• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I just bought Mass Effect 3 online from a reputable retailer. It was purchased as 'New' but when it arrived it wasn't shrink-wrapped and the case itself looked less than pristine. The condition is actually what I'd expect from a pre-owned game although there is a seal sticker holding the game shut. 

I've emailed their customer services to query this but thought I'd put this out there in case this isn't exceptional. Shouldn't all new games be shrink-wrapped if they are genuinely new? 

#2 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

when I went to the states a couple of summers ago I went to gamestop and wanted to buy resident evil 0 wii edition. i found it and the box was in used condition but the sticker on it said new for $30. 

#3 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

new game should be shrink-wrapped

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, all new games should be shrink wrapped. I've bought a "new" 3DS game from GameStop once. The case had a sticker holding the box shut with no shrink wrap, and it had save data on it. Luckily the Club Nintendo code was still unused and I was able to delete the data, so I really didn't bother about returning it or complaining.

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nothing beats pulling plastic wrap off a brand new game and sucking in that sweet new game smell.

what a shame tho :(

794144.png?13383682

#6 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone! 

I did contact their customer services who just gave me an almost copy/paste reply about their games being sealed and how to request a refund. I'll pop into my local store this weekend and get my money back.. 

Edit: Also just found the game for sale on ShopTo for £13.85 so have ordered that and I'll return the copy I bought from GAME. Hopefully will be able to report a happy ending to this later this week! :)

Good news in the end. My ShopTo order arrived today giving me a nice, brand new and shrinkwrapped edition of Mass Effect 3. I also picked up Need For Speed: Most Wanted as that was on offer too for £15.85 and which came the same day. So these two plus Deus Ex: Directors Cut which arrived yesterday gives me more gaming than I have time for. 

Now just need to get my refund for the naff copy I got from GAME :) 

Edited by Sargiel, 23 October 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#7 Dr Wario

Dr Wario

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Which store was it?  Gamestop is notorious for re-wrapping opened games and passing them off as new.  In fact, most stores have a shrink-wrapping machine in the back.  I've stopped buying games from them a long time ago.

Edited by Dr Wario, 25 October 2013 - 06:31 PM.

undOZ4c.png

#8 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Let us know what you think to Mass effect 3 as I have never played any of them.
Your New games list will keep ya going, however Im sure many gamers (me included) buy games and will never get round to even playing them let alone complete them.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#9 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Which store was it?  Gamestop is notorious for re-wrapping opened games and passing them off as new.  In fact, most stores have a shrink-wrapping machine in the back.  I've stopped buying games from them a long time ago.

I was being a bit coy initially but did admit later it was GAME (game.co.uk) who operate online and on the highstreet. I actually quite like the store so was surprised with my bad online experience. 

Luckily someone had replied to me in the Deus Ex:HR thread and recommended ShopTo for my pre-order so switched over Deus Ex and the other purchases to them and had a good experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!