Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Looks like crap anyway

Man, even SEGA is turning it's back on Nintendo.

You mean Gearbox?

Signature_DK.png

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

It's outselling x1 and p4, by a million or so.

There are about 4.2 million PS4s sold in what was it, six weeks? Two months max. That's about the same number the Wii U sold in an entire year. The PS4 is obviously selling faster, so there's a bigger potential market for that.

No sig.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

There are about 4.2 million PS4s sold in what was it, six weeks? Two months max. That's about the same number the Wii U sold in an entire year. The PS4 is obviously selling faster, so there's a bigger potential market for that.

By that logic, ouya is a gold mine.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

By that logic, ouya is a gold mine.

Why? I'm not up-to-date to that.. thing

CoD Ghosts sales clearly indicates why third party developers wouldn't bother with Wii U ports. It didn't even sell 1% of its total sales on that platform. That's bad, really bad. I didn't expect it to be anything near 10%, but less than 1% is horrible. Third party multiplats just don't do well on the Wii U.

No sig.

#25 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Why? I'm not up-to-date to that.. thing

CoD Ghosts sales clearly indicates why third party developers wouldn't bother with Wii U ports. It didn't even sell 1% of its total sales on that platform. That's bad, really bad. I didn't expect it to be anything near 10%, but less than 1% is horrible. Third party multiplats just don't do well on the Wii U.

Yet around 1 in 9 people who own the console bought the game.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#26 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Okay… Why not? 

Edited by RogueStatus28, 12 January 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#27 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

I just don't care enough. I have said Nintendo should focus on building 3rd party exclusives for Wii U. No 3rd party game is gonna sell well when you have 3 other version that had more TLC put into them. I want Wii U exclusives give me the next bayo 2.

#28 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Good point.  As I mentioned, I think that the Wii U still has a good chance to have a decent sized user base. It just might take it a while.  And who knows, the three consoles might have similar numbers by this time next year still.

No. It's clear that Nintendo's marketing doesn't quite work this time. A lot of people still think that the Wii U is just an addition to the original Wii, even more people are fixated on the idea that the Wii U isn't 'next-gen' and all.

A new Zelda or Metroid game could theoretically raise the sales significantly for a short period of time, but that wouldn't be enough to turn the console's fortunes around. Not without proper marketing.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#29 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

the motion detector would of been good on the gamepad.

#30 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

It's outselling x1 and p4, by a million or so.

A console that's been around for more than a year is outselling consoles that are less than 2 months on the market ? That's a crowning achievement indeed.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#31 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Seriously if this surprises people I can't believe it lol. I and I think many people said Wiiu is a secondary system for which ever system you bought(PC,PS4,X1) and mostly for Nintendo exclusives which by the end of its life span(wiiu) it will probably have a good 20 great experiences.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 12 January 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#32 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

The reasons this game is not coming to the Wii U is simple...

1. It's not just by Sega. The other company doing this is the folks who have worked on those broken Total War Games on PC.Never touched Nintendo.

2. It's not like this is a platformer. These games simply don't sell on Nintendo systems in the first place. Sega's not going to lose money on something that wouldn't work on a Nintendo System.

So you cant thro0w up your hands and say Sega abandoned Nintendo because that is not true.

No. It's clear that Nintendo's marketing doesn't quite work this time. A lot of people still think that the Wii U is just an addition to the original Wii, even more people are fixated on the idea that the Wii U isn't 'next-gen' and all.

A new Zelda or Metroid game could theoretically raise the sales significantly for a short period of time, but that wouldn't be enough to turn the console's fortunes around. Not without proper marketing.

Looks like crap anyway

You mean Gearbox?

Correction: The company is Creative Assembly. I did research and their not even that great of a company. No loss.

Signature_DK.png

#33 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

The game only interested me when I found out you play a Ripley's daughter. Though when I eventually buy it, I will buy it on PC. I didn't buy a Wii U to play multiplatform games.

#34 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

I'm not surprised at all. The backlash to Colonial Marines was so bad they decided to not even ship the Wii U version to various places, Australia included.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!