29 replies to this topic

#1 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hallo people.

I bought a new Xbox 360 together with GTA when it released. 

And i must admit, in my opinion, that console is far far superior to the Wii U. Not specifications wise, but its software.

- You can play with friends. Talk even though you not necessarily play or doing the same things.

- Easy to meet up with you friends (Parties) or strangers you meet ingame. (game invites, group invites etc...)

- A genuine message system that does not have stupid limitations and run through another application (Miiverse).

- Notifications when you get a message, friends going online, invites and so on. 

- Achievement system.

And i could keep on going. All these are features that the Wii U does not have. 

All the Wii U's features, its like they all run on seperat applications, and not really working togehter, if you understand what i mean.

On the Wii u, you cant get in touch with you friends, exept if they check their Miiverse, you cant see frinds activity the same way as on the Xbox. You cant invite, or be in a party and play together. 

Overall the Xbox360 is far more superior in my opinion. 

I hope some of the above things, could come to the Wii U in future updates. 

I am not a fanboy, or anything like that! and i dont hate on Nintendo. Got both the Wii U and an Xbox 360. 

Do you agree with me? 

Let me hear you thoughs  :)

Edited by Marcus Noer, 29 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ooooooh, that kind of software.

Coz if you meant the other kind that I was thinking of I would slap you into oblivion.

Yeah, you are right though.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Yea this has been some of Nintendo faults. They make a system that is family made for in house family time. They never really got into the whole online and playing games with your friends around the world.

And it's not just Xbox but PlayStation has this down to. Easy to see friends while still in a game. And message them.

Nintendo does need to wake up and get on board with online interact.

You see how long it took them to do away with friend codes.

Yea this has been some of Nintendo faults. They make a system that is family made for in house family time. They never really got into the whole online and playing games with your friends around the world.

And it's not just Xbox but PlayStation has this down to. Easy to see friends while still in a game. And message them.

Nintendo does need to wake up and get on board with online interact.

You see how long it took them to do away with friend codes.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Couldn't agree more. The XBOX easily has the best OS of any of the consoles.

2lvmghw.png

#5 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yeah I agree but WiiU is barley starting maybe by its 7th year they might have something even better.

#6 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's tough to compare a 7 (8?) year-old console to one that is just about a year old.  It's true though.  MS is made by the people who did Windows and thus it has an awesome OS.  Hopefully Nintendo's will improve over time.  This is their first real attempt to do anything more than the absolute most basic.

Edited by kokirii, 29 October 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Gee, a system that's had nearly a decade to touch up/refine its OS has more functions than a system that's been out for 2 years.

Who woulda thunk?

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

get a okay-ish laptop and start steam it is by far leaps and bounds better than xbox live 

Pros of steam:

1) don't have to pay for steam

2) steam sales all the time, there is always a sale going on where you can find a game for a astonishing low price

3) groups and discussions. If you don't know what this is it is basically miiverse but anybody can make a discussion and anyone can join it and also you can take screenshots in game and post them and people can comment and like them plus when I jumped on steam I realized how much Nintendo kinda stole from steam although it doesn't really matter that much to me so whatever 

4)Dedicated Servers- now this is something that will change next generation but most steam games have dedicated servers where players can buy a server and this rarley happens on consoles but next gen I'm interested to see how the dedicated servers thing work out on consoles

5) Workshop- basically the game dev can choose weather or not you can download and upload mods to the workshop which is a really cool feature especially for garrys mod where there is tons of mods to sift through

Steam has what Xbox has and more it is well worth either waiting and buying a steam box or buying a good laptop 

Edited by nbond3040, 29 October 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

I would say FAR FAR superior.  Just superior.  But either way Nintendo definitely could have done better :/

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#10 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Gee, a system that's had nearly a decade to touch up/refine its OS has more functions than a system that's been out for 2 years.

Who woulda thunk?

of course it's an unfair comparison but does it really matter to the average consumer they don't care wether its a fair comparison they just care about getting the best product which is by far steam-but out of these two is defintley xbox

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Eh I know the xbox has a lot of stuff, but I never seem to use any of it. The friends online and ect always seemed more of a annoyance to me. (not very social). But we still get better games, and less confusing ui.

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

*Doesnt see anything about games mentioned once*

And this is why gaming has gone down the crapper.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

*Doesnt see anything about games mentioned once*

And this is why gaming has gone down the crapper.

yeah i decided against responding to OP

#14 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Bought one in 2011. About a month later I just stopped playing it, the library was just not for me. The online features were the worst ever as well.

I sold it last year after I bought my wii u, and bought a PS3. Honestly, both consoles just blew the 360 straight out of the water and into the ground. Just the library of both consoles made me proud of my decision. Only thing I like better on the Xbox is it's UI, since Wii U's pretty lacking. Although, sorry to say, but there's one thing that's imo better than all 3.

PC Gaming.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

794144.png?13383682

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Who woulda thunk?

If I recall correctly, the blade interface that launched with the first model of Xbox 360 was pretty powerful... 

Edited by grahamf, 29 October 2013 - 06:32 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

y do you think there is a bunch of people asking nintendo to implement all that stuff, and were disapointed by the last update.

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Exactly.....

Eh I know the xbox has a lot of stuff, but I never seem to use any of it. The friends online and ect always seemed more of a annoyance to me. (not very social). But we still get better games, and less confusing ui.

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

The cost of Xbox Live is $60 per year. I don't think I'm willing to pay that just so that I can use something I could have easily arranged with Skype, and I'm definitely not willing to pay for stuff that's free everywhere else.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

Who woulda thunk?

The Wii U have not even been out for a year.

But does not change the fact that all these things are standard.

Idk how the xbox was at the beginning of its life.

But looks like it had pretty mutch the same features as it have now.

Nothing has changed in the Wii in the nearly 8 years it have been.

And for the people saying that they dont like the notifications because they are not social (as they said themself) you can turn it off.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

The Wii U have not even been out for a year.
But does not change the fact that all these things are standard.

Idk how the xbox was at the beginning of its life.
But looks like it had pretty mutch the same features as it have now.

Nothing has changed in the Wii in the nearly 8 years it have been.

And for the people saying that they dont like the notifications because they are not social (as they said themself) you can turn it off.

When it launched? youd remove pretty much everything on your bullet point list, except notifications, and people were still playing halo 2.

This entire gen has been a steaming pile because of the focus on this kind of garbage and the not good fixation on aaa one and done games with bolted on multi.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!