need to show us how games like AC4, W_D, and Batman Origins will run on Wii U, show me that the Wii U version is worth a damn and I'll buy it instead of 'Oh yeah its coming to Wii U so buy it.'

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm pretty sure the reason they don't highlight the third party games we're excited for is because the third parties don't want to release actual wii u in-game footage, which is what nintendo prefer to use.
Still, they should have the watch dogs and batman trailers in there at least, they're huge games. Get them some advertising since their own companies won't be doing it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

I thought it was pretty great. SM3DW looks better, Phoenix Wright demo, 3DS Kirby, Wiimotes I shouldn't care about since we have enough, Link Between Worlds is non-linear, and 6 Streetpasses instead of one! Oh, and Bravely Default has some terrible VAs. Yay for dual audio.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Every recap I go to forgets about the StreetPass Relay upgrade. :P It was one of the only actual announcements besides Kirby.

Oh, and Bravely Default has some terrible VAs. Yay for dual audio. 

I was almost laughing at this part, because of the obvious disclaimer about the dual audio. "WE KNOW IT'S BAD. HERE, HAVE THE ORIGINAL." xD

Edited by Ixchel, 01 October 2013 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Anyone else disappointed by the PikMin 3 DLC?
New mission modes isn't something I'm remotely interested in.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Anyone else disappointed by the PikMin 3 DLC?
New mission modes isn't something I'm remotely interested in.

You still get a free mission!

The show was good. All Wii U games look great, specially Mario!

Don`t understand how AC 4, Batman and Ghosts aren`t talked about. This would be the best place to push them.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

You still get a free mission!

The show was good. All Wii U games look great, specially Mario!
Don`t understand how AC 4, Batman and Ghosts aren`t talked about. This would be the best place to push them.

They mentioned Assassin's Creed 4 on Twitter, but that's it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

They mentioned Assassin's Creed 4 on Twitter, but that's it.

Didn`t know.

Still, they showed Ubisoft games during E3, why not now? Spend a little time to show how the games work on Wii U would be great promotion.

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm tempted to get the Mario/Luigi Wii Remotes. I really like the designs, and I only have 2 Wii Remote+s at the moment. So I'll probably want two more for multiplayer and stuff. Also I'm pretty annoyed how Mario & Sonic can get online multiplayer, but other games can't. No online play in a game is never a deal breaker for me, but it's greatly appreciated.

Edited by Firejonie, 01 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Didn`t know.

Still, they showed Ubisoft games during E3, why not now? Spend a little time to show how the games work on Wii U would be great promotion.

That was back when Nintendo thought Ubisoft was a true partner who had their back with worthy launch window games.

Before the betrayal with Rayman Legends and half-hearted efforts given to multiplat titles (and that one 360 port of an alien creature game reworked into an exclusive zombi title).

It is Nintendo's job to market Nintendo.

It is the third parties who are to market their wares.

Nintendo give them enough and then lets them do their marketing.

When there is a third party developer who cares enough to make a stand-out game on Wii U, you can bet Nintendo will showcase it.

Until then, it will be - "there is a third party game you can have - see their marketing efforts to learn more." And that is the right way to do it.

But if said third party doesn't have marketing efforts in place... they are shooting their own foot. Nintendo is not responsible for them.

Two games come to mind that can look just like the PS4 games on wii U: CoD: Ghosts and Watch Dogs.  But if the developers aren't interested in investing the effort necessary to make it so, then it won't happen. and I am sure Nintendo wants them to get the message that more is expected. Especially from Ubi.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 01 October 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#11 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Donkey kong is getting delayed?  Why?  WHile I had no interest in the game, its kind of depressing that one of their big wii u games is getting delayed.

Was expecting Sonic to be back in smash.  Snake is the one I'm wondering if he'll return.

Can't wait for Bravely Default.  Been listening to the music on youtube and it's great, and the game looks good too.

Link Between Worlds information always gets me pumped.  I like what they announced.

Ace Attorney demo was a blast.  I really hope it sells well, I don't want to watch one of my favorite series die in the west.

Everything else, meh.

#12 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

That was back when Nintendo thought Ubisoft was a true partner who had their back with worthy launch window games.

Before the betrayal with Rayman Legends and half-hearted efforts given to multiplat titles (and that one 360 port of an alien creature game reworked into an exclusive zombi title).

It is Nintendo's job to market Nintendo.

It is the third parties who are to market their wares.

Nintendo give them enough and then lets them do their marketing.

When there is a third party developer who cares enough to make a stand-out game on Wii U, you can bet Nintendo will showcase it.

Until then, it will be - "there is a third party game you can have - see their marketing efforts to learn more." And that is the right way to do it.

But if said third party doesn't have marketing efforts in place... they are shooting their own foot. Nintendo is not responsible for them.

Two games come to mind that can look just like the PS4 games on wii U: CoD: Ghosts and Watch Dogs.  But if the developers aren't interested in investing the effort necessary to make it so, then it won't happen. and I am sure Nintendo wants them to get the message that more is expected. Especially from Ubi.

Nintendo always used NDs to show 3rd party games. It`s nothing new.
What is strange is how it`s not doing that with some Wii U games. And i really mean some, because there`s a vídeo released yesterday about 3rd party games on Wii U but Watch Dogs and Ghosts aren`t there.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Nintendo always used NDs to show 3rd party games. It`s nothing new.
What is strange is how it`s not doing that with some Wii U games. And i really mean some, because there`s a vídeo released yesterday about 3rd party games on Wii U but Watch Dogs and Ghosts aren`t there.

Of course they have. But the onus isn't on them to promote other people's games.

Nintendo benefits in doings so when it adds value to Nintendo hardware.

But when the developers won't even include the Wii U availability in their own advertisements, you wonder what's really up. I have seen multiple game advertisements this year with multiplat games that include a Wii U version, yet the Wii U logo is nowhere to be found alongside other consoles in the ads. 

And Nintendo is probably going to toughen up even more over the next few years.  Nintendo is showcasing their own games here and that of true "I got your back" partners like Sega (believe it or not).  No doubt they are sensing the trend of third parties taking whatever they want from Nintendo, but giving next to nothing back. and Nintendo may be figuring that, as much as they have reached out and tried very hard to court third parties, that the support may not be there and they need to get people focused on Nintendo games, third party exclusives, and the rare truly excellent third party game.

Back in the day, Nintendo was indifferent to third parties. Third parties shunned them.

Today, Nintendo is begging third parties. they still get shunned. And even worse, they had support pledged by certain third parties to help sell the Wii U at launch, who then betrayed them.

I think it is pretty easy to see why Nintendo did not want to showcase third parties in the latest ND.

At first, I was confused concerning Batman. but with the removal of online play, you can just imagine the steam coming out of Iwata's ears. Zero reason to remove that from the Wii U version. Why promote games that are gutting themselves for your console? Hopefully the third parties wise up. when they do, no doubt they will be given much more respect in future Directs.

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Of course they have. But the onus isn't on them to promote other people's games.

Nintendo benefits in doings so when it adds value to Nintendo hardware.

But when the developers won't even include the Wii U availability in their own advertisements, you wonder what's really up. I have seen multiple game advertisements this year with multiplat games that include a Wii U version, yet the Wii U logo is nowhere to be found alongside other consoles in the ads. 

And Nintendo is probably going to toughen up even more over the next few years.  Nintendo is showcasing their own games here and that of true "I got your back" partners like Sega (believe it or not).  No doubt they are sensing the trend of third parties taking whatever they want from Nintendo, but giving next to nothing back. and Nintendo may be figuring that, as much as they have reached out and tried very hard to court third parties, that the support may not be there and they need to get people focused on Nintendo games, third party exclusives, and the rare truly excellent third party game.

Back in the day, Nintendo was indifferent to third parties. Third parties shunned them.

Today, Nintendo is begging third parties. they still get shunned. And even worse, they had support pledged by certain third parties to help sell the Wii U at launch, who then betrayed them.

I think it is pretty easy to see why Nintendo did not want to showcase third parties in the latest ND.

At first, I was confused concerning Batman. but with the removal of online play, you can just imagine the steam coming out of Iwata's ears. Zero reason to remove that from the Wii U version. Why promote games that are gutting themselves for your console? Hopefully the third parties wise up. when they do, no doubt they will be given much more respect in future Directs.

Promoting 3rd party games on your console will always be a good thing for Nintendo, even if they don`t do it themselves.

Honestly i don`t see Nintendo not talking about a specific game on purpose, when they really need 3rd party games to sell on Wii U and 3DS.

About that, around E3 i heard someone - probably Marcus from Gametrailers - saying that it was common for companies to cut deals to not let games coming to other consoles to be talked about or shown during certain events or at all.

It kinda got me thinking and if you look at MS and Sony`s conference at E3 you can see how certain games didn`t appear on both conferences. Which is weird.

Even in today`s situation, Nintendo is not in a position where it can act strong. Nintendo needs them and everyone knows that. It`s hard to negotiate when you clearly don`t have the upperhand.

I haven`t read anything about the lack of MP in Batman, but what i can tell is that giving the Wii U port extra dev time might/could cut into the game`s profits. WB probably doesn`t expect a lot of sales so they don`t want to risk making less profits.
Still, you get the cheaper version.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Promoting 3rd party games on your console will always be a good thing for Nintendo, even if they don`t do it themselves.

Honestly i don`t see Nintendo not talking about a specific game on purpose, when they really need 3rd party games to sell on Wii U and 3DS.

About that, around E3 i heard someone - probably Marcus from Gametrailers - saying that it was common for companies to cut deals to not let games coming to other consoles to be talked about or shown during certain events or at all.

It kinda got me thinking and if you look at MS and Sony`s conference at E3 you can see how certain games didn`t appear on both conferences. Which is weird.

Even in today`s situation, Nintendo is not in a position where it can act strong. Nintendo needs them and everyone knows that. It`s hard to negotiate when you clearly don`t have the upperhand.

I haven`t read anything about the lack of MP in Batman, but what i can tell is that giving the Wii U port extra dev time might/could cut into the game`s profits. WB probably doesn`t expect a lot of sales so they don`t want to risk making less profits.
Still, you get the cheaper version.

Extra dev time never hurt (unless you're talking about Duke Nukem...)

And the only thing cutting into profits is the lack of effort to make the game everything it is supposed to be, regardless of platform.

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Extra dev time never hurt (unless you're talking about Duke Nukem...)

And the only thing cutting into profits is the lack of effort to make the game everything it is supposed to be, regardless of platform.

Well, if you have an idea that the game will sell only so much, the extra dev time makes a difference.
If they expected to sell more than 200K, for example, then i`m sure they would give you the full game.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

---> Well, if you have an idea that the game will sell only so much <---

, the extra dev time makes a difference.
If they expected to sell more than 200K, for example, then i`m sure they would give you the full game.

Bingo! We have a winner.

And that is where the problem lies. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy once it gets to that state in a publisher board meeting. then the developers are told to gimp the game, thus turning prospective buyers off, who want the "real" version on another console.

It wouldn't be OK on MS or Sony consoles and it's not OK on Nintendo's Wii U.

#18 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

Bingo! We have a winner.

And that is where the problem lies. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy once it gets to that state in a publisher board meeting. then the developers are told to gimp the game, thus turning prospective buyers off, who want the "real" version on another console.

It wouldn't be OK on MS or Sony consoles and it's not OK on Nintendo's Wii U.

It`s not always a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Truth is, Wii U`s install base hasn`t grown subtantially and it`s fanbase is not known to be 3rd party friendly (with a few exceptions).

The first Batman game, despite being a late port, hasn`t even reached 200K.

With all the effort they put into the game, with those sales, how can they have confidence that the new one can give them as much profits as the first one or more?
And it`s not just the money that matters, it`s the human resources that could be put to better use.

With or without online mode, for this kind of game, there`s no real impact on sales numbers.
If it was a racer or a shooter, than yes, it would really make a difference.

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:21 AM

It`s not always a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Truth is, Wii U`s install base hasn`t grown subtantially and it`s fanbase is not known to be 3rd party friendly (with a few exceptions).

The first Batman game, despite being a late port, hasn`t even reached 200K.

With all the effort they put into the game, with those sales, how can they have confidence that the new one can give them as much profits as the first one or more?
And it`s not just the money that matters, it`s the human resources that could be put to better use.

With or without online mode, for this kind of game, there`s no real impact on sales numbers.
If it was a racer or a shooter, than yes, it would really make a difference.

I am going to say it again as a Nintendo fan. The 3rd party situation is primarily Nintendo fault. i know a lot of people are going to disagree with what im saying. As a console manufactuer AND software developer you have to make games to grow your audience. The FPS multiplayer audience is missing on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo has to make a game to grow that audience just thinking 3rd party games that are shooters are going to do it is insane. gamers buy a console for 1st party content first. Sony saw it needed a fps and they CREATED one and now killzone has millions of fans. Im not saying Nintendo has to lose itself or identity but they need to balance out their IP's. they need a FPS multiplayer IP to grow so their core gamers will buy into it and be willing to purchase 3rd party games of the mold. Let stop blaming 3rd parties for everything.... now yes Wii U shouldnt have it as bad as it has it right now. we should be getting madden, live, 2k, and fifa... but i dont blame a 3rd party publisher for not bringing its Mulitplayer heavy focused shooter to Wii U it doesnt make since and just bringing that game alone its going to turn things around. People like to mention the COD games on Wii that sold barely a million copies.... YEAH when your install base is like 60 million (at that time) i guess a game has a good shot of selling a million.

#20 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

I am going to say it again as a Nintendo fan. The 3rd party situation is primarily Nintendo fault. i know a lot of people are going to disagree with what im saying. As a console manufactuer AND software developer you have to make games to grow your audience. The FPS multiplayer audience is missing on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo has to make a game to grow that audience just thinking 3rd party games that are shooters are going to do it is insane. gamers buy a console for 1st party content first. Sony saw it needed a fps and they CREATED one and now killzone has millions of fans. Im not saying Nintendo has to lose itself or identity but they need to balance out their IP's. they need a FPS multiplayer IP to grow so their core gamers will buy into it and be willing to purchase 3rd party games of the mold. Let stop blaming 3rd parties for everything.... now yes Wii U shouldnt have it as bad as it has it right now. we should be getting madden, live, 2k, and fifa... but i dont blame a 3rd party publisher for not bringing its Mulitplayer heavy focused shooter to Wii U it doesnt make since and just bringing that game alone its going to turn things around. People like to mention the COD games on Wii that sold barely a million copies.... YEAH when your install base is like 60 million (at that time) i guess a game has a good shot of selling a million.

I fully agree with you. It would be a lot easier for Nintendo to attract specific genre fans if they could provide exclusive titles on those genres.
To me, that`s how you help grow a fanbase for 3rd parties to invest in.

I know that Nintendo can`t do everything, but it`s more than time to equip their studios to do that. The same way they did it during the N64 days and all those sports titles that people wanted.

Unfortunately, EA wasn`t there to help Wii U like Activision is helping with Ghosts.
Whatever happened between Nintendo and EA couldn`t just be about low sales for EA games. Try again and see if the fanbase can rise.

CoD is a different case as it can attract both core and casual gamers. So, no wonder it did well on Wii.
Still, it was a good sign that Wii owners were open to FPS titles aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!