26 replies to this topic

#1 bobbyb9827

bobbyb9827

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hey!

So ever since the WiiU's launch i've always kind of wanted one. Now i've seen the price on some used ones slowly dip down into the $200s and was wondering if now is the time to bite? Is it worth it now? Could someone list some of the really good games available right now other than ones that have already been released on PS3. If I do end up picking one up I can't wait to join this community!

Thanks!

#2 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Dont buy a wii u right now abd here are the reasons
1. Most games dont have online multiplayer
2. No impressive games coming up
3. Almost all ps3 games ported to wii u lack online and dlc
4. Highly anticipated games like fifa 14, battlefield,GTA 5 are not coming to wii u
5. If you buy a digital game from eshop you cant transfer it to anthor console( even if you sold or lost you wii u)

Those are the dis advantges but i suggest you buy it if you love mario and zela

#3 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

yes! one reason! one reason only! 

WONDERFUL 101!!!!!!1!!!11!!!!!!ONE!1!!!!

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is the PERFECT time to buy. The software available is awesome. Pikmin 3, W101, rayman legends, splinter cell blacklist. There are good launch games also. The upcoming games are amazing 3dworld, cod ghost, batman AO, ACIV, and watchdogs. 50 dollars price cut great e-shop games and lozWWHD. PERFECT TIME... BUY BUY NOW!

#5 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

4. Highly anticipated games like fifa 14, battlefield,GTA 5 are not coming to wii u
5. If you buy a digital game from eshop you cant transfer it to anthor console( even if you sold or lost you wii u)

?

bb0.gif

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hey!

So ever since the WiiU's launch i've always kind of wanted one. Now i've seen the price on some used ones slowly dip down into the $200s and was wondering if now is the time to bite? Is it worth it now? Could someone list some of the really good games available right now other than ones that have already been released on PS3. If I do end up picking one up I can't wait to join this community!

Thanks!

The one person that said no doesn't have one yet.

I think you should definitely get a Wii U. By the time you're finished stuffing around with Miiverse and Zelda WW etc. all the big titles will be coming out.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

1. Multiplayer doesn't make or break a game... 

2. Super Mario 3D World, SSB4, Monoloth Soft X, Sonic Lost World, Casual games, Bayonetta 2 all coming up (Excluding third parties)

3. What's your point? Because some games were ported makes the console worse than it is?

4. Fifa 14 is actually a worse version of Fifa 13, it has MISSING FEATURES! Also Fifa 14 + Battlefield is made by EA, EA sucks. And GTA V isn't on the PS4, Xbox One or PC either. 

5.  You can, just call Nintendo up and they can sort it for you.

How can you trust someone who can't spell Zelda?

Anyway, I'd say if you have money to burn, buy one, a few games already out for it and even more coming the next few months. It's probably not going to go any cheaper for another year now and since it's not selling much, shops will be doing deals on it. 

Edited by Chrop, 12 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I personally would wait till Christmas but that's just me.

#9 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

No offense to you but this is probably the most stupid comment I have seen in weeks.

1. Quite a lot of games do offer the online multiplayer, in fact at least 70% of game feature it. The only ones that don't include it, chances are the multiplayer modes weren't going to be good anyway.

2. Like other people have said, if you can't be excited by games such as X, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Zelda U, Smash Bro.s, Mario Kart 8.....than you are just far too picky and have a most likely have a terrible taste in games.

3. Yes there are a lot of ports than are available on the PS3, however many of them have had more effort put into them with PC assets being added to the game to give it that extra graphical umph. Having little DLC support is dissapointing however the only game that I wish recieved DLC was Black Op's 2, the rest of the DLC available on other WiiU titles seems hardly worth a look.

4.Hardly anyone gives a carp about Fifa 14 considering practically nothing has changed from the past series. GTAV is a good game but has a very over rated reputation in my opinion, do you see GTAV coming to PC....or Xbox One...or PS4.....are those platforms doomed too? Battlefield does look like fun but if your so desperate to get just one game than buy another console

5. I guess this last point is kinda valid, but I wouldn't imagine Nintendo would leave it like this for long.

It's a shame that Nintendo consoles have been shunned so badly, people have no idea about the fun there missing out on. If you are the type of person that lives purely off third party titles than you should go with PS4/X1/PC just so you don't need to complain about one small feature from the WiiU version being missing. If you have enjoy games Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Kirby or any other Nintendo game for that matter than now is always a good time to invest in a WiiU (especially with the price drop).

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

again, who is your writer? You have a future in comedy writing, I am sure a TV show like Conan's or Jimmy Kimmel could use your talent.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

I think the Wiiu will have enough games by December but as of right now I think there's just around hand full of good games like wind waker,pikmin 3,Lego city(not my cup of tea), need for speed, monster hunter, and there's more but I feel the rest are either better on last gen consoles or just are a mix bag like ZombiU. By December there should be Mario, Sonic, and a couple of 3rd party games which look to improve from the last gen like dues ex and Watch Dogs.

I think the Wiiu will have enough games by December but as of right now I think there's just around hand full of good games like wind waker,pikmin 3,Lego city(not my cup of tea), need for speed, monster hunter, and there's more but I feel the rest are either better on last gen consoles or just are a mix bag like ZombiU. By December there should be Mario, Sonic, and a couple of 3rd party games which look to improve from the last gen like dues ex and Watch Dogs.

#12 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Even though I'm not thrilled with my wii u purchase I would encourage buying one. I simply grew tired of shooters and the annual rehash of games each year on my 360. I find the wii u, as much as there is a lack of titles, a break from the monotony.

#13 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

I just bought another Wii U on Friday and only have Wind Waker HD at the moment but have ordered Lego City, Pikmin 3 and Mario Bros U from eBay for less than £45 for all 3.

Only playing exclusives on my Wii U and I'm getting a PS4 next month for everything else.

Getting Mario Land 3D and the new Sonic game at Christmas, Donkey Kong & Mario Kart in the new year. Beyond that, who knows?

But yeah, good time to get a Wii U. You can play some older titles until Mario World etc come out in a few weeks & they can be bought on the cheap

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'd say go for it, but with Nintendo's online infrastructure I recommend you don't buy the digital version if games if possible. Nintendo hardware is very reliable, but not being able to transfer to a new console easily makes me nervous.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Sachmach29

Sachmach29

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

God dammit buy it now man. With Super Mario 3D World, Sonic Lost World, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros 4, and an eventual Zelda U now is the time! They have great Virual Console and some not bad eshop games! And if you 3DS the linked accounts are on the horizon and Nintendo will be unstoppable. They already have New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Wind Waker HD, Scribblenauts, Pikmin, and ZombiU. They have Legend of Zelda, Earthbound, Super Mario World, Mario 2, and Cloudberry Kingdom. Wii U Chat, Miiverse, WaraWara Plaza, and still dedication to the Wii with a Wii Menu app! The Wii U will eventually be kickass and its start will be Christmas. Now is the perfect time. Say no to PS4 and Xbone! WIIIIIII U!
Hey I'm a huge mario, Zelda, and smash bros junkie, have a Wii U and 3DS and I can't upload some sweet box art concept for super smash bros :(

#16 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

guys  i  returned wii u and decided to get ps4

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Oh well have fun.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:49 AM

Whilst I agree with the majority here in that the Wii U is certainly worth getting if I could only afford one console it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. If you can only afford one then a PS4 or Xbox One would be a better choice in the long run. The only reason to buy a Wii U is for the awesome first party games.

As for the FIFA 14 comments I think people seem to be confused. Yes the Wii, PS2 and Vita versions are the same as last years but with updated rosters only. In fact last years was the same as the year before so essentially its a two year old game. That said the 360, PS3, PC and next generation versions are all brand new with the next generation even using the new Ignite Engine. However all that is a mute point as its not even being released on the Wii U.

#19 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

guys  i  returned wii u and decided to get ps4

Finally. Now you can stop spamming the forum.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Finally. Now you can stop spamming the forum.

conana_approves.gif

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!