26 replies to this topic

#21 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

If your concern is that you might find a cheaper WiiU later on, I think now is a good time to buy. If your concern is that you might enjoy the games that will come out for the PS4 in the (far?) future and you will lose money when selling your WiiU to get a PS4 instead, well... I can't really be of much help, just think it through and make up your mind. Personally, I'm quite sure the exclusives on the WiiU are the ones I'll enjoy the most, but if the install base of the WiiU continues to be small, you should be aware that some multiplats might skip it.

#22 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

I was going to wait a little longer for my Wii U purshase but since my Wii doesn't read discs anymore, I decided to buy the Windwaker bundle...

And I'm very happy with it! The only thing I didn't like is that you have to update the console which can take more than an hour. After that, you have to download the game... which can take even more!!!

But I'm very happy with it! truly an amazing console.

#23 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

BTW Fry's is offering a Wii U deluxe with a $50 gift card to those interested? 

Link:

http://www.frys.com/ads/page35

#24 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Get now.  I got mine in April and have no regrets whatsoever.  I have 19 retail titles and there's at least about 10 more that I want in upcoming releases.  Sonic, Wii U party, Donkey Kong, Mario 3d, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics, X, Bayonetta, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8- probably a few more that escape me now.

#25 JaYasha

JaYasha

Goomba

• Validating
  • 8 posts
  • NNID:JaYasha
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Dont buy a wii u right now abd here are the reasons
1. Most games dont have online multiplayer
2. No impressive games coming up
3. Almost all ps3 games ported to wii u lack online and dlc
4. Highly anticipated games like fifa 14, battlefield,GTA 5 are not coming to wii u
5. If you buy a digital game from eshop you cant transfer it to anthor console( even if you sold or lost you wii u)

Those are the dis advantges but i suggest you buy it if you love mario and zela

How does one... lose a WiiU?

"A great man is he who has not lost the heart of a child." -Mencius

#26 Thrash13

Thrash13

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Donkey Kong

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I'm not a Wii U owner either, but after a lot of recent research the past month or two, I've decided to skip the XBox One and PS4 for now and get a Wii U.  I just sat down and made a wishlist of games I want, and the Wii U list had more on it.  That made my decision much easier.  There are already a handful of games I want in the next 6-12 months (DKC:TF, Mario Kart 8, 3D World, etc.), and I'm sure Nintendo will announce plenty more for late-2014 and beyond.  I've always been a Nintendo guy, so the decision wasn't too tough when I started thinking about it.  I might get an XBox One or PS4 down the road, but the Wii U is going to give me a good 2-3 years at the very least.  I think the future is very bright for the console.

#27 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

guys  i  returned wii u and decided to get ps4

does that mean you'll stop posting?

Games of The Moment