Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Nah, they are doing fine.

#3 chillv

chillv

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Well, I personally feel people need to just let Nintendo do whatever they are doing because obviously all of this complaining on the internet is not really going to do anything and hasn't ever done anything.

Anyway, I personally don't like competition, especially in stuff like this. Mostly because it can lead to some terrible conceqences. Examples are but are not limited to... copy-catting, "me-too" products, rushed releases (which can lead to other bad things), and taking ridiculous risks financially.

I feel that every company should just do their own thing and not worry so much about what others are doing. To be honest, I don't really see the other companies two competing with each other at all. It really just seems to be the gamers with this competition stuff.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Sorry but it is not just gamers...

http://n4g.com/news/...cking-xboxs-ass

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Apple would not be Apple had they listened to people like me who hate them. They did what they do,do it well and it's not the norm. MS has been trying to copy Apple last few years and it has put them in a carp pool of people running around ith thier hair on fire. Sony copied Wii with Move and move sold like crud. MS offered Kinect which was in the same area but very different and sold pretty decent. When struggling the last thing you do is slap something together to be like the other guys. Ask SEGA Saturn how that worked out. One excepton is the Nintendo DS. Sony when PS3 was dooming them and was the hot thing to mock Sony PS3 suxxxorz and haz no gaymz. Sony was under heavy fire. They got some new marketing,got thier heads together and pushed steady and with a couple years they were doing ok. Now PS3 is great.

Nintendo with Wii U just needs to keep up the marketing and push more ads out.(kinda wish they were less goofy but they are advertising at least) release a steady flow of games this year,advertise every single one to the point people hate seeing them on TV without owning those games. When Wii launched Nintendo spent $200 Milion in advertising and the Wii would like to play ads did very well. They need to spend a great deal of money. Facebook,IGN,Mobile apps,Youtube and most important TV. Saturday mornings advertise the pitch ads. Weeknights have a new ad campaign geared more towards adults. Show Wii Fit U,some 3rd party games,TVii,Video Apps and Chat.

LOL @ N4G they should just rename that site to Sony Fanboy ego stroker. Good or bad Sony fans gather there to praise themselves.

Edited by Ryudo, 20 January 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Apple would not be Apple had they listened to people like me who hate them. They did what they do,do it well and it's not the norm. MS has been trying to copy Apple last few years and it has put them in a carp pool of people running around ith thier hair on fire. Sony copied Wii with Move and move sold like crud. MS offered Kinect which was in the same area but very different and sold pretty decent. When struggling the last thing you do is slap something together to be like the other guys. Ask SEGA Saturn how that worked out. One excepton is the Nintendo DS. Sony when PS3 was dooming them and was the hot thing to mock Sony PS3 suxxxorz and haz no gaymz. Sony was under heavy fire. They got some new marketing,got thier heads together and pushed steady and with a couple years they were doing ok. Now PS3 is great.

Nintendo with Wii U just needs to keep up the marketing and push more ads out.(kinda wish they were less goofy but they are advertising at least) release a steady flow of games this year,advertise every single one to the point people hate seeing them on TV without owning those games. When Wii launched Nintendo spent $200 Milion in advertising and the Wii would like to play ads did very well. They need to spend a great deal of money. Facebook,IGN,Mobile apps,Youtube and most important TV. Saturday mornings advertise the pitch ads. Weeknights have a new ad campaign geared more towards adults. Show Wii Fit U,some 3rd party games,TVii,Video Apps and Chat.

LOL @ N4G they should just rename that site to Sony Fanboy ego stroker. Good or bad Sony fans gather there to praise themselves.

I agree about n4g and there are mMANY other sites like that. I think the thing people don't understand is knowing is asking Nintendo to copy/paste Sony. Its just some of their practices are outdated. In a tech world where you can find specs for every single product you want to buy they say no we won't release specs they don't matter. The negativity that has followed WiiU since it launched Nintendo didn't do/say anything to back THEIR console. All the developers winning and saying its underpowered they should have spoken up. Its a great console and yes I do thinking marketing will help a lot. The main problem I have with Nintendo lately is they seem out of touch and ALL talk. I don't believe a word that comes out of Iwata mouth. You need to show action Nintendo.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:21 AM

Reggie said they were competing with sony and ms back at e3 2010 or 11 the one with the "is it just a new controller?" idiocy.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Competition is good and competition means a better product range for the consumer. The success of the 360 in almost halving Sony's market share led Sony to creating the PS4 console.

The problem with Nintendo is that they chased after a completely different market with the Wii, got that market and sold 100 million plus Wii's, however I get the sense with the Wii U that they tried to chase after a market that is contested by Microsoft and Sony. That hasn't worked out so well, so Nintendo is left chasing after a market segment which isn't really there anymore and if that market segment is still there, the Wii U isn't the product that market segment wants.

People keep saying Nintendo will be alright, Nintendo should carry on as usual and the problem with that is that Nintendo is losing both money and market share in the home console market.

My major worry for Nintendo in the home console market is that they are fast becoming irrelevant. Give it a month and the PS4 will have probably outsold the Wii U in worldwide sales with the Xbox One not far behind.

Also Nintendo may yet receive an extra competitor in the Steam Machine which may or may not have an impact on the console market.

While I applaud Nintendo for marching to the beat of their own drum, it seems from the outside at least that they are becoming very isolated in this industry and that's not necessarily a good thing.

#9 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

I feel Nintendo should just go out and straight up blast Sony and Microsoft cause the dude on the vid is right. They do have the material to back things ups like being able to play old games on the system and the virtual console plus franchises that seem to always be good.

#10 Law212

Law212

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Nintendo should just do their thing and not worry about Sony and MS. They should have known that coming out with the Wii U when they did, that they wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with the other two companies hardware wise.

People buy a Nintendo for what Nintendo is good at.

I personally wouldn't buy a Wii U as my only gaming console. I buy it for Nintendo exclusives. That's it. I wont play battlefield, or call of duty, or any other multiplat title on my Wii U.

They need to start rolling out the games that make Nintendo great and that keeps people buying Nintendo systems.

There is not much reason to really buy a Wii U right now, for the same reason there is no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbone. No games.

If Nintendo would start rolling out their quality games, then things would change.

#11 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Nintendo should just do their thing and not worry about Sony and MS. They should have known that coming out with the Wii U when they did, that they wouldn't be able to go toe to toe with the other two companies hardware wise.

People buy a Nintendo for what Nintendo is good at.

I personally wouldn't buy a Wii U as my only gaming console. I buy it for Nintendo exclusives. That's it. I wont play battlefield, or call of duty, or any other multiplat title on my Wii U.

They need to start rolling out the games that make Nintendo great and that keeps people buying Nintendo systems.

There is not much reason to really buy a Wii U right now, for the same reason there is no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbone. No games.

If Nintendo would start rolling out their quality games, then things would change.

I actually find your response perfect I just wish Nintendo would show some attitude towards their haters sometimes.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Sorry but it is not just gamers...

http://n4g.com/news/...cking-xboxs-ass

N4G is a troll site loaded with clickbait. Next!

Signature_DK.png

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

N4G is a troll site loaded with clickbait. Next!

its fine to have that opinion but what was said by the sony empoyee was what i was referring to.

#14 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I actually find your response perfect I just wish Nintendo would show some attitude towards their haters sometimes.

Most people don't hate Nintendo, most people would love to play Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and all the other great franchises that Nintendo has, but they are just not prepared to buy Nintendo systems because of the gimmicks, because of the lack of third party support and because Nintendo is releasing consoles which don't appeal to them.

The person who said they don't buy Nintendo systems for third party games and they buy other systems to play third party games on. Good for you, you clearly have the disposable income to buy multiple systems, but not everybody has the money to do so. So they'll choose the system which represents the best value for money and in this generation there's only one console that fits that bill and it's the PS4.

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

Most people don't hate Nintendo, most people would love to play Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and all the other great franchises that Nintendo has, but they are just not prepared to buy Nintendo systems because of the gimmicks, because of the lack of third party support and because Nintendo is releasing consoles which don't appeal to them.

The person who said they don't buy Nintendo systems for third party games and they buy other systems to play third party games on. Good for you, you clearly have the disposable income to buy multiple systems, but not everybody has the money to do so. So they'll choose the system which represents the best value for money and in this generation there's only one console that fits that bill and it's the PS4.

I have the money but i refuse to buy more than one console. Nintendo works best for me and my family. I seriously only have time to play through 5 good games a year i mean 100% complete and just enjoying the game. so as much as i think 3rd parties should support Nintendo more its totally fine with me as i will be fine.

#16 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

I have the money but i refuse to buy more than one console. Nintendo works best for me and my family. I seriously only have time to play through 5 good games a year i mean 100% complete and just enjoying the game. so as much as i think 3rd parties should support Nintendo more its totally fine with me as i will be fine.

That's fine, it works for you and that's what matters, but the fact remains that a majority of gamers just aren't interested in what Nintendo is offering.Maybe that will change with the release of more first and second party games, I sure hope it does, but then I thought a lot of games would jump on board the Wii U with the price-drop, the Wind Waker HD release and bundle and Super Mario 3D World release, but this hasn't really been the case. Sure numbers have increased but not as much as I thought they would. I just hope Mario Kart 8 really gives the kind of boost to the Wii U that its predecessor gave to the 3DS.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:02 AM

Of course they need to compete.

Ms and Sony are nintendos competitors.

THEY ARE ALL COMPETING for gamers dollars.

But they may be taking different tactics into the ring with them.

A company or fan saying they arent competing is just a cop out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!