KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Pellet gun...? lmao, He probably wouldn't even respond to someone knocking on his door knowing how bad he is at responding messages.

Well i'm not gonna suggest a real gun >.>

Also i'm pretty sure he's Canadian, we don't hand guns out willy-nilly up here.

Edited by xWydrAx, 08 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#22 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Feld0 is too much of a  female dog too come on here and re-add the chat.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#23 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Feld0 is too much of a  female dog too come on here and re-add the chat.

i think we all know what we are talking about when you say that. Anyways I just miss sending funny gifs and pics to game collector. Remember that? Good times...

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#24 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Isn't the chat room a pay for yearly? Isn't that the original reason it was removed?

#25 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Isn't the chat room a pay for yearly? Isn't that the original reason it was removed?

The reason it was removed was because 90% of the people around here proved themselves unable to handle themselves in a chat environment, let drama from the chats bleed over into the forums, etc.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#26 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

The reason it was removed was because 90% of the people around here proved themselves unable to handle themselves in a chat environment, let drama from the chats bleed over into the forums, etc.

Ah right, that's unfortunate for everyone else.

#27 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Ah right, that's unfortunate for everyone else.

Not really. Those that didn't cause any issues either never responded to anything or were always AFK.

GameZombie44.png

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Not really. Those that didn't cause any issues either never responded to anything or were always AFK.

Wll then it sounds to me like the people who considered themselves "mature enough to handle chat" consider themselves so because they never really chatted in the first place.I know on MLP forums, they removed it stating the same reasons, but I never saw any of the things they stated, and a lot of it was misunderstanding, since the people who made the decision never actually chatted there themselves. Is it possible this is the same thing?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wll then it sounds to me like the people who considered themselves "mature enough to handle chat" consider themselves so because they never really chatted in the first place.I know on MLP forums, they removed it stating the same reasons, but I never saw any of the things they stated, and a lot of it was misunderstanding, since the people who made the decision never actually chatted there themselves. Is it possible this is the same thing?

Actually, most of the people that're claiming that were part of the problem.

GameZombie44.png

#30 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Actually, most of the people that're claiming that were part of the problem.

I think I was unclear. i mean people who were complaining about the maturity in the chat.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#31 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Right now, I'm in no real position to add a chat. I'm a broke college kid now who is spending more and more time doing homework.
Right now, IPB Chat is out of the question.

I'm not opposed to chat, I just know I don't have enough time to make sure it would actually work.

I don't know if this forum can only use certain chat rooms, but I know for certain Chatroll would be a good choice. It has plenty of options, easy to use and install(even I could), moderation is quick and easy(experience), and only costs for the user unless they removed the fee.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#32 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

I've talked about chat here in other topics, so I don't really feel like repeating what has been said before when I should be studying right now.

The chat fell apart because of the users.  In the end, it was sort of like this:

Any users who were banned for spam or trolling/flaming would complain or act like it is completely unfair (and end up convincing other users to start a movement or petition), making me wrong for banning them.

If a specific user wasn't banned, I wasn't doing my job correctly and I was the reason chat died.

I don't know if this forum can only use certain chat rooms, but I know for certain Chatroll would be a good choice. It has plenty of options, easy to use and install(even I could), moderation is quick and easy(experience), and only costs for the user unless they removed the fee.

I'd rather not deal with any chat services that cost money, I don't have much.  Feldo isn't in support of chat because of what happened on MLP or here, so he wouldn't back it.

I don't know if I have permissions to add a chat to the forum, though.

#33 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

I think the chat should be given another chance at some point. But I don't know when it would be a good time to do so, and with some hefty changes. Such as a higher post requirement to keep away anyone who joins just to mess with chat. Anywhere between 50 and 100 posts would be a good estimate. By the time someone's posted 50 times or so, with all of them being generic spammy like posts, a mod/admin would probably notice and ban them. That is if someone will go through the hassle of posting 50 times. Or maybe enforce the fact that any major problems should be reported, something that didn't happen much last time. 

#34 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Slap on the free version of chat that holds 5 members :P

Then if we all prove that we can handle that for a while maybe talk to Mr Feld0 about implementing a higher capacity chat 

Baby steps....thats all we ask for 

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

I WANT MY POTATO YOU BUNCH OF GOVERNMENT INGRATES!

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

I enjoyed chat for the first year or so that I was hear, but then in the later year I started coming to it less and less. It started to become a drama house for everyone to release their anger and problems. Most of the people in chat were never able to handle the chat. There were only a handful of members that wouldn't engage in these arguments (I never tired to myself although there were a couple I gave my input, which didn't end well for me...) In the older days people wouldn't complain all the time or argue they had a conversation or a funny spam battle (and the spam battle never got out of control). Anyways, I personally don't think were going to see chat again unless something is changed. I would like to see chat come back, because I do miss it, but unless some new rules are put out I don't see it happening. I also agree here with Mitch, take steps to bringing chat back, maybe do a trial and error. If it doesn't work then return chat back to the shelf. I don't think we should leave it the way it is though. Regardless the biggest thing to bring chat back is EVERYONE here. If everyone here tried a bit harder we might see some changes to chat, or maybe even the whole site (which needs some help too)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#37 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

I enjoyed chat for the first year or so that I was hear, but then in the later year I started coming to it less and less. It started to become a drama house for everyone to release their anger and problems. Most of the people in chat were never able to handle the chat. There were only a handful of members that wouldn't engage in these arguments (I never tired to myself although there were a couple I gave my input, which didn't end well for me...) In the older days people wouldn't complain all the time or argue they had a conversation or a funny spam battle (and the spam battle never got out of control). Anyways, I personally don't think were going to see chat again unless something is changed. I would like to see chat come back, because I do miss it, but unless some new rules are put out I don't see it happening. I also agree here with Mitch, take steps to bringing chat back, maybe do a trial and error. If it doesn't work then return chat back to the shelf. I don't think we should leave it the way it is though. Regardless the biggest thing to bring chat back is EVERYONE here. If everyone here tried a bit harder we might see some changes to chat, or maybe even the whole site (which needs some help too)

Well there could be house rules with this. I think if you argue/hate your first offence would be a warnig, 2nd would be banned for a week or so, and then the 3rd offence would be banned for life unless you pay a small fee or something idk.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Well there could be house rules with this. I think if you argue/hate your first offence would be a warnig, 2nd would be banned for a week or so, and then the 3rd offence would be banned for life unless you pay a small fee or something idk.

How about if you break a rule (notice the forum rules include a rule like making others feel like rainbow) you will be banned forever.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Even if all of us who cause drama were banned, there are bound to be replacements for us to cause just as much drama.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#40 Kirby

Kirby

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft Nintendo

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

Even if all of us who cause drama were banned, there are bound to be replacements for us to cause just as much drama.

I just want the chat back because of what Villager said. It's funny doing stuff like spam battles. I also liked sending gifs to one another or funny videos or new and good fun stuff like that. We took all of that stuff for granted though. The reason why I want it back is because I think we could redeem our selves. We can do all the funny stuff I said and we could make this site a bit more exiting. The Chat room was my favorite thing to do here and when it was gone I was devastated. I am REALLY  desperate to get it back.

kirby_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!