Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

hero.jpg

I don't even know anymore..............

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=216223

My sides, they hurt. None near me, so I'm not going.

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Who has their top console selling game at a pottery barn???

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Nintendo

Nintendo

Why did you choose to do THIS
Over a nice Christmas ad

#4 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

POPULAR

Not to be negative, but couldn't they choose a better place? I mean, they could have chosen Toys R Us, Game Stop, Best Buy, heck a pizza chain, like Dominos or Pizza or Pizza Hut would be a better location. I just can't imagine kids saying "Mom, we have to go the the pottery barn! They have Mario AND fancy glass ware!"

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

I swear, this promo better not interfere with those mall tours Nintendo does every year. I go to them every year over the month they're there.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

The ad lies, who knows how many people played the game back at E3??

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Other than the fact that maybe this target audience might have more disposable income than others, I gotta agree with you.  A rather strange choice.  Hell, I think they need to buy space/promotional set ups at Walmart/Best Buy.  I remember not too long ago Nintendo had a Donkey Kong set up right before the entrance to the video games- that caught my attention enough to at least go check out the 3ds.

Not to be negative, but couldn't they choose a better place? I mean, they could have chosen Toys R Us, Game Stop, Best Buy, heck a pizza chain, like Dominos or Pizza or Pizza Hut would be a better location. I just can't imagine kids saying "Mom, we have to go the the pottery barn! They have Mario AND fancy glass ware!"

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

:(

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Losing hope for the Wii U. Nintendo's marketing team has stupid ideas.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

This week I went to walmart. The Wii U kiosk was loaded up with Disney Planes and a huge ad for it.

Nintendo, get your crap together pls.

794144.png?13383682

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

This week I went to walmart. The Wii U kiosk was loaded up with Disney Planes and a huge ad for it.

Nintendo, get your crap together pls.

At least there is a kiosk there. About two weeks ago, my local best buy organized shelves/displays for PS4 and Xbox One and never put the Wii U kiosk back up.... and there isn't any room for it either. 

Edited by Sorceror12, 05 November 2013 - 04:23 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

I undertsnad pottery barn from friends episodes, but "teen"? Are they trying to sell furniture to children?
That doesn't make sense to me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

Pottery Barn.............I'm sorry but this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

And that couch is hideous.

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

The only Pottery Barn I'n aware of in the state is three hours away. Couldn't Nintendo just get some space at BestBuy?

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

I can't believe it!  There's one near me for Nov 4 - 24!! I know what I'm doing this weekend

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Its Pottery Barn TEEN!!! You ignorant baboons

Nintendo fans are known for being hipsters.... It wouldn't make sense to be at Best Buy or Game stop; they're too mainstream. 

You guys act like Nintys marketing department is a bunch of idiots unaware to what modern day gamers want.... well news flash this isn't 2002 anymore! We cant have bad ass commercials anymore, we need Cubicles and Pottery Barn Teen and Wayne MotherF***in Brady!

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well, they have done an atrocious job of marketing.  When I tell people about my Wii U, they look at me rather puzzled and I have to just say the new Wii.  then they say, "Oh, I didn't know that they had one...."

Its Pottery Barn TEEN!!! You ignorant baboons

Nintendo fans are known for being hipsters.... It wouldn't make sense to be at Best Buy or Game stop; they're too mainstream. 

You guys act like Nintys marketing department is a bunch of idiots unaware to what modern day gamers want.... well news flash this isn't 2002 anymore! We cant have bad ass commercials anymore, we need Cubicles and Pottery Barn Teen and Wayne MotherF***in Brady!

#18 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

(facepalm) The closest location for me is in Coral Gables which is hours away from where I live. Also, I never heard of Pottery Barn Teen before. Just goes to show you how bad this decision was.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think it`s a really great idea.

This marketing action is not geared towards kids/gamers... only! It`s for the parents who go to these stores every single day alone or with their kids and can sit and play and try the game for their kids or with their kids.

There`s a reason you don`t see a regular kiosk, but a Wii U put in a living room ready to be used, just like at our homes. The ambience is there to make people comfortable!

#20 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Well, they have done an atrocious job of marketing.  When I tell people about my Wii U, they look at me rather puzzled and I have to just say the new Wii.  then they say, "Oh, I didn't know that they had one...."

I don't even say "Wii U" anymore.  I just say "the new Wii" or "Nintendo's new console, the successor to the Wii."

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!