32 replies to this topic

#1 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

HI all

remember when the wii u launched and games like batman ran on ps3 and xbox better then the wii u ..

At the time fans were saying that because the wii u is new that it was going through teething problems and as time goes on it will be better and better

but the sony fans were laughing at us saying when the ps4 comes out it'll run games much better because they have a system with a lot more power and a really good next gen system ??

Well reports of GHost ( COD ) are coming in and have been reported to say that the ps4 runs the game at 1080 p but there is frame rate issue in fact some have said that the ps3 runs the game better

although ps3 runs a 720

I wonder what the sony fans are going to say when we tell them that the ps3 a system with old hardware runs the game better then their next gen ........

and they wont be able to say its teething problems with new tech because they refused to believe us when we said the same thing a year ago

you all have my permission to be smug  :D

By the way I am not having a go at sony I really think that the ps4 will be a good power house system just like the xbox,

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

the PS4 is going to sell as many units in the holiday season as Wii U sold in its whole first year.  There's no denying that and it's okay.  Nintendo needs to get their act together and unrealistic/antagonistic predictions about the other consoles aren't going to help.  It just makes Wii U owners look desperate 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

HI all

remember when the wii u launched and games like batman ran on ps3 and xbox better then the wii u ..

At the time fans were saying that because the wii u is new that it was going through teething problems and as time goes on it will be better and better

but the sony fans were laughing at us saying when the ps4 comes out it'll run games much better because they have a system with a lot more power and a really good next gen system ??

Well reports of GHost ( COD ) are coming in and have been reported to say that the ps4 runs the game at 1080 p but there is frame rate issue in fact some have said that the ps3 runs the game better

although ps3 runs a 720

I wonder what the sony fans are going to say when we tell them that the ps3 a system with old hardware runs the game better then their next gen ........

and they wont be able to say its teething problems with new tech because they refused to believe us when we said the same thing a year ago

you all have my permission to be smug  :D

By the way I am not having a go at sony I really think that the ps4 will be a good power house system just like the xbox,

so you just want to troll fanboys, go on ahead, those morons make great enterainment. only time i care is if you troll real gamers.

#4 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

I will have to see it to believe it if you're saying it runs better on ps3.

#5 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I will have to see it to believe it if you're saying it runs better on ps3.

I did not give a source did I, ok here is were I got it from 

not to sure if I can give links 

#6 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

And PS4 is having a day one update, and I think I heard of a drought. But whatever. Not really interested in any of the two systems right now.

Stupid Snowmads!

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

im guessing rainbowty CPU optimization. 

#8 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

the PS4 is going to sell as many units on launch day as Wii U sold in its whole first year.  There's no denying that and it's okay.  Nintendo needs to get their act together and unrealistic/antagonistic predictions about the other consoles aren't going to help.  It just makes Wii U owners look desperate 

:3

bb0.gif

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

:3

lol now that would be depressing

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

the PS4 is going to sell as many units in the holiday season as Wii U sold in its whole first year. There's no denying that and it's okay. Nintendo needs to get their act together and unrealistic/antagonistic predictions about the other consoles aren't going to help. It just makes Wii U owners look desperate

No one here is going to lIsten to that!

A few months ago I made the prediction PS4 would surpass Wii U saled by the ends of March.

I was called crazy (but in a nice way).

For some reason people do not want to believe there is actual excitement for this coming system that just wasn't there for the Wii U.

So to the original topic, there is no easy the PS4 won't be a hit this holiday season.

Edited by Dharmanator, 06 November 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#11 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Despite in my local GAME, if you pre-order the PS4 today, you are not likey to get it until next year because its been sold out until that time.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

But the PS4 version will get DLC and the Clan system.

Not a bad trade for Wii level Call of Duty shooting.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

No one here is going to lIsten to that!

A few months ago I made the prediction PS4 would surpass Wii U saled by the ends of March.

I was called crazy (but in a nice way).

For some reason people do not want to believe there is actual excitement for this coming system that just wasn't there for the Wii U.

So to the original topic, there is no easy the PS4 won't be a hit this holiday season.

The Wii U was a hit during the holiday season too (just below the 2006 Wii levels), and look at it now.

My point is that launch hype is a great way to start off, and I'm sure it will sell tons of systems. However, you guys have to ask yourselves this question, will Sony be able to keep that momentum, considering the post-launch drought, lack of innovation and absence of top-tier exclusive titles? I doubt that.

The whole situation just sounds too Wii U-ish and Vita-ish to me. We'll see.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#14 AgentSpyglass

AgentSpyglass

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Need 4 Speed Rivals on Wii U

I will rage if this is not in existance

#15 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Have you seen how ghosts runs on a high-end pc?

It's not a ps4 problem, it's a ghosts problem.

#16 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Have you seen how ghosts runs on a high-end pc?

It's not a ps4 problem, it's a ghosts problem.

I doubt that. Any sources?

Posted Image

#17 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

The Wii U was a hit during the holiday season too (just below the 2006 Wii levels), and look at it now.

My point is that launch hype is a great way to start off, and I'm sure it will sell tons of systems. However, you guys have to ask yourselves this question, will Sony be able to keep that momentum, considering the post-launch drought, lack of innovation and absence of top-tier exclusive titles? I doubt that.

I think about it this way: take ten minutes to look at sales history in the past 15-20 years and see the trend going on. Or, barring that, do this simple equation: as good as you WANT the launch year to be, subtract a lot of positive expectations and prepare for the worst. Why? Because that's what happens EVERY. SINGLE. LAUNCH YEAR.

#18 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Wii U was in no way a hit during any season.

I fully expect the PS4 to sell close to 3 million during the holiday season. Even with Xbox competition.

There was very little buzz in comparison for the Wii U.

To me it is simply a case of Sony having the interest of the gaming community. Nintendo has not been taken seriously by gamers for a long time. I don't care about 100 million units of the Wii. Yes. Great accomplishment. But that will not be repeated again. Think howmany of then were dust collectors after the fad of waggle controls wore out. Lack of 3rd party support stems from this.

Edited by Dharmanator, 08 November 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#19 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

I doubt that. Any sources?

total biscuit (if that's a source lol), other videos on youtube. can't be bothered to actually look it up. I've just read a lot of things that say the performance on PC is atrocious for a AAA looking barely as good as Black Ops 2.

I fully expect the PS4 to sell close to 3 million during the holiday season. Even with Xbox competition.

To me it is simply a case of Sony having the interest of the gaming community. Nintendo has not been taken seriously by gamers for a long time. I don't care about 100 million units of the Wii. Yes. Great accomplishment. But that will not be repeated again. Think howmany of then were dust collectors after the fad of waggle controls wore out. Lack of 3rd party support stems from this.

Also this, a lot of families and "casuals" (take that as you will) bought the Wii and it sat in the basement unused for the vast majority of the time. The Wii U will NOT eventually come out on top compared to the xbone and ps4. Next gen maybe, but not this one. I don't see any way the Wii U repeats the Wii's success.

#20 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

It sold 3.5 million units during the holiday season. Sure it had little buzz, but how is that not a hit?

Now, let's talk about the so called "dust collector".

In its six year life cycle the Wii sold around 100 million units and around 900 million software units, which equates into approximately 9 games per system adoption rate, or 1.5 games per year.

In its seven year life cycle the PS3 sold around 80 million units and around 754 million software units, which equates into approximately 9.4 games per system adoption rate or  1.3 games per year.

In its eight year life cycle the Xbox 360 sold around 80 million units and around 829 million software units, which equates into approximately 10.4 games per system adoption rate or 1.3 games per year.

You could argue that the Wii didn't bring much interest to you in terms of its software library, but if you call that a dust collector, you're just being dumb.

And no third-party support? I suggest you take a good look at this: http://www.gengame.n...mproved-on-wii/

It's funny how the media can simply destroy the image of a console by making bold assumptions out of thin air, with no factual evidence supporting such claims. The Wii died prematurely compered to the HD twins because the media destroyed its image. Soon enough, publisher trust went down and so did support, sales and popularity. Nintendo just gave it the final blow in 2011 by just having Skyward Sword in the pipeline. They abandoned the system, which they had no other option but to do so in order to support the 3DS and prepare for the Wii U. Understaffed Nintendo is understaffed x)  

I think about it this way: take ten minutes to look at sales history in the past 15-20 years and see the trend going on. Or, barring that, do this simple equation: as good as you WANT the launch year to be, subtract a lot of positive expectations and prepare for the worst. Why? Because that's what happens EVERY. SINGLE. LAUNCH YEAR.

Exactly. Launch sales are all fun and games until you realize there's little to no quality games in the short-term pipeline. It's always been like this, except this generation it feels that the gap between launch and the arrival of great quality games is even bigger. Maybe it's because there are less and less publishers in the industry, or maybe its because games take too much time to make right now, I don't know. Nevertheless, truth be said that the real test for a system is whether it can regain momentum or not, once the must-haves start flooding in (in which the Vita failed miserably and the Wii U is currently in purgatory).

Edited by Arkhandar, 08 November 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!