• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickwhittaker

nickwhittaker

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hi I am new here and looking for some help! Hopefully it's ok to post this here, I am having a serious issue.

Very happy with my Wii U, but the Netflix quality is super subpar. I typically only get about 240/288p. I have managed to get 720p one time since getting the console in December. I have switched the DNS from the default to other options and the MTU from 1400 to 1492 to 1500. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app. I have used several different HDMI ports on my TV. I got a Wii LAN adaptor and used an ethernet cable and didn't get any results. I also turned the Firewall off on my U-verse router and that also didn't make any difference.

I am very disappointed because I love the console but not being able to play Netflix in high quality reliably is upsetting to me.

Since I just learned how to do this I got this info. My Macbook Pro gets 14.1 to 18 Mbps in a recent speed test and the Wii U is getting 7.6 to 8Mbps, which obviously is much slower but Netflix states that it only needs 7 Mbps for Super HD but I have never even experienced 720p :(

Another thing, YouTube, Amazon, and Hulu play in very clear HD ://

Thanks again! Any help would be very, very great.

#2 Dr.Legendaddy

Dr.Legendaddy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • NNID:Dr.Legendaddy
  • Fandom:
    Lucas, Wario, King Triple D

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hello and Welcome! cant help u unfortunately cause in my country that service isnt even provided at all :(

wario_land_4__animated_miniwario_avi_set[7HzG] Our clans website please feel free to check us out or to join us: http://7hzg.webs.com/

We're on many Nintendo and PC Games represented always looking to have a good time together :ph34r:

Steam: DrUSA7

NNID:Dr.Legendaddy, 7HzG_Legendaddy(BLOPSII)

#3 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to the forums. I have slow internet so I always watch Netflix in 10p :P

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

Welcome! ;) 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wii U, netflix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!