Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

A quote from them

AE Games is a brand new game developer, based in North Carolina. Our desire is to create great games, specifically designed around Nintendo systems; starting with the Wii U! Instead of treating the Wii U as an afterthought like many developers/publishers have, it is going to be our focus.

What has been the picture of third party support on the Wii U? It seems that late DLC, no DLC, missing modes, and selling last year’s game as this year’s, has been the way to go. Then follow that up with trying to justify poor sales by blaming consumers (or, even Nintendo), and canceling or delaying future titles? There are examples of publisher support that shouldn’t be forgotten, wonderfully terrible examples in our opinion. How about a publisher releasing one game from a series on the Wii U for $60, but selling the entire series in a bundle on other consoles for the same price as the Wii U’s single game version? And how about one publisher releasing the exact same game on all consoles at the same time, but pricing the Wii U version nearly 70% more than the other versions? Or, now even a more recent example, delaying only the Wii U version of a game that was already previously announced; despite the publisher doing exactly the opposite with a certain Wii U game in 2013?

Not only was/is this actively sabotaging sales of those Wii U games by the publishers in our opinion, but it was apparently assuming most Wii U owners in 2012, 2013, and even now in 2014 would be ignorant of those things (we guess?), or not care about them?

We are tired of hearing excuses from so many third party developers and publishers in regards to supporting the Wii U. We think it’s a shame so many third party developers and publishers have provided excuses for not supporting the system, instead of providing examples. There’s really only one way to dice some third party support of Nintendo systems: can’t never could, and never will.

But, if you own a Wii U, you likely know that there have been some developers that have really taken their time in developing Wii U games, and been able to show some of the system’s strengths. We hope to become a part of the developers that have shown how to make games better, on the Wii U with the Wii U GamePad.

While the foundation of our company has started in central North Carolina, we will be using talent from around the world to bring great games to the Wii U (and hopefully, other Nintendo systems). We will be revealing our very first game in development for the Wii U, this Friday! Will you be hit by one of Cupid’s arrows when you see it, and fall in love with the idea behind it? We hope so!

You can follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and feel free to checkout our site, AEGames.net, for more updates and contact information! Join us in celebrating the Wii U this week, and show your appreciation for the Wii U on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, using the hashtags #WeLoveWiiU.

I've seen a lot of ninty fans saying "hallelujah" over these guys but I'm gonna be honest, I think these guys are fake, either that or they've very amateurish and tbh slightly fanboyish imo haha.

Guess we'll see friday but I'm expecting either a laugh or a look of disappointment, not sure which 

Also just look at their website Aegame.net

why is something like a blogspot (is that a blogging thing or am I making that up?) 

Surely the website should be more professional? 

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 11 February 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#2 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

this all seems very strange  :huh:

#3 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

If this was a professional company they wouldn't have taken such obvious jabs at Ubisoft and EA. It's simply not professional. I'm calling either a fake, of a decent to bad indie game

#4 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Now thats some shots fired!!

I think its a joke (funny joke to tell you the truth)

This all thing looks fake as hell

But i guess we will see...

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

If this was a professional company they wouldn't have taken such obvious jabs at Ubisoft and EA. It's simply not professional. I'm calling either a fake, of a decent to bad indie game

Professional? You want to talk about professionalism yet you forget an EA developer called the Wii U "Crap" , and that's just the tip of the iceberg. If EA was such a professional company they wouldn't have taken such obvious jabs at Nintendo and the Wii U. I don't see any name calling coming from AE games, just simply stating what most Wii U gamers know and feel.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

I'm slightly optimistic about this. If these guys are serious, this could end quite well. They've definitely fired some shots.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I would love for a known developer to speak out like this... But who am I kidding. Even Shin'en is about to go multiplatform.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

A quote from them

AE

Surely the website should be more professional?

I think some people are missing the joke here.

E
A

A
E

also, http://www.ae-mobile.com
These folk exist, but I doubt it has anything to do with them.

If this leads to a real game, I imagine it'll be bad, as it seems to be revolving around the idea of love, cupid, and the timing being valentines day screams cash-in.
Hope I'm wrong though, as this is an ethos I'd love to support.

Edited by Nollog, 11 February 2014 - 11:20 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

lmao. Great jab at ea. Well deserved too.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

this all seems very strange  :huh:

That`S what i thought, too. Weird for a stranger coming out like that.

I think some people are missing the joke here.

E
A

A
E

also, http://www.ae-mobile.com
These folk exist, but I doubt it has anything to do with them.

If this leads to a real game, I imagine it'll be bad, as it seems to be revolving around the idea of love, cupid, and the timing being valentines day screams cash-in.
Hope I'm wrong though, as this is an ethos I'd love to support.

Actually, this is their site: AEGames.net

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

That`S what i thought, too. Weird for a stranger coming out like that.

Actually, this is their site: AEGames.net

Yeah, but I searched ae games and the mobile company came up, I was saying they might be the same people.
But I doubt it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Their message is a nice one. IMO, they are totally right.  However, I fear t he games will be  crap and in the  end they changed nothing. They can't deliver a simple 2D  indie game, they need to deliver something that can compete with  the  studios  they jabbed.

No sig.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Their message is a nice one. IMO, they are totally right.  However, I fear t he games will be  crap and in the  end they changed nothing. They can't deliver a simple 2D  indie game, they need to deliver something that can compete with  the  studios  they jabbed.

I expect a touch touch game, like flappy bird or something.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

EA is such a garbage company. I can't wait until they go under and get bought out by Actionvision.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 JoshZebra

JoshZebra

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

He is allowed to speak the truth but it was definitely in a unprofessional manner.  That being said he is absolutely right, some of the biggest game devs today are third party and it is hard to imagine a casual consumer (by today's standards) picking a Wii U over a PS4/ Xbox One cos of the support the latter two companies get.  Consumers aren't to blame, they are just picking what appeals to them more.  That being said AGAIN, I think personally the problem with the Wii U is Nintendo's attitude towards bringing the Wii U into the next gen, while games sell the system, there are a load of features that gamers expect as a standard these days.

#16 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, but I searched ae games and the mobile company came up, I was saying they might be the same people.
But I doubt it.

Me too. Don`t think they would create another company just for this.

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Real or fake, this was brutally honest! I'm with Nollog on this, seems a bit far fetched.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Real or fake, this was brutally honest! I'm with Nollog on this, seems a bit far fetched.

http://pldh.net/medi...amworld/083.png
How dare you!

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

im going with fake.

ps i strongly recemend that you pirate any of EA's games if you want them. it may be the only way to get your money's worth.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Me and my friend been saying they been sabatoging it for a while. nice to see another dev call others out like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!