Photo

Reggie: Why you should buy a Wii U this Holiday season.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well in a way those that buy into these new consoles have at least got one new innovation to look forward to, with their season passes, dlc on and off the disc, and one time passes, they now have to look at the new way they are about to be rewarded for spending 500 quid on new hardware and 60 quid on games, microtansactions, the thank you gift from the next gen consoles that's going to continue to give and give. lol

True. To each their own. 

Personally I'll stick with the games I like.

pNgecl.gif

#22 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

The kinds of games that are in the launch of both consoles don't appeal to me, so I can't really say. However, I do know that there are plenty of titles in each launch that have appealed to others.

Besides, my point wasn't actually that the Xbox One and PS4 had a good launch, but instead that the Wii U did not have a good enough launch itself to justify Reggie taking jabs at either console's launch. Regardless of where the Wii U ends up in the end, it's ridiculous for him to make such a comment.

But he was comparing the current Wii U library to the launch library of the other consoles. He has admitted several times that there wasn't enough good games for the Wii U to begin with.

#23 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

Some of the comments in this thread sound incredibly bitter.

#24 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:48 AM

Way to miss a point. But I'll bite regardless.

NSMB? That depends. The series has potential but they need to quit just trying to emulate what the first Mario Bros. games did. They need to work branching out and doing their own thing. When the NSMB series does this, it's awesome.

Mario Kart? Hellz yes.

Pokemon? Absolutely

What was the point then?

It seems odd that you look down your nose at the games available on other consoles but apparently you’ll line up with the other millions to buy the same bland RPG repackaged as the newest Pokemon game. If that isn’t a shining example of the mediocrity in the games industry, I don’t know what is.

There’s nothing wrong with not like FPS games, but to someone who does, those minute changes you describe probably seem as big as the changes in the NSMB series seem to you.

#25 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

What was the point then?

It seems odd that you look down your nose at the games available on other consoles but apparently you’ll line up with the other millions to buy the same bland RPG repackaged as the newest Pokemon game. If that isn’t a shining example of the mediocrity in the games industry, I don’t know what is.

There’s nothing wrong with not like FPS games, but to someone who does, those minute changes you describe probably seem as big as the changes in the NSMB series seem to you.

You've never played pokemon have you? Show me ANY other RPG with the kind of freedom and options for customizing your team as pokemon.  Hell show me any other RPG with a competitive scene and metagame like pokemon has. You can't, because Pokemon is unique in its genre. So unique that most people don't even recognize it as an RPG at a glance. It's simply pokemon. Not to mention you're talking about a series that traditionally has come out with new iterations once or twice at most in a hardware generation to a genre where the biggest franchises are annual and change about as much as Madden, if that much. 

Can you name me an FPS within the past five years that has stood out that much? Only ones I can think of are Bioshock 1 and 2. You may be under the impression that I dislike FPS titles. I don't, on the contrary I like them. What I don't like is seeing FPS titles churned out annually with practically zero changes other than maps for the multiplayer and a laughably bad single player mode. I think it speaks a lot for the genre when pretty much every game relies on a near identical control setup and at a glance you would't be able to tell the difference between CoD, BF, or MoH. 

If people want to go out and annually rebuy the same game over and over again then that's fine. If the MAJORITY of people want to go out and annually rebuy the same game over and over again then that's fine too. But I'll stick to with what I like and call out BS on either side. 

pNgecl.gif

#26 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:56 AM

Some of the comments in this thread sound incredibly bitter.

Which ones?

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#27 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Which ones?

Ones that generally insult other peoples tastes, and dismiss genres of games because they are not Nintendo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!