Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII takes the kitchen-sink approach in its attempt to cap off Square’s trilogy on a strong note. It wisely throws away the battle system and locations of the previous games in favor of fresh and more interesting mechanics and settings. It also presents a slew of new ideas to the series that call back to everything from classic JRPGs to Skyrim and Majora’s Mask, and even Assassin’s Creed. But in its attempt to kick things up for the final act, Lightning Returns stumbles in its storytelling. Instead of going out with a bang, it sadly ends the trilogy with an muddled and tonally inconsistent whimper.

The best thing about my 30-hour odyssey with Lightning is its refreshing new take on the battle system. Any fears I had that having only one party member and a newfound emphasis on action would diminish the experience were completely gone in the first 30 minutes. Though Lightning stands alone front and center in most fights, Square wisely captures the spirit of classic RPGs by allowing you to equip and customize a trio of Schemata, which each act like a different party member. Each form has its own unique look, attacks, and ATB meter, all of which are incredibly customizable.

http://www.ign.com/a...asy-xiii-review

Will spend money on Bravely Default. 

Edited by U Mirin' Brah?, 10 February 2014 - 08:44 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Couldn't care less about Bravely Default. Will not spend money.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Oh god.

I don't want to hear Sol rant about how this was the best thing since Okami in the chat.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Looks like Lightning will NOT be returning to Final Fantasy XIII.

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Couldn't care less about Bravely Default. Will not spend money.

You cared enough to make this post though. 

Looks like Lightning will NOT be returning to Final Fantasy XIII.

The thing I find funny about that title is that it always makes me wonder when the hell did Lighting ever leave? They've been shoving her down our throats for like four years now. 

pNgecl.gif

#6 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

You cared enough to make this post though. 

The thing I find funny about that title is that it always makes me wonder when the hell did Lighting ever leave? They've been shoving her down our throats for like four years now. 

That makes no sense. I only made a post about it because he mentioned it. I don't care about the game but I do care that people know I don't care. How do you not understand this? It's not the game I care enough to post about it's the people I care enough to post to.

She turned into crystals for hundreds or thousands of years I believe.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#7 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Oh god.

I don't want to hear Sol rant about how this was the best thing since Okami in the chat.

I bet you also don't wanna hear me rant about how Final Fantasy XIII is the antichrist either.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#8 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

That makes no sense. I only made a post about it because he mentioned it. I don't care about the game but I do care that people know I don't care. How do you not understand this? It's not the game I care enough to post about it's the people I care enough to post to.

She turned into crystals for hundreds or thousands of years I believe.

So you don't care about the game, but you're going to make sure that people know you don't care about the game. I feel like if you truly didn't care then you wouldn't care that anonymous strangers on the internet know how much you allegedly don't care. 

pNgecl.gif

#9 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

794144.png?13383682

#10 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

So you don't care about the game, but you're going to make sure that people know you don't care about the game. I feel like if you truly didn't care then you wouldn't care that anonymous strangers on the internet know how much you allegedly don't care. 

I don't care if you think that I care.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

They scored it too high

#12 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I don't care if you think that I care.

There's a lot of caring in there somewhere. 

They scored it too high

Not really. Keep in mind they're using the 'modern' gaming scale of 6.0 to 10. 

pNgecl.gif

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

They scored it too high

A 7 is as low as they can rate it without fearing a squeenix black list.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

check out gamespot lol

God I love FF, but I am so glad the abomination known as XIII is finally being shot out behind the shed. Good riddance.

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Final Fantasy 13-3 is the greatest Dressing Sim I've ever played, what are these IGN guys smoking?

Edited by Miss Understanding, 12 February 2014 - 08:52 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!