Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Also, we clarified with Nintendo that Tropical Freeze is native 720p (@ 60fps), upscaled to 1080p.

https://twitter.com/...340190731681792

ew

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Filthy

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

YOU GIVE THIS GAME TO RETRO FOR 3+ YEARS AND ALL THEY GIVE ME IN RETURN IS 720p?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What the literal H have they been spending all that time and money on?? 

What is this 2008??  Nintendo.... More like Nindeado (get it because its Nintendo and theyre dead!)

Why take 720p when I can play Ryse at that next gen 900p 

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

YOU GIVE THIS GAME TO RETRO FOR 3+ YEARS AND ALL THEY GIVE ME IN RETURN IS 720p?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What the literal H have they been spending all that time and money on?? 

What is this 2008??  Nintendo.... More like Nindeado (get it because its Nintendo and theyre dead!)

Why take 720p when I can play Ryse at that next gen 900p 

900p is actually an improvement. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Oh snap.

#6 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

more like 420p

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Wow that's actually surprising seeing as Retro put in more than 2 years into this. Oh well Next Gen MADNESS!!!

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

heh, I blame Cranky.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

heh, I blame Cranky.

I blame Nintendo... and whats sad is this game is going to be very good. I like the look of it and those tornado levels look amazing..... but i just want to see Retro work on something new hell anyone of their 1st/2nd party studios.

Edited by GAMER1984, 20 January 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

Proof that Retro is working on another title?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Proof that Retro is working on another title?

well in my opinion i believe 100% they have a good bit of there developers working on whats next. I will buy donkey kong and play it but i am so excited for what they do next DKTF just wasnt what i wanted from them with this hardware.

#12 JPMulvanetti

JPMulvanetti

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill, Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:30 AM

Give me 720p 60 fps over a 1080p stuttering mess any day.

#13 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

Give me 720p 60 fps over a 1080p stuttering mess any day.

Well Rayman legends is a 2d platformer and its running 1080p consistent 60FPS. i mean the game will be good regardless.... but its funny when i think that Iwata had the balls to come out and say he doesnt understand people saying Wii U is underpowered. rayman legends can achieve on your system AND last gen 1080p 60fps... but your built from the ground up 1st party title from one of your best developers wont (i say wont because i know its capable nintendo just doesnt care enough) why is he confused people think its underpowered?

#14 JPMulvanetti

JPMulvanetti

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill, Zelda, Mario,

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Is Rayman native 1080p or upscaled?

**edit**

A very quick google tells me it is native. You have a point there, GAMER1984. I guess my original point is that once the game runs great, I really don't mind. 

Edited by JPMulvanetti, 21 January 2014 - 02:47 AM.

#15 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

Is Rayman native 1080p or upscaled?

**edit**

A very quick google tells me it is native. You have a point there, GAMER1984. I guess my original point is that once the game runs great, I really don't mind. 

NATIVE. i understand what you are saying i am sure i will enjoy the game also. I just think they need to get with the times a little more. You complain people think your console is underpowered and you give us a 720p 2d platformer even 2d platformers from INDIES on the eshop have hit 1080p.... Iwata just doesnt get it. I dont hate him he should stay with the company but he should be replaced as CEO... he doesnt get the modern gamer.

#16 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

Considering when the game started, I imagine some things were locked in early and the resolution was one of them. Helped to get past the early kinks I bet.

Watching more gameplay, there is tons going on at any given moment. It's amazing.

Never was a fan of DK games, but this one will be in my library.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:45 AM

I think 3dude is right. It's cranky's fault. Who wants to see aged gorilla balls in full 1080p?

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

NATIVE. i understand what you are saying i am sure i will enjoy the game also. I just think they need to get with the times a little more. You complain people think your console is underpowered and you give us a 720p 2d platformer even 2d platformers from INDIES on the eshop have hit 1080p.... Iwata just doesnt get it. I dont hate him he should stay with the company but he should be replaced as CEO... he doesnt get the modern gamer.

Eh, rayman was very very very low on the polygons, usually only a single enemy or something onscreen (like the purple/pink dragon), and consisted almost entirely of raster graphics (and on top of that, surprisingly very very low on actual key frames for its animation, compare the animation to say, wario shake it on wii), freeing up massive amounts of both fillrate and flops. While dkcrtf is completely 3d. The games have completely different overhead requirements despite both being 2d platformers. Now that we know the system has 8 rops, you can pretty much stop expecting 1080p 60fps outside of low overhead games, or some lunatic designing a wii u engine ground up out of assembly (I have you straight jacket ready to go vd dev, ya nutters.)

THis is what you can expect.

1080p 60fps: Low overhead games, hd remakes, 3ds to wii u titles.
1080p 30fps: Medium overhead games, more effects and assets than 60 fps games, wwhd for example, gc geometry, with tons of modern shader effects like global illumination simulation via screen space ambient occlusion (very, very well done ssao), contact hardening shadows etc...
720p 60fps: Most nintendo titles, particularly platformers, or racers, or fighters, that look on the level of mk8, or 3dworld, still damn good looking games graphically, whilst mantaining the necessary 60fps for the split second gaming.
720p 30fps: Wii u's showstoppers, the most graphically, largest, grandest scale games on the system, this is where metroid, Zelda and X will end up.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Eh, rayman was very very very low on the polygons, usually only a single enemy or something onscreen (like the purple/pink dragon), and consisted almost entirely of raster graphics (and on top of that, surprisingly very very low on actual key frames for its animation, compare the animation to say, wario shake it on wii), freeing up massive amounts of both fillrate and flops. While dkcrtf is completely 3d. The games have completely different overhead requirements despite both being 2d platformers. Now that we know the system has 8 rops, you can pretty much stop expecting 1080p 60fps outside of low overhead games, or some lunatic designing a wii u engine ground up out of assembly (I have you straight jacket ready to go vd dev, ya nutters.)

THis is what you can expect.

1080p 60fps: Low overhead games, hd remakes, 3ds to wii u titles.
1080p 30fps: Medium overhead games, more effects and assets than 60 fps games, wwhd for example, gc geometry, with tons of modern shader effects like global illumination simulation via screen space ambient occlusion (very, very well done ssao), contact hardening shadows etc...
720p 60fps: Most nintendo titles, particularly platformers, or racers, or fighters, that look on the level of mk8, or 3dworld, still damn good looking games graphically, whilst mantaining the necessary 60fps for the split second gaming.
720p 30fps: Wii u's showstoppers, the most graphically, largest, grandest scale games on the system, this is where metroid, Zelda and X will end up.

Time will tell.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Time will tell.

No, physics and logics are already telling, time will simply confirm.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!