Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

If it was just a "port" I would have agreed with you.

"Remaster" would be a better term.

Although it's still not much better than a straight-up port. At least not when they're releasing one for full-price, while other companies are releasing multiple remasters in one package for less money. Just look at Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX contained KH and KH:Re:Chain of Memories, HD remastered like WWHD AND with a fully redone OST... For $40.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#22 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

That's precisely what it is. There is hardly any new content to justify a purchase. Swing it any way you want, but it's the cold hard truth. This is why Sony and Microsoft fanboys laugh at Nintendo gamers.

Says it all, I really don't care what a fanboy think.

And no it's not just a port. They upgraded other things too. But if you want to call it just a port, go ahead.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#23 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Says it all, I really don't care what a fanboy think.

And no it's not just a port. They upgraded other things too. But if you want to call it just a port, go ahead.

I don't care what fanboys think either. However, I am smart enough to know when a company is trying to rip me off. (Microsoft being big on ripping me off) Like I said, it's a port, or a "remaster" as Envy put it. Shinier graphics and tiny enhancements that don't change anything gameplay wise don't justify $50, sorry. I can see if you've never played the game before, but that hardly changes anything.

For an actual TRUE remake that wasn't just fancier graphics and was worth every penny when released, look no further than the Resident Evil remake. That is a genuine remake. Unfortunately, remakes these days are straight ports in "HD" or other minor enhancements. If Wind Waker HD were an actual remake and tried new things, then I probably would've picked it up. But as it stands now, my Gamecube copy works just as good and gives me the same experience.

Edited by Gaymer, 24 October 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#24 itogi

itogi

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • NNID:Shiranko
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Okami & SSB

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:35 AM

Please let this be a rumor as much I like N64 and there game, I am getting tired seeing remake of games that will come in HD. All they do is milk a game and they hype it up. 

Edited by itogi, 24 October 2013 - 06:39 AM.

5R5PY4h.jpg

#25 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

I'd pay $20 for each, max.

Also, I talked about this a while ago. I'd love for this to happen, especially they ran on newer engines (super mario 3D world's engine for SM64,)

794144.png?13383682

#26 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

This is the worst idea ever. Hearing this kind of stuff is what makes me dislike my Wii U. The idea that any effort could be put into such nonsense is concerning.

We need games like X, W101, Bayonetta 2.

Be original Nintendo!

#27 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

I'm 100% sure it's fake anyway.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#28 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I came'd 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#29 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

I came'd 

baby-wipes-uses.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#30 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

Wii U is a great system for remakes it seems

I'm sour when it comes to more remakes but I'd forgive them if they made star fox adventures.  I loved that game and my gamecube disc recently broke :(

#31 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

That's precisely what it is. There is hardly any new content to justify a purchase. Swing it any way you want, but it's the cold hard truth. This is why Sony and Microsoft fanboys laugh at Nintendo gamers.

Even if it is a port, it's a port of a game that many (including myself) never had a chance to play. I can't vouch for the upgrades, as I never played the original, but I can say it was worth the $50 for me.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#32 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have it on the Wii VC. I never got far though...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#33 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

More remakes, yay!
$30 is too much, try 10.

$30 too much? A ton better than how much Wind Waker HD is

Also topic at hand, I believe the rumor is fake, it's 

1. Too good to be true (2 player online co-op on Super Mario 64? Please!)

2. Too detailed to be true, Bearly any Nintendo first party games ever get leaked, and to have one with this much information but yet some stuff still hidden? Seems something that someone would make up. 

Not getting my hopes up At All.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#34 Paul Gale Network

Paul Gale Network

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thank you for sharing this story and for stating that it is in fact a rumor, for that's what I labeled it as.  If I do receive more concrete information, I will definitely share it...and that goes for both it being proven true or false.

I personally hope it is the real deal, because it'd be a smart move for Nintendo to make in my opinion.  If smaller teams could focus on several month long titles to pump out that are awesome, in between the more grand 2-4 year development games for Wii U, then why not?

We'll see how this paves out and hope for the best in the time being.  Thanks again.

- Paul Gale Network

#35 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Wii Un-imagined

#36 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

Please no. I think the remakes of Super Mario 64, Zelda OOT, and Star Fox 64 were enough. I'd rather have more GameCube remakes like F-Zero with online support. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#37 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

If true I'm all in. Having an absolute blast with WwHD and couldn't possibly go back to the original version after playing the remake.

#38 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

I wish Nintendo would stop playing puss and start making phenominal 3D remakes of Earthbound, Ice Climber, Advance Wars etc.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#39 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

By the way, about DK64, if it is remade, I just hope that they can use the Kremlings. I believe that the Kremlings are Rare's chars and not Nintendo's. That's why (I believe) that DKCR and DKCTF won't be using them.

Nintendo owns the Kremlings; that's why they were in the Mario Stikers games, Brawl, and Mario Super Sluggers.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#40 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Rare don't own the Kremlings.

Nintendo kept all the characters made in an already established Nintendo franchises and Rare kept all the characters which were not directly related to Nintendo. Kremlings appeared in DK Barrel blast, Mario Strikers and K. Rool is a trophy in Melee and Brawl.

Retro just decided they didnt want to use the Kremlings.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't know, seriously. I never played DK Barrel Blast, Mario Strikers and never really played the fighting games (I don't like fighting games, don't blame me) so I couldn't really know.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!