Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Can someone please link me to the guidelines which describe under what conditions a moderator has the right to lock my status?

I had the following status: "Wow, Xbox One is selling AT OR BELOW MSRP on eBay?? Way to go, MS."   Not crude or inappropriate in any way.  But "The King of All Cosmos" decided to pop in and insult me in the third person ("I hope Kokirii..."), saying it was a useless status.  So I responded and said that his critique of my status was clueless and that it was immature to refer to me in the third person.  Again, not inappropriate or foul, just a simple disagreement and statement of my opinion.  

Then all of a sudden my status is locked.  Can someone please point to the rules for statuses and where mods have the authority to lock statuses at will, even if the status doesn't have any inappropriate content?  Or is it an unwritten rule here that responding to a provocation is simply not allowed if it's a mod? This seems to me like a pretty clear case of abuse of authority (teenagers on power trips?).     

Edited by kokirii, 20 December 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I just unlocked it.

I'm a little busy at the moment (about to drive to get my allergy shots), but there is nothing in the rules against "useless status updates".  I don't know why it needed to be locked myself.

Mods are allowed to lock statuses, but usually if it needs to be locked, it would just be deleted to begin with (if it has inappropriate content, advertising, etc).

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I locked it because the status is nothing but flamebait. There is no room for any real conversation, as every system that's still sold in stores sells for MSRP or under on eBay, as is the norm for an auction site where people can list their item for whatever they want. 

I referred to you in the third person so that my response wouldn't be confused with being a response to anybody else, sorry you found that "immature" 

"Again, not inappropriate or foul, just a simple disagreement and statement of my opinion." It's not even an opinion, it's just flamebait towards Microsoft/Xbone fans here.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I locked it because the status is nothing but flamebait. There is no room for any real conversation, as every system that's still sold in stores sells for MSRP or under on eBay, as is the norm for an auction site where people can list their item for whatever they want. Your being ignorant about it wasn't helping any.

If you're going to go around locking status updates for this reason then go lock all status updates depicting any sort of displeasure towards a product, because that would be flamebait for the people who like said product.

And of course there's no room for real conversation, that's why it's a status update instead of a thread.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

It's because nobody cares about this forum anymore.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

They really should fix that 404 error.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

I locked it because the status is nothing but flamebait. There is no room for any real conversation, as every system that's still sold in stores sells for MSRP or under on eBay, as is the norm for an auction site where people can list their item for whatever they want. 

"Again, not inappropriate or foul, just a simple disagreement and statement of my opinion." It's not even an opinion, it's just flamebait towards Microsoft/Xbone fans here.

This is a Wii U forum, so I'm assuming a bit of Nintendo fanboyism is allowed.  I posted what I did because I assumed (again, this being a Wii U forum) that many people would also find it funny, and that those who didn't would remember that this is a Wii U forum and exercise restraint by simply not replying.

And you still don't seem to get the original point.  It's emphatically not normal for a brand new, super-hyped console, that is sold out at most retailers, to be selling at or below MSRP on eBay as a relatively normal occurence.  The fact that eBay resellers are having to lower their prices almost across the board is indicative of their being little demand for Xbone compared to, for example, PS4, which seems to be regularly selling above MSRP on eBay because the sellers can raise their prices and still count on getting a sale due to low supply.  I called your comparison to 3DS clueless because it totally ignores this concept.  The 3DS was released several years ago and is in high supply, thus requiring lower prices to entice eBay buyers.  

And of course there's no room for real conversation, that's why it's a status update instead of a thread.

^^^^^^ Thanks.  I am very annoyed by the abuse of the message boards here for things that should be status updates and try to use the status when appropriate.  

Edited by kokirii, 22 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#8 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I referred to you in the third person so that my response wouldn't be confused with being a response to anybody else, sorry you found that "immature" 

is it really "bait" if its actually true? i actually found it pretty interesting. if people are just plain fanboys and cant handle the truth, then just let them be fanboys. maybe the "way to go, ms" wasn't needed but it wasn't like just saying "haha xbox ones are such trash they are selling below MSRP."  

bb0.gif

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

is it really "bait" if its actually true? i actually found it pretty interesting. if people are just plain fanboys and cant handle the truth, then just let them be fanboys. maybe the "way to go, ms" wasn't needed but it wasn't like just saying "haha xbox ones are such trash they are selling below MSRP."  

Yeah, it was definitely a fanboy jab at MS but it was based in reality.  Brand new console being sold by resellers at or below MSRP is not a good thing. 

Edited by kokirii, 23 December 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

http://thewiiu.com/s...status_id=27029

http://thewiiu.com/s...status_id=27030

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

BANNED.

#12 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

As probably one of 2 people who support the Xbox One on this forum, I've learned to get over the fanboyism on here. It's to be expected. At the end of the day, I'm gonna enjoy what I want and it's the same for other people. Needless to say, comments like that only bait people who are looking to argue and are insecure about their product of choice.

#13 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think the whole "no room for real conversation" is completely inapplicable to this situation. It's a status update. The point is just to post your random thoughts so you don't have o do it on the message boards. If that's a genuine reason for locking a status then every time someone posts that they're tired or going to bed or something then the status. In fact we might as well remove the ability to remove statuses since if the point is to create "real conversation" (whatever that means) since that's also the point of the boards.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#14 Leland

Leland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think the whole "no room for real conversation" is completely inapplicable to this situation. It's a status update. The point is just to post your random thoughts so you don't have o do it on the message boards. If that's a genuine reason for locking a status then every time someone posts that they're tired or going to bed or something then the status. In fact we might as well remove the ability to remove statuses since if the point is to create "real conversation" (whatever that means) since that's also the point of the boards.

This. I suppose it is bit of an immature jab at Microsoft owners, but I think moderators should be above letting their emotions interfere with their job here.

As an aside, moderator abuse seems to be an all too-common occurrence on this site. I've seen several instances of moderators taking threads off-topic, starting arguments, flaming and silencing users who disagree with them. I remember bookmarking a page from this site where someone posted an interesting technical video about the PS4, only to find the thread removed later after a mod got overly emotional about what a couple of users were posting and completely derailed the thread. If you guys can't even follow your own rules, you should hand off the job to someone with the maturity to do it properly (in my opinion).

#15 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

This. I suppose it is bit of an immature jab at Microsoft owners, but I think moderators should be above letting their emotions interfere with their job here.

As an aside, moderator abuse seems to be an all too-common occurrence on this site. I've seen several instances of moderators taking threads off-topic, starting arguments, flaming and silencing users who disagree with them. I remember bookmarking a page from this site where someone posted an interesting technical video about the PS4, only to find the thread removed later after a mod got overly emotional about what a couple of users were posting and completely derailed the thread. If you guys can't even follow your own rules, you should hand off the job to someone with the maturity to do it properly (in my opinion).

If you find other moderator abuse, I would like for you to report it to me.  I will be stepping down as admin very soon, so I would like to be able to "take care" of certain instances if I must before I step down.

#16 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

If you find other moderator abuse, I would like for you to report it to me.  I will be stepping down as admin very soon, so I would like to be able to "take care" of certain instances if I must before I step down.

Wait, are you becoming a mod or something? It would kinda suck not see you around here. :(

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

Wait, are you becoming a mod or something? It would kinda suck not see you around here. :(

My understanding of the situation (though I could very well be wrong) is that Mourn is stepping down from leadership roles in general from forum, but will still be around as a "regular" member.

He's just pretty busy with that university lyfe (you know, gettin turnt up erry nite, and wheelin all those chicks (mourn's a baller if you didn't know)).

I think (definitely don't quote me on this part) he's hasn't stepped down yet cause feld0 has disowned us, and if he steps down, we'll all be orphans :'(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

We're getting Feld0 back as main admin lulz. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!