Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

The phone numbers and usernames of more than 4.6 million North American Snapchat users have been leaked online. SnapchatDB, an unofficial site run by an anonymous individual or group, allows open access to two files — one an SQL dump, one CSV text — that show details of the photo-sharing app's users alongside their location.

SnapchatDB says the information represents the "vast majority" of Snapchat users' information, but an estimate of Snapchat's user base based on a Pew Research Center study suggests that claim may be false. Early explorers of the data have also reported the database is incomplete. Reddit users report that the area codes represented show that all affected users are based in North America, with only 76 of the 322 area codes in the United States appearing in the leaked database, alongside another two Canadian area codes.

The final two digits of phone numbers have been censored "to minimize spam and abuse," but SnapchatDB says people should "feel free" to contact it for the uncensored database, as it may release it under certain circumstances. Usernames are presented unedited, and SnapchatDB notes that "people tend to use the same username around the web." Those that download the information, it says, can try to "find phone number information associated with Facebook and Twitter accounts, or simply to figure out the phone numbers of people you wish to get in touch with."

http://www.theverge....sernames-leaked

Seriously, lol I'm glad I don't use this POS of an app. It sucks. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Great I finally get a phone and start using this app and this happens.                :l 

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

Lol. I never used this app, but sucks for everyone that has!

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Kik is the ideal app. 

It is number one! 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Snapchat sucks, anyways.

Edited by Fieryguns, 01 January 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#6 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

I miss MSN

#7 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Snapchat is for losers. Why would anyone want a loser's phone number?

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Kik is the ideal app. 

It is number one! 

*Zinix creeps on 12 year olds Confirmed

#9 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

snap chat seems like a really useless app. 

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

i used to use whatsapp but since bbm has been on android i use that, it's much better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!