Photo

Nintendo doesn't appear to take criticism well...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

I've been noticing this a lot when Nintendo gets hate, primarily on YouTube. When they post a video, and it gets a large amount more likes than dislikes, and generally positive comments, the video keeps its ratings and comments open, however when a video gets hate, Nintendo decides to disable ratings and comments. I actually have a couple video links below where they've done this.

Wii U - "The Pitch" Commercial: Kids Edition

Wii U - "The Pitch" Commercial: Super Mario 3D World

Nintendo 2DS - Introduction
http://youtu.be/sAExBTWIp3M

These videos have had their ratings and comments before, however the comments of several viewers were more negative than positive, same goes for the dislikes over likes. Regarding the Wii U commercials I am making a separate topic about because it's a separate issue, however the 2DS was known to get hate at first, people calling it a joke, etc.

It seems that Nintendo likes to either
a. Hide their hate so that people don't join in and not buy their products
b. Nintendo doesn't like criticism. They don't listen to the voice of the people and like to do whatever Nintendo wants (which as I mentioned before I have a separate topic that ties in with that)

While Option A seems to make more sense, B also does as well. Think about it, Nintendo's entire way of operating doesn't seem to have any say from consumers.

Region Locking, something we've been begging for to get removed. Nintendo is stubborn and continues to implement it to the consumers dismay.

A proper online network. While Nintendo has been working on this, they've also messed up this process at the same time. Nintendo Network ID's are tied to a system, not the cloud. All your purchases are tied to your console, so if your console breaks or is stolen, you either won't get them back or have to go through an extrenuous process. Their still doing this by bringing Nintendo Network ID's to 3DS.

So yeah these are just some examples, and these are my thoughts, so what are yours?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

POPULAR

My thought is that their YouTube channel is there to advertise and they don't want that purpose to be ruined.

#3 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

POPULAR

I would turn off comments too if it was full of crap and unwarranted hate. That stuff detracts from what they are trying to do, they want to advertise and sell a product and having negative comments counters that. YouTube comments are not the place to try and appeal to a company anyway you will not be taken seriously. YouTube comments are a cesspool they always have been, they still are now, and they always will be no matter what Google tries. So to listen to anything being said on there is pointless.

#4 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

POPULAR

I don't even see why people are bashing these commercials. They're not intended for the hardcore gaming audience. The "commercials" for the hardcore gamers is stuff like E3, Nintendo Directs, and news sites. This commercial is to get casual gamers aware about Wii U. As for the comments being disabled, I'm pretty sure it's not because they can't take criticism. It's probably so flamewars don't break out (AKA like every other youtube comment section) and so it doesn't make their channel look bad and just because it's an ad.

Edited by The Dante, 19 November 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

I noticed that today too, their new wii u ad disabled comments but the 3ds ad has them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

POPULAR

This had nothing to do with Nintendo not being able to take criticism. This to do with Nintendo trying to run a business and not wanting hateful, non-constructive criticism on display with a video that is trying to promote their product.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Sometimes people say idiotic things on the comment section, remember the 2ds announcment, the entire comment section was like "OOH Nintendo wtf you doing! blarg!" and such. Sometimes it's just best to disable it.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I don't even see why people are bashing these commercials. They're not intended for the hardcore gaming audience. The "commercials" for the hardcore gamers is stuff like E3, Nintendo Directs, and news sites. This commercial is to get casual gamers aware about Wii U. As for the comments being disabled, I'm pretty sure it's not because they can't take criticism. It's probably so flamewars don't break out (AKA like every other youtube comment section) and so it doesn't make their channel look bad and just because it's an ad.

DAT SIGNATURE dude so deep.

But I agree. Remember the Wii comercials we all found horrible? Well, they did help sell a console 100 million units.

No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!