Photo

Does EA Have Monopoly/Exclusive on NFL Games?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chunter

chunter

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Can any other game company list names of NFL players in their games?  Or does EA have a monopoly on using the NFL license?

IP laws strike again...

#2 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

EA is the only company that can make NFL games unfortunately 

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

They have the exclusive rights to the NFL, which is why we haven't had an NFL2K game in years. That actually sucks, because those were better than Madden, and because only EA can make NFL games, they get so lazy with it.

Disclaimer: I can't stand sports games, but I can tell if they are good or not. NBA 2K14 is loads better than NBA Live 14, and any NFL 2K game is better than any Madden ever.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 01 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

The best football games I've seen are the ncaa ones. the depth to those games is 10 times that of the nfl ones. It's a shame really.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

The deal has technically expired already. NFL 2k5 best football game ever. Despite the deal likely expired EA will probably renew and even if not I'm not sure anyone wants to take Madden head on.

#6 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

The deal ends in the same day of the Super Bowl on this weekend ( but it probably will be renew), i dont like EA, but the NFL is the reason behind this exclusive deal...

There's even rumors that back then NFL didnt take the 2k money (it says that the bid of 2k was much higher then EA) just to take the EA bid.

Even so we have to stick with no options and if we want a nfl game we have to take the Madden franchise.

I mean they are in the right direction, but the improvements of the Madden 25 next-gen should have been around us the last gen and not having to wait since Madden 06 to have a proper game, even with the flaws Madden 25 next gen is almost a solid game.

But im happy with Weber team direction, since now the team dos not have some lazy ass like the liar's Looman or Cummings

But i miss Ortiz and AJ on the team :(

Too bad 2k drop the ball with 2k8 (only on a level of options, costumization etc , because gameplay is the greatest thing ever made)

And i still have a season mode file active on my 2k5

And hope next year Wii u receive the Madden next gen game, i like the next gen Madden this year, and i feel sorry that the game didn't come out for the console :(

Edited by Captain Marvelous, 01 February 2014 - 11:25 AM.

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#7 chunter

chunter

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

so THAT might be part of the reason we haven't seem a proper new Tecmo Bowl Football game!

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

EA don't & won't make any games for the WiiU.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

EA don't & won't make any games for the WiiU.

That moment when not related.

Anyway, no one likes Madden. Everyone loves:

BXwqBmpCcAAHF-Z.jpg

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

That moment when not related.

Anyway, no one likes Madden. Everyone loves:

BXwqBmpCcAAHF-Z.jpg

how did I miss that GEM on the psn pre-order page?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!