• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Treyarch has posted a job listing for someone to "adapt graphics and other major systems in our engine to a new platform."

“bringing our hugely successful game to a new console.”

There is a big chanse that the new platform is WII U, but we are not sure yet. If i were to tell you that a new cod is coming to wii u (which i have no idea if it will or not), what would you think of that? And how could the controller be used?

#2 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

"Eww CoD", that's what I'd say.

Edited by NinjaShock, 05 October 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#3 TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

TSUKEMA_TSUKERU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

As much as I despise CoD, it'd be a system mover.
"This news fills my heart with rainbows!"

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:24 AM

Sweet, I love CoD. ^_^
I think it will make the Wii U sell even better, if their will be a new CoD on the WIi U.

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

I may get it, i only played one COD on the wii. But they really going to need to let Call of Duty rest for a while so they ccan make the next installment better and let the devs think of a way to make it better in a huge way.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

I may get it, i only played one COD on the wii. But they really going to need to let Call of Duty rest for a while so they ccan make the next installment better and let the devs think of a way to make it better in a huge way.

No, I don't think they will have to. It's like the iPhone. They release a new version every 9 months, with very little changes, and the thing sells like gangbusters.

And while I honestly don't give a care about CoD, it would be a system seller, especially if it's an exclusive.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

Of course COD is going to be on Wii U; Nintendo would pay the developers to do so the same way they got Capcom to make Monster Hunter exclusive. Not saying they did pay Capcom, but I would be surprised if that's how it went, and I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same to ensure a good western launch. And COD would make a dang good launch title, too, seeing how many people would buy it just to have the most superior version.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Meh, I guess it's cool that it might come to the WiiU but either way CoD has never really been a game I have to own.
I bought W@W to try it out but it didn't really seem much different then any other Shooter. As for how they would use the controller? I suppose they'd let you pick air raid targets with the touch screen, maybe you can scan for mines using the controller as some sort of visor. You could also use it as the sniper scope I suppose pushing it towards the TV to get closer and vice-versa.

The CoD series tends to have pretty good graphical fidelity so I'd guess it'd be a good game to use to show of the graphical prowess the WiiU is sure to have. Though I'll probably hold out for a game a bit more appealing to the eye, gray and brown can get very grating no matter what system it is on.

Edited by GaroIymar, 05 October 2011 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image

#9 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Either way I think it's pretty much a given that Call of Duty will come to the Wii U considering it was on the Gamecube, Wii and DS.

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

The CoD series tends to have pretty good graphical fidelity so I'd guess it'd be a good game to use to show of the graphical prowess the WiiU is sure to have. Though I'll probably hold out for a game a bit more appealing to the eye, gray and brown can get very grating no matter what system it is on.

Meh, it has decent graphics at the most.

Was there ever ANY doubt it would come to the Wii U? I mean, it's Cod, they port it EVERYWHERE!

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Meh, it has decent graphics at the most.

Was there ever ANY doubt it would come to the Wii U? I mean, it's Cod, they port it EVERYWHERE!

A straith port: No
A well made, graphical intense, new awesome wii u controller ideas and installements: Some doubt, thats why i started the topic. Some people even wonder if it could be a exclusive 0_o

Edited by abbe, 06 October 2011 - 12:30 PM.

#12 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

i would say awesome!!! make the wii u a platform with something for everyone (make it sell). However, my heart sinks when i think about shooters coming to the wii u because as great as it is, the problem of not clickable sliders hangs over my shoulder menacingly crushing my hopes. how can developers get on board with the awesome new console if they cant have a sprint button? :( no one wants to sprint using the touch screen so whats the solution? please someone prove me wrong!! and please nintendo, add clickable sliders/analogue sticks
Posted Image

#13 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Well the system is not going to be out for sometime now so there is a chance that the controller will have an those by the the time it comes out.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt the console. In fact, it would boost sales. That's just the reality of mainstream.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!