NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone ventured out to any stores and looked at the Wii U games and hardware to see stock?

I visited Target tonight, they only had one Wii U WW bundle left, no others in case. The Wii U game section itself was ravaged, 5-6 game slots were totally emptied out.

Curious as to what others have come across. I also picked up a free full color holiday nintendo gift guide. Nice brochure booklet with 3ds and Wii U stuff from games to what the systems offer. It is similar to the previous brochure but designed for holiday shoppers in mind.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

I would never go off Target. Target didn't even stock Call of Duty for Wii U when it first released while still having Black Ops 2 out. Targets gaming sections suck imo.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I saw a PS4 with Knack for 450 euro, and a PS4 "for the players" magazine was at the counter while doing some Christmas shopping for kids.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

yeah target doesn't order a bunch of wii u games period, along with all other stores im sure until they sell out of what they have. So don't get to excited

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

Really? Target's game selection has always been good to me. It's where I prefer to buy my games.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

I would never go off Target. Target didn't even stock Call of Duty for Wii U when it first released while still having Black Ops 2 out. Targets gaming sections suck imo.

I visit this particular target quite a bit and I always check the gaming section, it's been ravaged compared to pre holiday. Would be nice if it's similar in other stores and locations.

Here is the gift guide I spoke about.

1387333035079.jpg
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I saw a few stores... Mostly 3dworld was in short supply, sonic lost worlds was empty...

Tons of full stocked cases of Zombi u and Wonderful 101. Fricking wussy bastards.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

I saw a few stores... Mostly 3dworld was in short supply, sonic lost worlds was empty...

Tons of full stocked cases of Zombi u and Wonderful 101. Fricking wussy bastards.

Hah yeah they don't know what they are missing. Going to go shopping all day tomorrow, many different stores. I will compare to what I saw tonight and see what games are sitting on the shelves. Might take a few pics too.

#9 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Went to best buy today and they have over 150 units all lining the customer service desk and a bunch stacked up in the center of the videogame area. 

#10 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I still want to get wonderful 101, game looks great. I played the demo and liked it.

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

honestly i havent even check the gaming area when i go to stores.

I normally only go to wal mart tho. And when i go to gamestop i already know what i want and just get that up and leave.

I dont ask to many questions about older stuff.

But Im willing to bet they didnt restock. Or just not selling so they dont order them.

I remember some months back i look at the vita stuff and its pretty much gone. Like 1 game of each and only 5 or 6 titles.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 DoubleDragon101

DoubleDragon101

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

My local game store is really bad its all Xbox one down one side  and PlayStation 4 down the other with big tv showing games of for both. wii u release didn't get even get a tv to demo.

Yesterday  in game WiiU has  very small and poor selection of games for the wii u counted 11 different WiiU games  all squashed in with wii and 3ds No effort at all with the WiiU

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

The Wii U seems to be gaining more traction where I am. The Wii U section is bigger than the PS4 and the Xbox One sections.

There was a lady today asking for the new Mario game for his son's Wii U. The poor kid's gonna be disappointed when he finds out that the clerk thought she meant New Super Mario Bros. U. Hardly a bad game, but a step down from 3D World.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

Wii U is getting quite popular here in Sudan , our game shop worker said they sold over 20 Wii Us this month and most of Wii U games are out of stock

#15 GCD

GCD

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Well wii u wise up here in sunny Glasgow the wii u is almost unavailable in any place but the computer and game shop Game, Asda has no recent release Wii u titles, Morrisons don't stock the Wii u at all, Tesco is similar to Asda, Sainbury's had one or two titles but no recent games, Curry's and PC world again have a few titles but nothing recent, HMV has about the most stuff relating to Wii u.

So high street retail wise the Wii u is quite dead up here with most of the big retailers not stocking the Wii u at all, very sad state of affairs to say the least.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Target out of wii u here in town now and best buy was sold out. Had a ton of 3ds and 2ds in shelf and above for extra stock

Toys r us only had 3 sky lander basic wii u bundles left, deluxe sold out.

Here is pic of best buy
20131218_103900.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 18 December 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

WalMart was sold out of the Wii u about ten days ago. Also sold out of Mario 3d. Had a decent selection. I counted 38 titles. Target only had 28.

#18 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:11 PM

The place I ordered my white one from was sold out the same night, at that price though...
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#19 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

I ordered a second one, the Zelda collectors edition and it took best buy a week to fulfill the order.

#20 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

My local walmart keeps selling out of Wii U, I was lucky to land mine. Same with PS4, there's always X1's though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!