26 replies to this topic

#1 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

If so what were your thoughts?

I played the first 2 on my xbox and have the 2nd on the wii u but have not played much. (not a fan of the sound out of the gamepad)  Is it just more of the same or is there anything new or special to this one?

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

It's pretty much more of the same. There's a couple new gadgets/new storyline/better detective mode, but it's...okay.

I somewhat expected this as it isn't made by Rocksteady. it's got some glitches, it's not quite as refined as the first two. There are way better boss fights, though.

Should you spend $60 on it? Only if you really, really liked the first two and want more. Otherwise, I'd just suggest waiting for a $10-20 price cut.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Lots of people ask this on miiverse. Everyone seems to love it, and say it's better on wii u.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

I bought it but I haven't it even played tho, might post my thoughts later.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Wii U port seems to be best minus the multiplayer which everyone says that sucks.

Signature_DK.png

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I'm planing on getting during the holidays when I actually have time to play video games. Apparently it is the definitive console version. 

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Waiting for it to appear in the bargain bin for 50p

#8 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

I got it day one on the Wii U and I like.  I had the first two on my ps3 and thought about getting the amored edition just to support games on my wii but didn't.  Tbh though minus the online multiplayer I had heard wasn't all that great the Wii U version is really the best version next to pc, $10 cheaper, all the dlc, no screen taring that I heard is in the 360 and ps3 vers, map on gamepad,  and gamepad only play.  If you are a fan like me of the arkham series it is worth it on Wii U buy it.  There is less interaction using the gamepad unlike Arkham City AE though so if you liked those features  they are not there but the game is still very playable without it.

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Just started the game and it's fun very similar to city but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Gonna wait until a Game of the Year Edition rolls out.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Great boss fights so far and the story seems to unfold better than the past two bat games.

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Purchased Day One.

I'm a huge fan of the Arkham series.

Rocksteady did such a tremendous job with the first two, I couldn't wait for this one.

In short, the first two were a good degree better, but this one is still pretty good.

From story to better cohesiveness between the sheer number of plot lines, to level design, this game shows why rocksteady is better than many developers.

THE BAD (or perhaps simply not so great):

First thing I noticed was the into scene was not nearly as clever.

Second thing I noticed at the beginning of the game was very bad/horrible water animations. Not talking about the ocean, but little water pouring out of pipes, splashing on the ground, etc. it was obvious not much time was spent on these in the first level. in SOME areas of the game, water effects, etc. improve. Gas/steam effects seem pretty good. some of the lighting and shadowing is pretty bad though.

The next thing I noticed was how horrible most of the textures are.  No wonder there is so much snow. the textures are almost N64 looking when you get anywhere near a building, floor, etc. try looking at the church door and tell me if you can even discern what in the world the pattern on the door is supposed to be...

Batman and many characters look nice, but many/most the environment textures... waaaaaay below City and Asylum. And actually bad enough to be called bad. I imagine the scale of the city without loading has to do with this (since the game was designed first and foremost for last gen consoles).

Character models are pretty awesome as usual, though I noticed some of the "enforcer" characters are fairly low poly. Must be a result of adding many characters to melee fights.

The choice to put some sound through gamepad only is a bit odd and slightly annoying. It seems kind of neat at first, but then I end up wishing it was coming through my TV. I normally have gamepad volume down pretty low and hate managing two volume controls (tv and pad).

THE GOOD:

The fighting is much more fun and satisfying than it was in Rocksteady's games. that's one where Origins actually exceeds its predecessors.

The game does a good job in being an origin story. And you get a feel of being introduced to characters for the first time as well as discovering new bad guys that are actually long running arch nemeses. 

The graphics actually look pretty great from a distance and in rare cases close up.  the heavy snow and Christmas light theme give it a character of its own that is very appealing.

The voice acting is pretty good.

The Batcave. Awesome.

Alfred. Very cool.

The buildings seem taller and there is a lot more travel time. but there speed grapple and some other elements balance this out nicely.

Batwing - For a map of this size, it really helps.

Boss fights are about on par with Asylum so far.

Had heard of various clipping issues with 360 version. Have had none of them on the Wii U.

CONCLUSION:

For people who don't pay a ton of attention to detail, I can see this game being right up there with City.

For those who do, there are some items to nitpick.

But basically, it is still a great Arkham game. Enjoying it quite a bit.

Actually can't put it down. Playing until late at night. Bags under my eyes at work. My only real complaint. LOL.

#13 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Sounds pretty disappointing that there's no gamepad stuff on the Wii U.

I got the PS3 version which I'm really enjoying. I was considering the Wii U version but it's delayed 2 weeks in Europe so went with PS3 instead.

It looks like an alright port though at least. I'd be interested to see a comparison.

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

leaving the gamepad exclusive stuff from AC off what a decision i need someone to explain why. yes i could be reaching but i think it was done intentonally to make sure Wii U doesnt have the defentitive version. It just doesnt make sense to me. The build was already there the game is using the same engine... no reason they should have left it off.

Edited by GAMER1984, 28 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Sounds pretty disappointing that there's no gamepad stuff on the Wii U.
I got the PS3 version which I'm really enjoying. I was considering the Wii U version but it's delayed 2 weeks in Europe so went with PS3 instead.
It looks like an alright port though at least. I'd be interested to see a comparison.

There are gamepad elements on wii u.

From fast travel to detective.mode investigation, to maps, etc.

But curious they didn't go the AC route.

Still gamepad features make this the best version.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 28 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#16 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I rented the PS3 version this weekend (Wii U version wasn't there) and I had a blast, it's an easy 9/10 in the 30% of the story I actually played. I'll be buying the PC version soon.

794144.png?13383682

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Just started the game and it's fun very similar to city but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Said by CoD players everywhere.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#18 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

Is this game more like Asylum or City, i got bored with City just over halfway through as it seemed to be just a button masher in the end, learning combos etc i felt there was too much of this compared to Asylum?

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

im just annoyed of how they intigrated the gamepad, you cant use the map to pick waypoints/objectives, you cant use it to select items(like splinter cell). i

you can skim the map faster to plan your next move, but that is about it, they also have the fingerprint thing, which i just found annoying. overall very poorly done. the fights are better than the second one, and bosses are more common. 

i didnt notice the texture issue the other guy mentioned, most wernt so bad to take me out of the game, so i rarly noticed.

#20 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Great boss fights so far and the story seems to unfold better than the past two bat games.

exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!