Zelda 3DS Graphics

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

So at this point i think we all have heard the news of a new zelda game in development for 3ds. my question is if we all had to guess... how good could the graphics be on this game? a lot depends on what style they use(wind waker, twilight princess, or skyward sword). personally its hard to choose but i actually love the art style of skyward sword. i think putting that on the smaller 3ds screen will look amazing. the question is will this game end up looking better than its big brothers Wii outing???????

#2 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

I bet they'll use the Windwaker style again, but it will probably look like it did on the Gamecube. Which in my opinion would be great, Windwaker's style is really great and it allows quite a bit of flexibility when it comes to hardware so they could no doubt match what the Gamecube was able to offer. Plus it seems to be a theme with Handheld Zelda's to use Windwaker's art to give Zelda a wider appeal. I'd just hope that for once it will be like a full 3D adventure on the handheld and not the isometric view, I loved PH and ST but Ocarina of time was great on the 3DS so a full 3D New Zelda game on the 3DS would be awesomesauce!

Edit: Also I think anything on a big screen TV looks better then on the 3DS so I doubt it will look better then Skyward sword.

Edited by Garolymar, 06 November 2011 - 08:22 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

I bet they'll use the Windwaker style again, but it will probably look like it did on the Gamecube. Which in my opinion would be great, Windwaker's style is really great and it allows quite a bit of flexibility when it comes to hardware so they could no doubt match what the Gamecube was able to offer. Plus it seems to be a theme with Handheld Zelda's to use Windwaker's art to give Zelda a wider appeal. I'd just hope that for once it will be like a full 3D adventure on the handheld and not the isometric view, I loved PH and ST but Ocarina of time was great on the 3DS so a full 3D New Zelda game on the 3DS would be awesomesauce!

Edit: Also I think anything on a big screen TV looks better then on the 3DS so I doubt it will look better then Skyward sword.

agree to disagree.... people have been saying that games look better on the 3ds than Wii. the reason for that IMO is because of the screen size. lets look at monster hunters tri. we have a wii version and a 3ds version. IMO opinion the 3ds version looks better. why is that? yes 3ds can do some things the wii cant but overall Wii is more powerful tech wise.

#4 Nico

Nico

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, etc.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

With how much Nintendo is really pushing the 3D aspect of their handheld, I doubt they'd even think about making an isometric point of view; that simply wouldn't offer very good 3D compared to a fully realized, well, 3-Dimensional adventure.
Posted Image
I like my ponies to be a little mixed up. And with Muffins.

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

I think the art style will be like Wind Walker or something similar to Ocarnia of Time. Aonuma did say it will be more like the console version Zelda games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Wouldn't the same amount of detail look better on a smaller screen?

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Wouldn't the same amount of detail look better on a smaller screen?

exactly what i have been saying. if you were to take something like skyword sword and put it on the 3ds screen with 3d on... it would be close to jaw dropping. at this point i hope they use the skyward sword engine and art style... and more important use every bit of horsepower that they can muster.

#8 Garolymar

Garolymar

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • NNID:Garolymar
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin/ Anything else Nintendo.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

I dunno, when it's so small the adventure looks a lot less epic ya' know. I guess it's really just preference, I like my adventures on a big screen, especially on one that doesn't give me a headache. So looking better to me on a big screen doesn't necessarily mean the games graphical fidelity is worse, it just looks less interesting when it's on such a small system. Another thing I should mention is sound quality, as for Zelda the music plays a big roll for the series. So music will definitely sound better on a Television rather then those small speakers. Then again that's just my preference. And why I think Skyward sword or any home console game generally looks better then the Handheld counterparts.

It's kind of like the theaters, Movies are just so much more thrilling when you see them on the silver screen with a nice sound system.

Edited by Garolymar, 06 November 2011 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

#9 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

I dunno, when it's so small the adventure looks a lot less epic ya' know. I guess it's really just preference, I like my adventures on a big screen, especially on one that doesn't give me a headache. So looking better to me on a big screen doesn't necessarily mean the games graphical fidelity is worse, it just looks less interesting when it's on such a small system. Another thing I should mention is sound quality, as for Zelda the music plays a big roll for the series. So music will definitely sound better on a Television rather then those small speakers. Then again that's just my preference. And why I think Skyward sword or any home console game generally looks better then the Handheld counterparts.

It's kind of like the theaters, Movies are just so much more thrilling when you see them on the silver screen with a nice sound system.

Lol. To me handheld games seem "bigger" because you're closer to the game, noone else here seems to have that preference though :3

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

Lol. To me handheld games seem "bigger" because you're closer to the game, noone else here seems to have that preference though :3

actually i do... and have high hopes for this brand new zelda adventrue on 3ds. dont doubt nintendo ability one bit.... but i just hope they dont dumb it down and take FULL advantage of the horsepower( a la Capcom and resident evil revelations).

#11 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

I think this game will be similar to OoT and Majoras Mask because I think we may see the 3rd part of this story.
Miyamoto and Ounuma have discussed the MM port but decided a new adventure is needed first,so end the trilogy then port MM.
Just a theory.
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#12 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

I recall reading an interview somewhere (I think it was on Zelda Universe, but I can't remember anymore) where Miyamoto or Aonuma said that they'd like to establish the cel-shaded art style as "portable" and leave the realistic style for the "big" console outings. Of course, they won't lock themselves to it as a rule either way (Wind Waker was on the GameCube, and we had the semi-realistic Ocarina of Time make an appearance on the 3DS).

Personally, though, I'd expect the first "original" 3DS Zelda adventure to go cel-shaded - if only because the realistic style would have an infinitely better home on the Wii U.

if you were to take something like skyword sword and put it on the 3ds screen with 3d on... it would be close to jaw dropping.

Skyward Sword isn't jaw-dropping already? :o

Another thing I should mention is sound quality, as for Zelda the music plays a big roll for the series. So music will definitely sound better on a Television rather then those small speakers.

That's why I try to avoid playing on speakers whenever possible. When I put my noise-isolating headphones on, the outside world melts away and I find myself incredibly immersed in the (depth-filled 3D) game world. I get what you mean with the "big theatre" feeling, but with a good pair of headphones, a portable game can feel quite grand, too.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

^ I do not agree. What trilogy? If you mean OoT, Ura Zelda and Zelda64DD, they've already done that as Majora's Mask and Master Quest.

They said they want to do a new Zelda. I would like to think that it will be:
- Oracle of Secrets
- A story closely linked to Skyward Sword
- Something completely and utterly new, in that it does not closely relate to other Zelda games

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean that to you Feld0, it is directed at Katana.
You just went all ninja-pony on me, that's all.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 07 November 2011 - 04:43 AM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

I think that the next Zelda game to be released on the 3DS will have graphics similar to Ocarina of Time 3D, although Nintendo might want to try something different that they haven't done before with the first 3DS Zelda title.

#15 Jonke

Jonke

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • NNID:Jonke5
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Pony, Anime

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

I would prefer the Cel-shaded style for the next Zelda 3DS game. It just look so much better on small screens. Nintendo should keep the more mature/dark graphic for the home consoles since the resolutions will be much higher. (Wii U (1080p) , 3DS resolutions (800x240 with 3D off))

#16 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

I want Wind Waker graphics, but I think they'll use a new art style.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#17 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

^ I do not agree. What trilogy? If you mean OoT, Ura Zelda and Zelda64DD, they've already done that as Majora's Mask and Master Quest.

They said they want to do a new Zelda. I would like to think that it will be:
- Oracle of Secrets
- A story closely linked to Skyward Sword
- Something completely and utterly new, in that it does not closely relate to other Zelda games

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean that to you Feld0, it is directed at Katana.
You just went all ninja-pony on me, that's all.

I mean a story that follows on from MM (which followed OoT) which would then it would complete a trilogy...then I'f they ported MM on the 3DS you would have that whole story arc.I thought master Quest was OoT with just some small changes to the dungeon designs etc (I played Master Quest on the Cube and struggled to tell the difference half the time) so that cant be classed as a new story arc???
And also they said they want to do a new Zelda because they was being asked about a MM port (Ounuma said he discussed this with Miyamoto and as they had ported OoT they thought a new Zelda game would be preferable to another port)...but that don't mean its gonna be some radical never seen before departure from the Zelda series...it will only be a something like cel shaded or semi-realistic and a different story...and what the hell is a Ninja Pony...???

Edited by Katana, 08 November 2011 - 05:21 AM.

Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#18 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

Didn't you notice Feld0 posted his comment a minute before Auzzie? :) You'll work it out lol

I think it is a little unrealistic to imagine that particular story-line produced as 3 separate parts. You should check out the 'split-timeline' theory for The Legend of Zelda to start with. Majora's Mask was released because OoT was so enormously popular, but that was in many respects to merit the game engine to the greatest extent, and realise Miyamoto's concept ideas about having a 'real world' environment recording events, running in real time and set into everyone's own individual game experience. So, altering of the environment and such like.

I know I have seen a link posted by one of the Guides/Mods recently that shows a video to that particular theory for Zelda's timeline, i'll see if I can try to find it here, or on YouTube.

Anyhow, Auzzie just misunderstood you. It sounds weird speaking of 3 consecutive releases on 3DS (two of which would be re-makes) as a trilogy. I just feel it wouldn't happen, but I get that what you mean by saying trilogy is that these 3 releases, would be just that. Three games on the 3DS all happening to have story in common. It is uncertain to whether they will produce a re-make of MM at all. This may be what they are saying; acknowledging the interest, but opting for a completely new game so to satisfy a new audience, and hope to broaden the appeal of the series. It may be a breakthrough title for the LOZ series!

Anyhow, I think they will go for something completely new, and take good advantage of the 3D. It isn't like the 3DS is limited in hardware, like the DS, so we will certainly not see any isometric style gameplay any time soon! Maybe we will see gameplay similar to OoT or MM, but it will be more advanced. Chances are, it will have a stronger appeal (much like TP) and have an art-style that is well suited to the concept. This has been the case for all Zelda games so far.

[EDIT] SDY posted the video in his own thread here.. http://thewiiu.com/topic/1292-ask-sdy/

...and the edit here...

Edited by Marc, 08 November 2011 - 06:45 AM.

BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

http://mynintendonew...still-possible/

aonuma pretty much says here that the 3DS zelda will be more like console zeldas and not a sequel of spirit tracks :D so that pretty much confirms what i think we all wanted :D
Posted Image

#20 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

New Zelda Game: (Wind Waker-styled) Link must help Tingle become a fairy! Then suddenly, when Link collects the three bottles of fairy potion and Tingle becomes a fairy, Ganon kidnaps Tingle! To unlock Ganon's Castle, Link needs the five keys of Time. He then defeats Ganon! Tingle kisses Link, revealing him to be homosexual, and then THE END! That's totally gonna happen!
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!