• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#21 mariosunshinerules22

mariosunshinerules22

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

Definitely a controller. Like maybe with a game similar to Luigi's Mansion, it can be an interactive Gameboy Horror

#22 xXSuperNintendoXx

xXSuperNintendoXx

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Okami,

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

Yeah they probably will include Mii Transferring, Friend transferring so you don't need to add them on both consoles would be nice. Maybe you can get some extra content on games on boths ystem by connecting them to the other system?

#23 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

I'd be all in for that :(

I really hope Nintendo has similar ideas as we fans do...

#24 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

It would be great to go outside with your 3DS collect information from other 3DSs and then give it to your Wii U. Or if you could walk, earn some play coins and spend them in Wii U games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#25 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

I have a bad feeling about the 3DS connectivity for some reason.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#26 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

It would be great to go outside with your 3DS collect information from other 3DSs and then give it to your Wii U. Or if you could walk, earn some play coins and spend them in Wii U games.

If this would happen, I'd finally have some use for my play coins :(

#27 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:03 PM

If this would happen, I'd finally have some use for my play coins :D

Come my play coins. COME ALIVE!!! ;)
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#28 Nintendofanboy53

Nintendofanboy53

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

I dont really see much in the street pass but good idea

#29 Nedcone

Nedcone

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

How would it?

#30 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

From the Dragon Quest X conference:

14:46: Next Hori announces a bit of possible 3DS compatibility. They're thinking about something where you can transfer your character to your 3DS for Spot Pass transfers with other players.

If this is possible... Does that mean that Nintendo could potentially use my idea of 3DS - Wii U syncing for streetpass? Here's hoping :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#31 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Maybe if the 3DS connects to Wii U the Mii's it takes from the Wii U could have special colored pants. I also think that the system could work like a GBA, but not to display info, to be used in terms of getting bonues from having a 3DS game. I remember doing this with games like Metriod Prime and Metroid Fusion (linking them together).

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#32 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

They better use it more often than the DS to Wii.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#33 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:49 AM

It will probably be like the 3DS. Too bad you can't take it with you because it's a home console. I hope this will be used in many games for the Wii U.
Posted Image

#34 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

I've just had a thought relating to the 3DS' second circle pad. With the addition of the second circle pad, and the second L/R buttons, the 3DS will have all the necessary buttons to be used as a Wii U controller. When I first heard the rumours about the 3DS being used as a controller, I was doubtful as it was lacking some of the necessary buttons, but with the new add-on, that will no longer be an issue.

#35 Tropix

Tropix

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough room to say...

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Syncing friends from the 3DS to the Cafe, maybe?

That would be nice.

Jesus is Lord.

#36 XDLugia

XDLugia

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, F-Zero, Metroid

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

No. Streetpass is as you can hear "streetpassing". The Wii U is a home console and will not be carried on the street. Anyway if you can use the 3DS for that and then send it to the Wii U, it will be a flop because too few people will use it, just like the GCN-GBA thing... It's a waste of development and money.

I R 1337

#37 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

No. Streetpass is as you can hear "streetpassing". The Wii U is a home console and will not be carried on the street. Anyway if you can use the 3DS for that and then send it to the Wii U, it will be a flop because too few people will use it, just like the GCN-GBA thing... It's a waste of development and money.

GBA-GCN was very different; There was a relatively expensive cable required to use them together. If this happens automatically, especially if it works with default 3DS hardware in some way, then there's no reason to think that people wouldn't send their passes to the Wii U.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#38 XDLugia

XDLugia

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, F-Zero, Metroid

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

GBA-GCN was very different; There was a relatively expensive cable required to use them together. If this happens automatically, especially if it works with default 3DS hardware in some way, then there's no reason to think that people wouldn't send their passes to the Wii U.

That's not what I meant. I mean that too few people would use that function, just like how little who made use of the GCN-GBA thingy

I R 1337

#39 Hyawatta

Hyawatta

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    Akuma, Vegita, Sesshomaru, Starscream

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

StreetPass With Other 3DS Systems Through the Wii U Console, With No Local Contact

I think that the Wii U will allow you to effectively StreetPass your 3DS data with your friends without having to actually be physically near them.
  • Your Wii U console will download your 3DS StreetPass data.
  • Then Your Wii U console will upload your 3DS StreetPass data to your friends Wii U consoles.
  • Your friends’ Wii U consoles will download their 3DS StreetPass data.
  • Then your friends’ Wii U consoles will upload their 3DS StreetPass Data to your Wii U console.
  • Your Wii U console will then upload the StreetPass data that it downloaded from your friends’ Wii U’s to your 3DS system.
  • Your friends’ Wii U consoles will then upload the 3DS StreetPass data that they downloaded from your Wii U console to their 3DS systems.

Thus, you will be able to StreetPass with them without being physically near them by doing it through the Wii U console.

Edited by Hyawatta, 27 October 2011 - 09:55 AM.

Perfection Requires Eternity, therefore never be disappointed unless you lack the discipline to strive for it.

#40 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

3DS and Wii U connectivity has been confirmed, right?

Hmmmm... Maybe you could 'tether' your 3DS' StreetPass Mii Plaza to the Wii U, and use the Wii U to play different StreetPass games that you can't on the 3DS?

StreetPass With Other 3DS Systems Through the Wii U Console, With No Local Contact

I think that the Wii U will allow you to effectively StreetPass your 3DS data with your friends without having to actually be physically near them.

• Your Wii U console will download your 3DS StreetPass data.
  • Then Your Wii U console will upload your 3DS StreetPass data to your friends Wii U consoles.
  • Your friends’ Wii U consoles will download their 3DS StreetPass data.
  • Then your friends’ Wii U consoles will upload their 3DS StreetPass Data to your Wii U console.
  • Your Wii U console will then upload the StreetPass data that it downloaded from your friends’ Wii U’s to your 3DS system.
  • Your friends’ Wii U consoles will then upload the 3DS StreetPass data that they downloaded from your Wii U console to their 3DS systems.

Thus, you will be able to StreetPass with them without being physically near them by doing it through the Wii U console.

I think that takes away from the 'feel' of StreetPass. I get excited about seeing that beautiful green LED because I know that I've passed a fellow 3DS owner I don't even know, but have made a connection. Knowing that I've made a mark on an unknown's 3DS feels cool, and gives a sense of community.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!