• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I've found that I'm perfectly happy having all of my games on my Wii U. I rarely ever sell my games, and usually when I do I regret it later.

I've listed all of my games on kijiji for $10 lower than the eShop version's price, and I'll replace the games as they are sold. And all future games I buy will be digital. I'll have to hold onto my Nintendoland disk for the time being, as it's not on the eShop at them moment.

It takes a while to download full-sized games though, about an hour and a half.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

I could never let go of my hard copies :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

I will see how this goes before considering it for my 3DS library.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Good for you, man. At least Nintendo has that reward thing for buying from the eShop, like you get points back which can be "cashed in" for discounts on future purchases.

I can't say the same for myself, I prefer buying the physical version if I can, but if there is a killer deal (ex: RE: Revelations for $10 last Halloween on eShop) then I'll go digital. Or if I can't find the physical version. Like this last week, I looked all over town for Tomb Raider Definitive Edition but was out of luck so I bought it on PSN.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Can I buy them? Or are you American?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

RIP new game smell.

794144.png?13383682

#7 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

I would happily go digital on the Wii U, if they provided a much larger harddrive. There's no way I'm spending £309.99 on a console and then a further £50.00 on an external harddrive. 

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Can I buy them? Or are you American?

Sure you can buy them, but I'm in Canada and although they're the same disks shipping may outweigh the savings.

#9 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

Nooo! I couldn't do this. I only buy digital when the physical copy doesn't exist. I'm a bit of a hoarder especially with Nintendo games.

#10 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Digital copies > Shelves and shelves of discs

IMO

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Digital copies > Shelves and shelves of discs

IMO

It's all fun and games until the hard drive explodes.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

It's all fun and games until the hard drive explodes.

Always keep backups.

Or just RAID 1 if your games are on a computerbox.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

I would happily go digital on the Wii U, if they provided a much larger harddrive. There's no way I'm spending £309.99 on a console and then a further £50.00 on an external harddrive.

wtf do you shop where an external is £50 ?!
If you shop at the right time(wait for a deal) you can get 1TB for £20
1TB is way too much though.

Sure you can buy them, but I'm in Canada and although they're the same disks shipping may outweigh the savings.

Mine only plays pal games.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

wtf do you shop where an external is £50 ?!
If you shop at the right time(wait for a deal) you can get 1TB for £20
1TB is way too much though.

Mine only plays pal games.

My 1 TB hard drive cost me £46.99, so I was going by that price tag. 

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

My 1 TB hard drive cost me £46.99, so I was going by that price tag.

Oh, right.
I've had much smaller drives cost me much more. Prices were pretty good 2 years ago, they went up after a tsunami i think in Taiwan, and should be coming down by now surely.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

I'm using a 250gb drive that I had lying around, so the drive costs me nothing.

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

With me, this makes more sense with my 3ds.  I've misplaced two and a dog ate a third.  

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

I think it be cool if buying the game comes with the digital copy. Like you can do with some movies.

And I couldn't do that with a console. I like having the discs.

Edited by MorbidGod, 12 February 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Don't want to sound smug but as a collector I can never go all digital. To me physical always triumps. Tho digital has a few perks and even did a video on it on my channel. Tho I focused mainly on classic games. I always feel digital is renting a license. If the service ever shuts down and the HDD crashed I am screwed even if you have a backup irt can fail. Once that digital copy is pulled and we seen it happen often there is no recovering that game through legal means. Even a rare physical game there is always a copy out there. Can always replace it if the cart or disc goes bad. However I have games on steam digital games on Wii U and 3DS but they are only offered in that format. Anytime a digital game I like gets a physical release I snatch it like I did for Ducktales and Dungeons & Dragons Chronicles of Mystara. I do see like Earthbound for example for me the only real way I could experience that game and now love it. For some only option for classics. I can see how some hate the space it takes but I can't do that as I love to look at them and play them and keep them forever.

#20 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I've found that I'm perfectly happy having all of my games on my Wii U. I rarely ever sell my games, and usually when I do I regret it later.

I've listed all of my games on kijiji for $10 lower than the eShop version's price, and I'll replace the games as they are sold. And all future games I buy will be digital. I'll have to hold onto my Nintendoland disk for the time being, as it's not on the eShop at them moment.

It takes a while to download full-sized games though, about an hour and a half.

Man i so want to do that, because i too like having everything a touch away from playing plus getting midnight downloads vs going to the store.. My issue is kinda unique, because i get a $10 discount from work buying disc copies....soooo

though i do have the deluxe promo that gives me $5 for every (essentially) $50 game i buy, it still isnt $10 off. but i did buy $100 of Eshop cards when bestbuy had them 20% off, so that will be used for Mario kart and Smash bros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!