#1 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

So how do you guys think the 3DS will connect to the Cafe? I don't mean hardware wise, of course, but what do you think you'll be able to do with the connectivity?

Here are a few of my theories:

1) Controller

This has been speculated to be possible for awhile. I think that it might be possible, but only for a few select games and Virtual Console. There are a few problems with having full controller support - Rumored two analog sticks, 2 bumpers, larger and higher-res screen... It's virtually impossible. But if you look at a pre-gamecube controller... There should be no problem playing those with your 3DS.

Also, we might be able to use the 3DS for some more touch-based games. A 'Cafe' series, similar to the 'Wii' series, maybe. The chances Nintendo would do this are higher, as Nintendo would definitely want a way for people to not have to buy more controllers. And what better way then to get people to bring their 3DS?

Another thing, if the 3DS is a compatible controller, then we might be able to find out something about the cafe controller... Look at the back of your 3DS right now! What do you see? An IR port? Could this be how Nintendo implements pointer controls into the Cafe? It ha been rumored to double as a sensor bar... So it makes sense.

2) StreetPass

Now I'm not suggesting that we go and carry our Cafe's to the local Bar, that would be silly. Tim Horton's? Maybe. What's Tim Horton's? Canadian Coffee shop. Good place...

On topic, one cool thing that I would like to see in the Cafe-3DS connectivity is Street Pass support. Think about it- You go all day about your business playing on your 3DS... When BAM! You got a streetpass. You quickly open up your 3D gaming device and get a new puzzle piece, go play some Mii Quest... 30 seconds later, you're stalking your next streetpasser back on your way home. When you get home you place your 3DS near your Nintendo Console... And your new streetpass friend gets a seat in your Cafe. What did he bring along? A Smash Bros. Sticker? A Harvest Moon visitor? A competing Dynasty Warrior? The possibilities are equal to the amount on 3DS!

This could also link in to a new sort of account system... You can link one or two 3DS' to your Cafe (The account, not the console) and whenever those 3DS devices are near, it finds out all the new streetpass data.

This might be wishful thinking, but I could see Nintendo doing it :P

3) Game Connectivity

This one's a given... Who isn't going to want to play Pokemon against their friends 3DS', or travel to their friend's Animal Crossing Cafe's town? It's happened since the gamecube, and it isn't going to stop. And I don't want it to :P

Well, those are just some of my theories. Does anyone else have any ideas?

(Also, sorry if the above is a bit jumbled... I got distracted by someone halfway through writing, so I had to re-find my train of thought >.<)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#2 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'm thinking transferring your miis to the system. They have to make something more interesting though, so people will actually bother to use the connectivity.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#3 CaptainFalco311

CaptainFalco311

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound/Mother, Metroid, Zelda

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

Syncing friends from the 3DS to the Cafe, maybe?

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

2) StreetPass

Now I'm not suggesting that we go and carry our Cafe's to the local Bar, that would be silly. Tim Horton's? Maybe. What's Tim Horton's? Canadian Coffee shop. Good place...

On topic, one cool thing that I would like to see in the Cafe-3DS connectivity is Street Pass support. Think about it- You go all day about your business playing on your 3DS... When BAM! You got a streetpass. You quickly open up your 3D gaming device and get a new puzzle piece, go play some Mii Quest... 30 seconds later, you're stalking your next streetpasser back on your way home. When you get home you place your 3DS near your Nintendo Console... And your new streetpass friend gets a seat in your Cafe. What did he bring along? A Smash Bros. Sticker? A Harvest Moon visitor? A competing Dynasty Warrior? The possibilities are equal to the amount on 3DS!

This could also link in to a new sort of account system... You can link one or two 3DS' to your Cafe (The account, not the console) and whenever those 3DS devices are near, it finds out all the new streetpass data.

This might be wishful thinking, but I could see Nintendo doing it :P

I'd love this, with the addition that having your 3DS asleep near your wii2 while it's online and a friend on your list doing the same gets your a streetpass from them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

I hope that they allow for games from 3DS to be played on TV's only so that Lets plays can be done easier

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 Ostro

Ostro

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dreamcast, Shmups

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

There are loads of possibilites for a connection if they get the online/street pass right this time.
They probably have lots of plans of which a big part will be canned due to time/costs/the industry developing differently to what they thought.
I'm hoping for 2.) of Wertville's thoughts but way bigger. Something like the 3DS becomes your portable Café. You can't play the Café games but it serves as an online-everywhere-device, just like people do with their lives and facebook on phones :P

But I honestly fear Nintendo won't get a great online network going that spreads over both platforms because they're all about security and family/close friends. (going the way of Microsoft and Sony isn't great either considering all the hacking news ..)

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

There are loads of possibilites for a connection if they get the online/street pass right this time.
They probably have lots of plans of which a big part will be canned due to time/costs/the industry developing differently to what they thought.
I'm hoping for 2.) of Wertville's thoughts but way bigger. Something like the 3DS becomes your portable Café. You can't play the Café games but it serves as an online-everywhere-device, just like people do with their lives and facebook on phones :P

But I honestly fear Nintendo won't get a great online network going that spreads over both platforms because they're all about security and family/close friends. (going the way of Microsoft and Sony isn't great either considering all the hacking news ..)

Well seeing as streetpass is basically 'Online with anyone you pass on the street', which is way worse than kids playing games with adults, I think Nintendo has dropped at least some of their Family-Friends only ideology :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 Ostro

Ostro

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dreamcast, Shmups

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Good point :P
I don't know much about StreetPass .. does it exchange more than just in-game elements? Are you able to add people as "friend" you met on the streets?

#9 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

No, but it does exchange your 3DS' main Mii and their name, a few questions you can choose in options and the game you've played most recently.

Thing is, once you've met them for the first few times you can exchange short messages... And I think a FC could fit into that :s
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#10 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

Thing is, once you've met them for the first few times you can exchange short messages... And I think a FC could fit into that :s

A friend code would indeed fit into the 16-character space beautifully. You can start exchanging personal messages after the second meeting.

The idea of getting StreetPass working between the 3DS and the Wii 2 is genius. I would honestly love it if that happened.

#11 Dumpling Rose

Dumpling Rose

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anime!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

Read This.
NAW,STREETPASSS IS STUPID. IT GONNA USE SPOTPASS DUMBHEAD. Lol! Cool, if Nintendo is going to enable that feature. Maybe since if it's going to have Miis in it. Then WiiU Streetpass hits will count for the 3DS! Cool. If the 3DS has a system update before that. :P That means you will probably have to hold the controller and walk out with it turn earn streetpass. I want to hear more about it...
You have Just wasted 3 seconds of your life.</p>

#12 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

f they actually do put it in, than I will say it will be like the 3DS version.
Posted Image

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

It's a home console, so I don't think that Nintendo would expect you to take the controller out with you. It needs the console to work, so other than for Streetpasses, it would be useless when you're out in the house. To be honest, I wouldn't bother taking the controller out with me if that was the case. I think that there could be 3DS and Wii U connectivity though, so that when you've collected some Miis on your 3DS Streetpass Plaza, they will head over to your Wii U. The 3DS could also store some game data from the Wii U, although I don't see that happening.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...ualtion-thread/

Theory #2. If StreetPass doesn't work like that, I'll be surprised.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Oni-Link

Oni-Link

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Fandom:
    Phantasy star,Kingdom hearts,pokemon,Loz

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

I Hope theres some Way for the 3DS to Connect with the WiiU,StreetPass Spotpass Whichever.And In Gameplay Too,Like what they did with the Gamcube and the Gameboy Advance.

Edited by Oni-Link, 23 June 2011 - 11:08 AM.

Posted Image

#16 SonofMrPeanut

SonofMrPeanut

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

If StreetPass works with the Wii U, it would receive all the same basic content the 3DS would plus that of games StP would be compatible with. The Wii U would also certainly introduce content via SpotPass (SpP) that could be spread via StP.

Obviously it wouldn't work "just like" the 3DS, since no one will want to carry around the Wii U controller no matter how light it is (it's still big, even for a messenger bag). Certain games will also be exclusive to the 3DS but could be introduced through the Wii U.

Maybe coins could also play a role in certain Wii U games. That might encourage them to increase the cap amount that could be earned in one day.

Edited by SonofMrPeanut, 18 June 2011 - 03:54 PM.

"Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins." - Ricardo Montalban, Freakazoid!

Posted Image

#17 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:00 PM

It be cool if the wiiU let you do additional things with the 3DS and streetpass, but I hope that the WiiU brings a whole other level of friend-code-less connectivity.

#18 Jubies

Jubies

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

http://nintendo3dsbl...he-nintendo-3ds

DAVID CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. YEZ.

#19 juanpa899

juanpa899

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    EVERYTHING!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

I think the Wii U will connect with the 3ds, and it will exchange that data through regular streetpass, and when you come back, you'll get the Wii U data from other people who did that, and it will transfer back to the Wii U.

I know this is confusing

#20 lite3

lite3

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:54 AM

Im guessing inter-connectivity between the wii u and the 3ds, like sharing new content between the new system. Possibly being able for games to stream from the 3ds to the controller and possibly the TV itself. I'm just speculating here but that would be pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!