Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

In 2003, George Harrison, senior vice president of Nintendo of America, was asked by Electronic Gaming Monthy about what GameCube’s biggest shortcomings were.

“If there’s a shortcoming for us on GameCube, it’s not delivering enough consistent breadth and variety of software. That really is the key. Consumers, I think, are past the time when they buy a system just to get one game. We used to believe that was the case,” says George Harrison.

Fast forward to today in 2013. The Wii U is struggling in sales. So what does Satoru Iwata tell reporters?

“One game has the power to change everything,” said Iwata during an October 2013 meeting with reporters.

http://www.dromble.c...-sell-consoles/

Smash will save the Wii U @_@ 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

url-1.gif

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

But... one game can sell consoles..

Edited by R00bot, 10 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Rogers once again trolling for hits by making a dramatic article. It's perhaps entertaining, but it's not very strong as an argument.

#5 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm still positive that WiiU sales will pick up but... Iwata said Pikmin 3 would save it. Result: No. The Wonderful 101? No. Wind Waker HD? No. Super Mario 3D World? Doesn't look like it. Does ONE game can save a console? No.

WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#6 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

In some cases it might, but in most cases, after a critical mass of good games have accumulated, people will start buying the console.

#7 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:53 AM

well all Wii U games are great but what lacks Wii U 1st party games is variety.

When will there be a Wii U shooter or a 17+ adventure ( infamous  ) ?

Till now most of Wii U first party games are  targeted at family or teens but when will there be a first party  game targeted at Mature audiences

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

When will there be a Wii U shooter or a 17+ adventure ( infamous ) ?
Till now most of Wii U first party games are targeted at family or teens but when will there be a first party game targeted at Mature audiences

Nintendo will probably never make 17+shooter. They make games that appeal to everyone, they always have. I would imagine Zelda and Metroid to be their most appealing games for "mature audiences".

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

Till now most of Wii U first party games are  targeted at family or teens but when will there be a first party  game targeted at Mature audiences

If you by "mature" mean 13-year-olds, then never. But most of their games appeal to me as a 35-year old. I do miss games that really target us adult people however. Complex games wich really deal with issues interesting to us - I mean, compared to the film world, there are tons of games like the most popular stupid action films, but none like more serious films. But this is true for all game companies, not only Nintendo.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

If you by "mature" mean 13-year-olds, then never. But most of their games appeal to me as a 35-year old. I do miss games that really target us adult people however. Complex games wich really deal with issues interesting to us - I mean, compared to the film world, there are tons of games like the most popular stupid action films, but none like more serious films. But this is true for all game companies, not only Nintendo.

What about that one nintendo game that used combined greek and gnostic philosophies regaurding dvinity and the make up of the material world, combining it with Leibniz's philosophy on the composure and structure of the universe, and modern mathamatics and computer programming because they all use the same word in a similar relation?

Then follows that philosophy to consider the moral implications of the creation of sentient life by another sentient being?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:34 AM

What about that one nintendo game that used combined greek and gnostic philosophies regaurding dvinity and the make up of the material world, combining it with Leibniz's philosophy on the composure and structure of the universe, and modern mathamatics and computer programming because they all use the same word in a similar relation?

Then follows that philosophy to consider the moral implications of the creation of sentient life by another sentient being?

Earthbound?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Just as an FYI, Nintendo isn't quite known for making shooters or games targeted at "mature" audiences. I think "Mature" in this instance is code for "dudebro shooters with much blood, gore and f-bombs"

And since the crap when was inFAMOUS a 17+ game? O_o It's only rated T here. 

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Earthbound?

Nope. Google Monad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Do we seriously have to go over this again. Didnt we have a whole thread explaining why Nintendo would not and should not do this?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 Aiddon

Aiddon

Blooper

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Do we seriously have to go over this again. Didnt we have a whole thread explaining why Nintendo would not and should not do this?

We apparently have to have it again and again because some people just don't get logic. And there is a word for those kind of people: morons.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

darksiders 2, dues ex, cod, splinter cell(is actually pretty good you should buy it), etc.
It has what you think it doesn't. Nintendo don't need to make those themselves, they're already on it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

darksiders 2, dues ex, cod, splinter cell(is actually pretty good you should buy it), etc.
It has what you think it doesn't. Nintendo don't need to make those themselves, they're already on it.

Listen to Nollog. She speaks with wisdom.

Also, if Nintendo made a ¨17+¨ shooter, all the dudebros would just write it off because ¨its nintendo so its for kids¨. You have to understand that a very big portion of people who buy shooter because all their dudebro friends are like ¨dude, bro, you gotta buy COD, its super manly like¨ and therefore lack the judgement to size up a game themselves.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

I don't think one game will save it, but the more games we have like the ones you mention will make a more and more compelling case for it. I bought the Wii U b/c it looked cool and knew these games would eventually come out- granted, didn't think it would take this long.  But, I think there's a lot of people who HAVE to HAVE Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and/or Mario Kart..... IF I didn't buy on impulse back in April and showed some restraint- I think Mario Kart would have put me over the edge.

I'm still positive that WiiU sales will pick up but... Iwata said Pikmin 3 would save it. Result: No. The Wonderful 101? No. Wind Waker HD? No. Super Mario 3D World? Doesn't look like it. Does ONE game can save a console? No.

#19 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Guess what though, Wii U sales have picked up since Mario 3D World launched, by a considerable enough amount.

Also, asking Nintendo to make games that don't bring people together is like asking Pixar to make a film only for adults. It doesn't make sense. Why completely disregard people under the age of 18 when you can release games that everyone can enjoy?

Bring the noise.

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

Nintendo tried making an M Rated shooter. It's called Geist, and it was crap. It didn't do anything for the GameCube. Why would they try something like that again?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!