• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

imagine this: After a millennia of peace, the Hyrulian empire has spread far and wide into the cosmos. Magic and technology go hand in hand (like Star Wars). It'd be like Wind Waker but with planets instead of islands, and it'll have the Mario Galaxy physics engine.

And while I'm at it, what about an in-between version that's kind of like a futuristic landscape, with hoverbikes and floating cities?

I'm just throwing out something I've been thinking about, but haven't really been able to flesh out.

It'd be a big departure from all other Zeldas, but that land has been in the bronze age for a very very very long time.

Thoughts?

Edited by grahamf, 13 October 2013 - 12:17 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

The words "futuristic" and "Zelda" just don't match very well in my opinion. That's like combining science fiction with fantasy.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

The words "futuristic" and "Zelda" just don't match very well in my opinion. That's like combining science fiction with fantasy.

Technically the two are the same, except science fiction makes up excuses to justify itself. Take the staples of science fiction: antigravity, teleports, FTL drives, etc. these have all been explained into detail by some one  or another, but in reality we can't even guess as to how to make a real one.

I think it could possibly meld together nicely, and it would be a departure that would make the story interesting. Like would the Hyrulian bloodline still rule? or would Zelda be the prime minister? How would the Master Sword hold up to a machine gun? How would you find the shards of the triforce if they were floating in the dead of space, or are at the center of a star?

And I want to see Link in a proper motorcycle outfit (green, of course).

Edited by grahamf, 13 October 2013 - 12:32 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

Technically the two are the same, except science fiction makes up excuses to justify itself. Take the staples of science fiction: antigravity, teleports, FTL drives, etc. these have all been explained into detail by some one  or another, but in reality we can't even guess as to how to make a real one.

That's not the only reason each of them is a separate genre. Fantasy if from the distant past and there is much more emphasis on nature and magic. Science fiction is all about the future and everything is scientifically explained (even though it's fake). The whole futuristic concept just doesn't appeal to me but that's just me - I don't like StarWars and co. either. For the same reason I'm not really in love with StarFox and Metroid.

Edited by TriplePower, 13 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#5 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's still perspective. You can argue that magic is comprised of forgotten machines, such as nanotechnology or hidden tech. That's the basis of one of the fantasy books I'm reading, where all magic-like events were created by microscopic machines that make up everything (as opposed to solid matter or cells)

And how do you categorize steampunk?

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:07 AM

I think Zelda should keep the current setting, but have those time traveller orb thingos from SS (not sure if they're in other games) take you to a rocket ship or something. I think that would be a really good way to tie it all together.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

Or we could just, like, get a new Metroid and leave Zelda out of it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Mocha Bear

Mocha Bear

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Persona, Spiderman, Sonic

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

It would be too much of a departure from where the series is usually set. Besides if they're going to do any sci-fi games they better be Metroid titles. Though a Zelda styled sci-fi adventure game is something that would be interesting to see. 

- You're so money and you don't even know it!

- D-Dude, don't get me wrong, okay? It's just guy love, right? Between two guys?

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I think someone on the Zelda team said they wanted to try something different, which isn't immediately recognizable as Zelda but feels like Zelda.

#10 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

imagine this: After a millennia of peace, the Hyrulian empire has spread far and wide into the cosmos. Magic and technology go hand in hand (like Star Wars). It'd be like Wind Waker but with planets instead of islands, and it'll have the Mario Galaxy physics engine.

And while I'm at it, what about an in-between version that's kind of like a futuristic landscape, with hoverbikes and floating cities?

I'm just throwing out something I've been thinking about, but haven't really been able to flesh out.

It'd be a big departure from all other Zeldas, but that land has been in the bronze age for a very very very long time.

Thoughts?

The sad thing about such an idea is that is what is eroding Nintendo. .. rehashing an existing franchise instead of taKing your rather fun idea into a new franchise.

Space Zelda would be a horrible sellout.

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

http://kotaku.com/th...angi-1445001915

That being said: it doesn't have to be a Zelda game. it would just be fun if it had the feel and pattern of a Zelda game, but placed in a completely different enviroment.

And I honestly think a space Zelda could feel a lot like Wind Waker.

that being said, it might be possible to have a space-like environment without really breaking away from the Zelda setting. Skyword Sword raised the land above the clouds, so maybe the goddesses could choose to break apart the planet. Or maybe Link can travel to some sort of spirit plane that consists of floating blobs of land in a void envroment, kind of like half-life's Xen. It'd allow for Mario galaxy like physics without completely breaking away from the Zelda environment.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

Not to troll too hard, since I've also had ideas about the potentials of a futuristic Zelda, but Darksiders has it covered.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Which would make it exactly like...

HE-MAN!!!

YES!!!!!!!

Pince Linkam would be confronted with the capture of Zelda and have to become HE-HYRULIAN! and battle the evil forces of Skeledorf using the Master Sword (MASTERs of the universe... sword... get it?)

And Linkam would be acquriing both spell based and science based equipment.  It would be awesome.

Or.... nevermind...

Maybe they should just make a game where link fights voltron and be done with it

Edited by Socalmuscle, 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!