Photo

Nintendo & Wii U at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games 2014!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

858x550.jpg

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Good avertising oppurtunity.  Now let  them utilize  it.  They should sponsor it and have the  Wii U logo  everywhere.

No sig.

#3 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Brilliant marketing opportunity, I was worried Nintendo wouldn't bother having any involvement.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I bet you they have casual games only. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

If this helps shift more consoles then who really cares?

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

POPULAR

I'd imagine they only have mario & sonic at the sochi 2014 olympic games 2014 sochi olympic games 2014.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yea, maybe not the best move but good oppertunity none the less.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:57 AM

I'd imagine they only have mario & sonic at the sochi 2014 olympic games 2014 sochi olympic games 2014.

Which is understandable. They could really use the Games to reel in some casuals.

No sig.

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

Yea, maybe not the best move but good oppertunity none the less.

What, why not?

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Which is understandable. They could really use the Games to reel in some casuals.

indeed, if you're at the olypix, u obv. like olympix.
is a good targeted marketing attempt.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

What, why not?

Ah well the Olympic Games have been a controversie lately because of the anti-gay law and everything. Human/gay rights is the first thing the people here think off when you talk about the olympic games in sochi. Ticket sales reportedly have been lower than expected so while it's smart that they are finally marketing their products and games, it might just spark something nobody wants.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Ah well the Olympic Games have been a controversie lately because of the anti-gay law and everything. Human/gay rights is the first thing the people here think off when you talk about the olympic games in sochi. Ticket sales reportedly have been lower than expected so while it's smart that they are finally marketing their products and games, it might just spark something nobody wants.

I don't want to get into a debate or anything but I just want to say that although Russia has these anti-gay laws in place, they are blown way out of proportion by the western media. Putin has even said he welcomes gay people to attend/compete (and why shouldn't he since the law people are talking about only prohibits the promotion of homosexuality to minors?). And on top of that, while we in the west may disagree with these laws and views on homosexuality, the Russian people generally support it. http://www.theguardi...nto-putin-hands

Anyway, at the end of the day this is all politics and shouldn't come into sports or in Nintendo's case, business.

Edited by Hunter, 07 February 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#13 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

I don't want to get into a debate or anything but I just want to say that although Russia has these anti-gay laws in place, they are blown way out of proportion by the western media. Putin has even said he welcomes gay people to attend/compete (and why shouldn't he since the law people are talking about only prohibits the promotion of homosexuality to minors?). And on top of that, while we in the west may disagree with these laws and views on homosexuality, the Russian people generally support it. http://www.theguardi...nto-putin-hands

Anyway, at the end of the day this is all politics and shouldn't come into sports or in Nintendo's case, business.

Oh no, I know. Really we have been on top off it over here, seeing as we have a longstanding collaberation with Russia and all. I was just that things like this tend to get taken out of context and misunderstood and then spread like wild fire, which isn't something proffitable.

#14 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

. Why are we talking about anti-gay politics on this thread?

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

. Why are we talking about anti-gay politics on this thread?

Because the western media don't talk about anything else.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Obama!

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Pretty surprising seeing as it's still illegal to wed in 99% of the US if you're a homosexual.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Pretty surprising seeing as it's still illegal to wed in 99% of the US if you're a homosexual.

Well, that's a false statistic.  But we're surely drifting off the topic of Wii U News

I'm glad to see Nintendo's presence at the games.  And would only imagine they'd promote their latest M&S Olympic title at such a venue.  Now... since they're proving that can figure out a target market at at least one location... let's see what other places they can figure out to get the word out about their hushhush system!

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!