• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

I second this. All in favor of Mourn adding ignore support?

Yeah I threw him on ignore. Everyone else should just do the same. Also he's ignorant to think Wii U hardware is not current gen. It's very powerful maybe not PS4/XBO but it's not far behind at all. Maybe PS2 to GCN/Xbox. I think we have seen Shin'en,3D world Mario Kart,Lost World Sonic Boom and X and Bayonetta 2 the system is plenty capable. If not i want to see 360/ps3 try and run X and Shin'en Wii U games.

But sure let's be like Sony who has cut several divisions and 15,000 jobs and lost billions of $ last 2 years. Or MS losing billions on Xbox division since 2001 and no clue how to run first party studios. Nintendo has faults but they are not doomed the hardware is great,gamepad is great and many games out now to play and more coming.  If he wants that then he should STFU get a PS4 or XBO and go annoy those people on thier forums. His ignorance and idiocy seems to have no bounds here.

Edited by Ryudo, 10 February 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#42 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Yeah I threw him on ignore. Everyone else should just do the same.

my mistake. I'm used to being able to do it straight from the member's profile, not going to the manage ignore list page then search for the user.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#43 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

I really shouldn`t be replying to you, but so much of what you say is just so gosh darned stupid.

Seriously? Gamespot and IGN?

SERIOUSLY?

GAMESPOT.

and I.G.N.

I challenge you to find a WORSE place to find people who 1. actually know crap about the Wii U 2. actually own a Wii U.

I have serious doubt the REVIEWS on those sites have Wii U's sometimes.

I read the comments sections and the fact is the gamers who post in the comments sections don't like the Wii U. Now you may not like them, the systems they play on or the games that they play, but at the end of the day they are gamers and they don't like what Nintendo is offering with the Wii U.

Hell I'd imagine there are 3DS owners who couldn't care less about the Wii U. They're content with the 3DS which is a fantastic product and deserves all the success and accolades it has been receiving over the last twelve months or so.

There are gamers who are waiting for Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, X and Super Smash Bros, so hopefully the Wii U starts seeing better increases and sustained increases when these games come out, not to mention Zelda.

It seems to me that you just cannot face any constructive criticism of Nintendo. The fact is how a company can go from being a serious player in an industry which it saved to being a bit part, isolated wallflower in twelve/thirteen years of one man's leadership is a cause for concern to me.

Third parties have really abandoned the Wii U, while making games for less powerful systems like the PS3 and 360 and even companies like EA who are money hungry won't even touch the Wii U and as I have said I'd be surprised if Ubisoft announce their next AC games on the Wii U and the same applies to Activision with their next installment of Call of Duty.

Yeah I threw him on ignore. Everyone else should just do the same. Also he's ignorant to think Wii U hardware is not current gen. It's very powerful maybe not PS4/XBO but it's not far behind at all. Maybe PS2 to GCN/Xbox. I think we have seen Shin'en,3D world Mario Kart,Lost World Sonic Boom and X and Bayonetta 2 the system is plenty capable. If not i want to see 360/ps3 try and run X and Shin'en Wii U games.

But sure let's be like Sony who has cut several divisions and 15,000 jobs and lost billions of $ last 2 years. Or MS losing billions on Xbox division since 2001 and no clue how to run first party studios. Nintendo has faults but they are not doomed the hardware is great,gamepad is great and many games out now to play and more coming.  If he wants that then he should STFU get a PS4 or XBO and go annoy those people on thier forums. His ignorance and idiocy seems to have no bounds here.

Your ignorance is outstanding though.

I've never said that the Wii U is not a capable console, nor have I said it is less powerful than the PS3 and 360, you can instantly tell that the Wii U is a much more powerful console than those two consoles.

That said it is not as powerful or as developer friendly as the PS4 and that's the problem, hell the Wii U doesn't even have a blu-ray drive and only has 32GB of flash memory which is also going to put off a lot of developers. Then you compound the fact that Wii U gamers aren't buying third party games in large enough numbers, there's no reason for third party developers to develop games for Nintendo platforms.

Also you're bringing in Sony's financial problems which stem from their other divisions. Granted the PS3 lost Sony a lot of money, it pales into insignificance with just how much their TV, mobile phone and computer divisions have lost them over the past decade what with the rise of Apple and Samsung as well as Canon.

Microsoft have lost a lot of money in the Xbox Division, but this is a corporation that makes an estimated net profit of around $9bn per year. They make in one year what Nintendo will make in twenty years, let's not kid ourselves here. Nintendo is the smallest player in the market and while only $240m will be lost this fiscal year, it serves as a third successive fiscal loss which means that Nintendo's business model of low cost, high profits isn't working and it's due to the fact that they are slow on the ball in releasing software across two devices and they are forcing consumer to pay big bucks for hardware which isn't a patch on the competition.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 10 February 2014 - 02:34 AM.

#44 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

my mistake. I'm used to being able to do it straight from the member's profile, not going to the manage ignore list page then search for the user.

The best part is when not reading his posts then talking about him like he is not here I'm sure it  tittles his nipples in a wad with anger and likely responds to it but ya would never know tee hee.

#45 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

The best part is when not reading his posts then talking about him like he is not here I'm sure it  tittles his nipples in a wad with anger and likely responds to it but ya would never know tee hee.

Why would it annoy me? At the end of the day when Nintendo becomes irrelevant in the home console market and pulls out due to the fact its hardware and software no longer means Nintendo can gain a profit, I won't care, I'll simply just carry on using their handhelds and carry on PC gaming.

You're the one who will be crying as you'll have one less device to play on.

#46 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

That said it is not as powerful or as developer friendly as the PS4 and that's the problem, hell the Wii U doesn't even have a blu-ray drive and only has 32GB of flash memory which is also going to put off a lot of developers. Then you compound the fact that Wii U gamers aren't buying third party games in large enough numbers, there's no reason for third party developers to develop games for Nintendo platforms.

Why does it matter if the WiiU has a Blu-ray drive? I never got that, neither with Xbox and Playstation. Yes it's nice I can watch my movies on it but I have dedicated hardware for that. And doesn't the 32GB of Flash memory keep it cheap? What exactly is off putting about it?  I've only used like 2/10 of it.

There isn't a reason for third party's to develop for the U because their expectation are too high. They expect 4 million sales with a 5 million user base, while their games aren't that appealing to that user base. I'm going off by CoD here for the simplicity, high sales on PS/Xbox -> must have high sales on U. There are great third party's on the U, Batman and AC are games I finally got to play but the when you look at the bigger picture the U will always be put down with a gimped version. Even when it's not the case. The small install base and low game stream means customers are critical off what they buy. So while they won't buy challenge maps but would have bought story DLC (Batman Origins). Sadly this has put U owners in a viscous circle.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#47 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

I was debating whether or not I really wanted to ignore him. This comment sounded so glorious I've made my mind up to do it :D

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#48 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Why does it matter if the WiiU has a Blu-ray drive? I never got that, neither with Xbox and Playstation. Yes it's nice I can watch my movies on it but I have dedicated hardware for that. And doesn't the 32GB of Flash memory keep it cheap? What exactly is off putting about it?  I've only used like 2/10 of it.

There isn't a reason for third party's to develop for the U because their expectation are too high. They expect 4 million sales with a 5 million user base, while their games aren't that appealing to that user base. I'm going off by CoD here for the simplicity, high sales on PS/Xbox -> must have high sales on U. There are great third party's on the U, Batman and AC are games I finally got to play but the when you look at the bigger picture the U will always be put down with a gimped version. Even when it's not the case. The small install base and low game stream means customers are critical off what they buy. So while they won't buy challenge maps but would have bought story DLC (Batman Origins). Sadly this has put U owners in a viscous circle.

The Wii U should have a blu-ray drive because the other console manufacturers have blu-ray drives. Blu-ray is replacing the standard DVD-Rom drive in the console industry. This decision not to incorporate a blu-ray drive was just a cost-cutting decision by Nintendo and then they have the 32GB flash memory, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but the fact is they are pushing digital downloading in a big way and yet expect you to spend more of your money on an external harddrive. I'm sorry, but the console should have had at least a 250GB harddrive, but again it was yet another cost cutting measure by Nintendo. 

I do agree with you about the heightened expectations of developers when it comes to sales figures on the Wii U, but the fact remains that if I'm CEO of Ubisoft and I've released great games like Zombi U, Assassin's Creed IV and Rayman Legends and I see that my games are struggling to sell on the Wii U while casual games like Wii Party U have shifted double/treble/quadruple my sales figures, I'd be pretty annoyed and I'd assume that Wii U gamers just don't want our products, therefore it is pointless releasing those games on the platform as the corporation can never hope to get a return on their investment.

When the Wii U lifecycle ends I'll be surprised if there is more than two third party games in the top ten best selling games on the platform. 

#49 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

The Wii U should have a blu-ray drive because the other console manufacturers have blu-ray drives. Blu-ray is replacing the standard DVD-Rom drive in the console industry. This decision not to incorporate a blu-ray drive was just a cost-cutting decision by Nintendo and then they have the 32GB flash memory, which wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but the fact is they are pushing digital downloading in a big way and yet expect you to spend more of your money on an external harddrive. I'm sorry, but the console should have had at least a 250GB harddrive, but again it was yet another cost cutting measure by Nintendo. 

I do agree with you about the heightened expectations of developers when it comes to sales figures on the Wii U, but the fact remains that if I'm CEO of Ubisoft and I've released great games like Zombi U, Assassin's Creed IV and Rayman Legends and I see that my games are struggling to sell on the Wii U while casual games like Wii Party U have shifted double/treble/quadruple my sales figures, I'd be pretty annoyed and I'd assume that Wii U gamers just don't want our products, therefore it is pointless releasing those games on the platform as the corporation can never hope to get a return on their investment.

When the Wii U lifecycle ends I'll be surprised if there is more than two third party games in the top ten best selling games on the platform.

As far as I know Nintendo utilises custom disc that have the same capacity as blu-ray discs so why is that big a problem? If it's cheap you'd think developers would be glad/happy to use it. They are pushing digital downloads but it still isn't as big as on the other consoles and most people still buy their games, I haven't seen many people that are in need of an external Hard-Drive. Should they be in need off one they'll probably already have one so I really don't see the problem. Had they added al these things that would have upped the price quite a bit, would you have bought a 350/400 console when there is the PS4 for roughly the same price only a year away? The low price is part off the appeal (eventought 200/250 is still expensive).

Rayman Legends started as an exclusive and everyone was excited, later on they decided to make it multi-plat and hold the game back quite a while. That resulted in an decrease in loyalty, AC: Black Flag's DLC got cut, decrease in loyalty. ZombiU just had bad luck that it was a launch game. The cassual games might be bought more but sure as hell aren't played outside of a party or family meeting. The U is stuck in Limbo, not appealing to the cassual gamers and neither to the 'hardcore' gamer. The cassual games work better on the U so when I got the choice between an great but gimped game or an less great but full game, I'd choose the full game.

Yes watching from a Top-Down perspective I'd probably make the same call, but then at least quit totally and not deliver half work. The first thing that should happen is for Nintendo to get str8 what their console is and for who. From there on they release more games/quicklier and seeing as it's an Nintendo console, what Third Party in which top ten xD

#50 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

As far as I know Nintendo utilises custom disc that have the same capacity as blu-ray discs so why is that big a problem?

Because he actually thinks wii u uses dvd's, when it really uses proprietary blue-rays. Such misconceptions are the basis of most of his arguments.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#51 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

Because he actually thinks wii u uses dvd's, when it really uses proprietary blue-rays. Such misconceptions are the basis of most of his arguments.

Is the Wii U disc drive the same as the PS4 and Xbox One disc drive? Also what other misconceptions have I presented? I find on this forum that I am often misunderstood, misquoted, have insults thrown in my direction and I'm also being ignored for raising quite valid points about Nintendo.

The fact remains that the Wii U is not a worthwhile choice of console for the traditional gamer. The only people who have bought one are die hard Nintendo fanboys and girls and idiots like myself who were duped by their E3 direct conference. 

#52 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

Is the Wii U disc drive the same as the PS4 and Xbox One disc drive? Also what other misconceptions have I presented? I find on this forum that I am often misunderstood, misquoted, have insults thrown in my direction and I'm also being ignored for raising quite valid points about Nintendo.

The fact remains that the Wii U is not a worthwhile choice of console for the traditional gamer. The only people who have bought one are die hard Nintendo fanboys and girls and idiots like myself who were duped by their E3 direct conference.

Riiiiigghhhhhttt.... So misunderstood.

Please, you are a narrative driving pusher who constantly repeats the same nonsense over and over and over again, never changing, regaurdless of what you quote or respond too, often leaving your never changing, repeating responses completely out of context compared to what you are supposedly responding too, like some companies PR. You are one of those thinly disguised fanboys whos so loopy you could pass as an astroturfer, which is why half the forum has put you on ignore.

And yes, if your use of 'the same' is 'is it a blue ray drive' the ps3, wii u, ps4, and xbone all have blue ray drives.

Although the wii u, ps4, and xbone blue ray drives are 3x+ faster than the ps3's.

And in answer your next irritatingly predictable argument in your narrative, the reason the wii u blue ray drive doesnt play blue ray movies is because Nintendo didnt pay for the license to play blue ray movies, so the wii u doesnt have a movie codec, something that could easily be added in a firmware update since it exists soley in software... Or like the original wii and playing dvd's, by homebrew.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#53 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Would you mind telling me what corporation I am supposed to be a fanboy for exactly? 

The fact is that you Nintendo loyalists just cannot accept that Nintendo has made a huge boo-boo with the Wii U. Iwata is potentially destroying Nintendo's future in the home console market with this weird obsession with underpowered hardware glossed over with a gimmicky controller or feature and casual games for casual gamers. Nintendo hasn't modernised while its competitors have and guess what? They're always playing catch up. 

As for half the forum ignoring me, that's fine, they can do as they wish, half of them are so unintelligent that all they can do is throw about insults as they have no clue how to have a constructive discussion with someone who has a differing opinion. 

The Wii U will more than likely flop and those who say "well Nintendo has enough money in the bank" are missing the point. Nintendo is already losing consumer faith. They've lost the casual market and the traditional gaming community want virtually nothing to do with Nintendo as long as Nintendo is pushing underpowered hardware glossed over with gimmicky peripherals and features while ignoring their more mature franchises like Fzero, Star Fox and Metroid in favour of utter tripe like Wii Fit U and Wii Party U. 

Nintendo needs to decide whether or not the casual gamer is really worth all this hardship over because I don't think they are and I dread to think what under-powered gimmicky hardware that Nintendo will be pushing on their next console, all I know is I sure as hell won't be buying it.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. 

Edited by SailtheSeas, 11 February 2014 - 04:50 AM.

#54 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

How where you duped by Nintendo's E3 direct confrence?

#55 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

How where you duped by Nintendo's E3 direct confrence?

They showed X at E3 2013 and I assumed that would be coming out in 2014 and there is no news on the game. Is still even in production? I really got pumped for the Wii U and fast forward seven months later, I'm left feeling rather disappointed. 

I just hope Bayonetta 2 comes out this year along with Super Smash Bros. 

#56 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

They showed X at E3 2013 and I assumed that would be coming out in 2014 and there is no news on the game. Is still even in production? I really got pumped for the Wii U and fast forward seven months later, I'm left feeling rather disappointed. 

I just hope Bayonetta 2 comes out this year along with Super Smash Bros.

So your own assumptions bit you in the ass, that isn't nescensairly Ninentdo's fault. All they did is say, these games are being worked on they are not all kiddy.

#57 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

So your own assumptions bit you in the ass, that isn't nescensairly Ninentdo's fault. All they did is say, these games are being worked on they are not all kiddy.

Yep and Nintendo's decision to show case games that are nowhere near completion. As I say I won't ever purchase another Nintendo home console. 

#58 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Yep and Nintendo's decision to show case games that are nowhere near completion. As I say I won't ever purchase another Nintendo home console.

That's generating hype isn't it, loads off games do that these days.

#59 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Lol so playing and owning multiple consoles since 1987 but now I'm not a traditional gamer because I chose Wii U. It keeps getting funnier.

#60 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

That's generating hype isn't it, loads off games do that these days.

Absolutely, just not years before they are due out. 

I do blame myself though for being stupid, that is something I cannot blame Nintendo for. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!