24 replies to this topic

#21 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Pretty much this.... and then they ask, "what's the difference?"

I don't think this Pottery Barn is a terrible idea, it's just that they need to do more- a lot more.  This should almost not even really be a story.  they did the Best Buy deal in the summer, but we haven't heard about any other promotions  since then, right?

I don't even say "Wii U" anymore.  I just say "the new Wii" or "Nintendo's new console, the successor to the Wii."

#22 Mr. Ferret

Mr. Ferret

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Nintendo's marketing team will never cease to amaze me.

#23 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

I think it`s a really great idea.
This marketing action is not geared towards kids/gamers... only! It`s for the parents who go to these stores every single day alone or with their kids and can sit and play and try the game for their kids or with their kids.

There`s a reason you don`t see a regular kiosk, but a Wii U put in a living room ready to be used, just like at our homes. The ambience is there to make people comfortable!

that... actually makes sense. No use running at a electronics shop, because the target audient won't be going there. Instead go to places where families will bring their kids to be bored.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#24 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

that... actually makes sense. No use running at a electronics shop, because the target audient won't be going there. Instead go to places where families will bring their kids to be bored.

Exactly.

Not only that, they do have the entire "venue" all for themselves (as in, only their publicity).

#25 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:14 AM

As I said above, the target audience will have more income, and I suppose you make a good point, so I don't think it's just a terrible idea.  It's just that they need to do profoundly more than this. You are talking about a company with $11 billion in cash.  I can't imagine this event costing more than $100k to pull off, if that, which is pennies.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!