Photo

What could Nintendo do for the Wii U? (please no stupid ideas)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:42 AM

Stop ignoring the people who actually bought/are waiting to buy a wii u, because they are too busy chasing the casuals who arent going to upgrade to wii u.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

I say we need new ips. I get bored of the Mario,Mario,Mario,Mario,Zelda,Mario,Mario.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#23 kickenchicken

kickenchicken

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

If they would update the WiiU OS to support no gamepad, then they could sell the system for much less with a wiimote bundled.

Have the gamepad sold separately or in a bundle.

Have WiiU Sports HD installed or given away with each console. 

#24 affection

affection

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

If they would update the WiiU OS to support no gamepad, then they could sell the system for much less with a wiimote bundled.

Have the gamepad sold separately or in a bundle.

Have WiiU Sports HD installed or given away with each console. 

Yeah, that would be a great idea!

#25 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Should open up the 3ds/ds eshop to work on Wii U.....  might not look that great on a TV but would probably work on the game pad.....

#26 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

The best thing Nintendo could do for the Wii U is to work with Sega and Atlus to bring out of some their dormant IP's onto the Wii U.

#27 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

improve the OS, use that 1 gig of ram, should have litterly NO load times with everything preloaded except the actual game and for the initial time you turn the thing on.  

improve the quality of player interaction. 

invest in marketing, to whatever demographic the game is best made for. 

stop with all the 2d platformers and party games. 

have the E3 press confrence, ninty direct doesnt replace it. 

market. 

increase the # of devteams, not necessarly the size. recemend this to keep high quality games comming out on a more regurler bases. though several dev teams need a more people as is. 

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yep. If they really want they could enablevoice overs through the gamepad mic. Of course, it'd probably have an age limit. Say, if you registered your account as under 14 years old you're not able to upload. That way you wouldn't get as many uneducated 5 year olds making videos (youtube..).

And with the current policing of Miiverse, I can't see too many bad videos getting through. Unlike the PS4 (there was that video of the guy stripping his wife lol).

The thing is, I can't see Nintendo using a popular site like youtube or dailymotion (lol) to upload to, then embedding it to Miiverse. They're just too stubborn. So we'd probably end up with bad loading times and no way to download the videos. 

Honestly i doesn't even matter if they have a direct upload. In fact it might even be better if the just had the file save to your Wii u in a usable video file (for smash the "video" files were actually recorded inputs (i think) which is why they were practically useless) and you could save it to an external hard drive, put it on your CPU and upload it anywhere you want from there. That way 

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

The only thing Nintendo can realistically do is release all of their AAA games and market the system and hope that the consumers will look past their gripes with the Wii U's hardware and jump aboard the great software that will Nintendo will put onto the Wii U.

#30 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

1. Cut price to get more sales
2. Appeal to the more hardcore audience
3. Mario Kart 8
4. Sensor Bar pro, like kinect or ps camera
5. OS redesign

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

well... I got disappointed 1 month ago, that Bethesda decided to make a newer version of skyrim for x1 and ps4, but they didnt even gave a #$#$@$@ about porting even the old version in the wii U.

I dont believe that wii U will have great 3rd support anymore.. http://www.eurogamer...s4-and-xbox-one

Wii U needs many games like X... there is 2 many platformers... I also wonder, why SEGA declined wii U for " alien issolation", that was bad also. http://mynintendonew...-wii-u-version/

Edited by Plutonas, 25 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#32 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

-  Release a Pro Controller with a headset jack

-  Fund more games for Third Party 

-  Party chat 

-  More applications (Spotify, Rdio, etc.)

-  Release a gamepad with better battery life and different colors

- Fire their advertising team

- Donkey Kong 64 Sequel & Acquiring the rights to Conker and getting Kamiya or PG to make a new game.

- Gamecube VC support 

-  Being able to message your friends on the home menu 

- Being able to upload videos to Miiverse 

- Balloon Fighter & Ice Climbers & Mr.Game & Watch remastered in HD and modern graphics 

-  Metroid Prime Online, F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby 3D Game, etc. 

- Never make a  NSMB game again & make Mario Galaxy 3 AND A sequel to Mario 64.

- Wario & Waluigi in a game together 

- New IPs given a chance for full  games (Dillon, Liberty Maiden, Sakurai Samurai, etc)

- Fund No More Heroes 3

- Support Third Party games .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#33 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Isn't there a thread like this?

And it doesn't matter because Nintendo will never listen to any of us.

But if I were then I would :

Market the system as not a child, family only system. The 3rd parts devs don't wanna get on board then they think there have to tone down there games.

Market that the system is not a wii with a different controller. Tell the world it's a new system. Change the logo and maybe even name.

And yes you can do that mid life like the ds, ds lite.

Just name it something else.

Crank out the first party games and make them a must have. Nintendo ha good first party but it always seems the devs crap out on the games.

Epic yarn was cool but you couldn't die.

The Mario games are cool but hell we are in 2014 we need online multiplayer.

And there a few other things they can do. But I can't thing right now.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

Isn't there a thread like this?

And it doesn't matter because Nintendo will never listen to any of us.

there are like a hundred threads like this, but some of them are slightly different I guess so...

And sometimes Nintendo listens to stuff randomly. You never know maybe someone'll see it.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

there are like a hundred threads like this, but some of them are slightly different I guess so...

And sometimes Nintendo listens to stuff randomly. You never know maybe someone'll see it.

Nintendo's janitors do not count.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

well... I got disappointed 1 month ago, that Bethesda decided to make a newer version of skyrim for x1 and ps4, but they didnt even gave a #$#$@$@ about porting even the old version in the wii U.

I dont believe that wii U will have great 3rd support anymore.. http://www.eurogamer...s4-and-xbox-one

Wii U needs many games like X... there is 2 many platformers... I also wonder, why SEGA declined wii U for " alien issolation", that was bad also. http://mynintendonew...-wii-u-version/

Why should Bethesda bother with Nintendo when Nintendo never bothered with Bethesda prior to the launch of the Wii U?  http://www.nintendo-...e-wii-u-reveal/

Mr Hines is spot on here.

#37 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:58 AM

Today i was watching tv and i saw an advirtisment
of assassins creed 4 black flag,
So the whole advirtisment was saying " the best assassins creed 4 is the one on ps3 and ps4 "

So why cant nintendo do this on games like watch dogs or project cars or any other highly anticipated game

#38 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

I'd say some eShop changes need to be in order. There should be at least one Virtual Console game released a week (it's literally just sticking a game into the Virtual Console template, it's not that difficult to release at least a game a week), and have eShop accounts not tied to the console. Plus, cross buy for Virtual Console titles (and maybe other select games like Mighty Switch Force 2, same game on both eShops) would be really great.

#39 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

VC is a good idea but do you buy a console for old games when you can download for free from any rom site

The problem is that wii u is not selling well

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yeah. Add media capabilities like MP3 players or their equivalent streaming services (pandora, spotify, etc.).

Email pandora, the illegal music streaming illegal Mcguffin illegal Wiier Wii beige quilt people, and spotify the people who actually pay royalties to creators and ask them why they don't develop wii u apps?
It's not nintendo's fault unless it's too expensive and they don't see a market there, which is still something nintendo may want.

and they should also disable reigon locking or make devs choose if they want to reigon lock their games or not

Publishers decide that, and guess what?
They decide to lock them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!