Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Do you deliberately type things wrongly just to be annoying?

That's probably the swear filter.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#22 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Speaking of dropped framerates, has anyone else notice the game locking up for a moment when you launch the tingle bottle creator?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#23 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Regardless of the so called frame rate issues which I haven't come across yet its still far better then the original overall and certainly not a cash in my opinion. Considering how many HD remakes there have been in recent times on various consoles by that logic they would all be cash ins. At the end of the day there are many people who have never played these games and some who have who would love to play them again with graphical and other improvements on their new consoles. There is nothing wrong in that.

All of those HD ports are most definitely cash-ins. However, most of those HD ports come bundled with several games. Only Nintendo can get away with releasing one 100 year old game with prettier graphics and charge almost full price for it.

Edited by Gaymer, 06 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#24 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

6 months and how long did the gamecube to develop? I will never get the HD version I rather play the Gamecube version cause of the 8 tri force shards then the stupid 3 tri force shards in the HD version.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#25 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

6 months and how long did the gamecube to develop? I will never get the HD version I rather play the Gamecube version cause of the 8 tri force shards then the stupid 3 tri force shards in the HD version.

They seriously dumbed it down that much? Jesus Christ

#26 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

...are you serious? There are still 8 shards, but you only dig up3 of them. The others are found in places where you originally found Triforce Charts. Of course the original took longer to develop; they had to create the engine, art assets, models, textures, dungeons, puzzles, locations, and story from scratch. With the remake, all they needed to do was improve the resolution, framerate, lighting, textures, draw distance, and pacing. That's more than most HD remakes do, as those improve the resolution and frame rate only. More effort went into this than all but a few HD remakes, which is why it is a higher price (although still not full). If you loved the original, you will love this even more.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#27 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Yes they dumbed it down and it's really stupid for nintendo. WTF happen the the 5 tri froce shard? at least make a dungeon for it and what replace it was Hero Mode. wow -clap for nintendo for there smart idea-

5R5PY4h.jpg

#28 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

The only thing they "dumbed down" is saving you about a few thousand rupees and an hour of sailing. This is infinitely better than the original in every way possible.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#29 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

My only graphic complaint is the low polygon count. But it's still amazing on Wii U and in HD.

...are you serious? There are still 8 shards, but you only dig up3 of them. The others are found in places where you originally found Triforce Charts. Of course the original took longer to develop; they had to create the engine, art assets, models, textures, dungeons, puzzles, locations, and story from scratch. With the remake, all they needed to do was improve the resolution, framerate, lighting, textures, draw distance, and pacing. That's more than most HD remakes do, as those improve the resolution and frame rate only. More effort went into this than all but a few HD remakes, which is why it is a higher price (although still not full). If you loved the original, you will love this even more.

So they only got rid of most Triforce CHARTS instead of Shards? Good riddance. Makes more sense to find them in minidungeons too. Feels more epic.
No sig.

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

My only graphic complaint is the low polygon count. But it's still amazing on Wii U and in HD.

So they only got rid of most Triforce CHARTS instead of Shards? Good riddance. Makes more sense to find them in minidungeons too. Feels more epic.

That's how it should've been in the first place. I didn't hate the sailing as much as other people did, and the game gave you plenty of places to get a lot of money, so that wasn't the issue. The issue I had with it was that the journey of growth was essentially a scavenger hunt in which you had to pay for the locations of the items. The game didn't get dumbed down in any way, and it was only improved upon.

The low poly count is a legitimate complaint though, as it may look a little off compared to the top notch lighting and HD textures. I don't really mind it though, as the models still look really nice and works with the artstyle IMO.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 06 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#31 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

All of those HD ports are most definitely cash-ins. However, most of those HD ports come bundled with several games. Only Nintendo can get away with releasing one 100 year old game with prettier graphics and charge almost full price for it.

only nintendo can charge full price for an old game because their games are of a much higher quality than any others on the market.

#32 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

only nintendo can charge full price for an old game because their games are of a much higher quality than any others on the market.

Sounds nothing more than the logic a fanboy would use to justify their purchase. I'm sure many Sony and Microsoft fanboys feel the same about their respective console's games. Nintendo's games are amazing, but to say that their quality of gaming is above everything else on the market is laughable.

Edited by Gaymer, 07 October 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#33 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Sounds nothing more than the logic a fanboy would use to justify their purchase. I'm sure many Sony and Microsoft fanboys feel the same about their respective console's games. Nintendo's games are amazing, but to say that their quality of gaming is above everything else on the market is laughable.

It's not fanboy logic.  There's a reason certain old cars are worth more than other certain old cars.  There's a reason why certain old anythings are worth more than other certain old anythings.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#34 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

It's not fanboy logic.  There's a reason certain old cars are worth more than other certain old cars.  There's a reason why certain old anythings are worth more than other certain old anythings.

Limited quantities? Yes, because people who have money to spare make them valuable.

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

Yes they dumbed it down and it's really stupid for nintendo. WTF happen the the 5 tri froce shard? at least make a dungeon for it and what replace it was Hero Mode. wow -clap for nintendo for there smart idea-

They are in the chests that the triforce maps used to be in.

Effectively removing the #1 problem and largest complaint with windwaker, The stupid fetch quest. An unnecessary pace breaking game halting filler With no purpose whatsoever.

Finding the triforce charts was a blast. Grinding the money for tingle and sailing YET AGAIN from the closest teleport point simply to pick it up was a huge bore.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

http://ie.ign.com/ga...waker/gcn-17012

http://ie.ign.com/ga...t-evil-2/ps-504

Windwaker is 0.3 better than resident evil 2, probably the best RE int he series.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

http://ie.ign.com/ga...waker/gcn-17012

http://ie.ign.com/ga...t-evil-2/ps-504

Windwaker is 0.3 better than resident evil 2, probably the best RE int he series.

http://www.ign.com/g...-disc/gcn-15821

Resident Evil 4 is unfortunately considered the best RE in the series and it's 0.2 higher than Wind Waker. umad?

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

http://www.ign.com/g...-disc/gcn-15821

Resident Evil 4 is unfortunately considered the best RE in the series and it's 0.2 higher than Wind Waker. umad?

http://ie.ign.com/ga...disc/wii-853595

It lost 0.6 points for being remade though, windwaker gained points didn't it?

Edited by Nollog, 07 October 2013 - 07:19 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

http://ie.ign.com/ga...disc/wii-853595

It lost 0.6 points for being remade though, windwaker gained points didn't it?

Well, it seems that every "remake" Capcom does of the game gets its points downgraded. People must've gotten tired of the 300 remakes the game has received on every platform.

http://www.ign.com/g...disc/ps3-104236

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

Well, it seems that every "remake" Capcom does of the game gets its points downgraded. People must've gotten tired of the 300 remakes the game has received on every platform.

http://www.ign.com/g...disc/ps3-104236

Perhaps they changed too much, making the game less enjoyable to people who played it before.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!