• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

"Sony is actively pursuing the ability for older titles to run without the blurry upscaling seen on PS3, suggesting that native HD resolutions are being targeted."

Link: http://uk.ign.com/ar...-game-emulation

Could you use physical PS1/PS2 games or will it be download only is my question, this isn't connected with Playstation Now I don't think. Streaming PS3 games and full BC for older systems sounds like a great move.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

They wouldn't be physical, they'd be digital only.

It says that they won't be using the same emulation that the PS3/PSP/PSVita received, which makes me wonder if those purchases are moot for the PS4. I sure hope not.

I also hope they pick good games. Dark Cloud would be sick.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

PlayStation Now™

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

With current internet speeds, it's more like PlayStation Eventually™

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

Virtual Console™

Stupid Snowmads!

#6 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Chippendale 

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#7 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

They wouldn't be physical, they'd be digital only.

It says that they won't be using the same emulation that the PS3/PSP/PSVita received, which makes me wonder if those purchases are moot for the PS4. I sure hope not.

I also hope they pick good games. Dark Cloud would be sick.

I can guarantee your purchases wouldn't cross over. The reason why everyone's PSN purchases are scrapped when upgrading is simple, they want you to buy them again.

pNgecl.gif

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

But they did do that the PSP, PS3 and Vita, where they all used the same emulation process, and therefore were pretty much the same program file. So I'm wondering if they'd actually alter the program, or they just figured out a slightly better emulation process, in which the latter you could use the same program file, and should follow suit to what you had before.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

But they did do that the PSP, PS3 and Vita, where they all used the same emulation process, and therefore were pretty much the same program file. So I'm wondering if they'd actually alter the program, or they just figured out a slightly better emulation process, in which the latter you could use the same program file, and should follow suit to what you had before.

Yes they did, and the fact that the PS4 currently doesn't tells me that they have every intention of making people rebuy those games, either through playstation now or some other digital method. Same way they got rid of backwards compatibility in the PS3 just to start releasing hd collections and how the Vita lacks a UMD drive and they refused to bring the registration system Japan had.

pNgecl.gif

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they charged me again. Fair enough, I bought the games for play on the PS3 not the PS4. I can't expect to get all the upgrades they provide for games just because I bought them years ago. Imagine the PS6, and complaining that I can't play my ps1 classics I bought when I owned my ps3. Silly.

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

This is precisely why I've gotten into PC gaming, there's no need to worry about backwards compatibility.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!