Photo

Anyone think X looks a bit worse compared to previous viewings of it?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I thought it looked pretty awesome. Will be pre-ordering the pre-order ASAP

#22 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

Slated for 2014 might be 2015.

Don't worry tho you will hate it. It's not EA or Call of Duty.

انشاء الله

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

Yup, that's more like it.  Although most games wouldn't be quite as brain-meltingly active so would cope with a lower bitrate than that. ;)

Most Bluray movies have a lower average bitrate than that, but then while they are higher resolution they also have a much much lower frame rate.

Yeah but most bru-rei's are only 24fps

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

انشاء الله

01001001 00100000 01100001 01101100 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101000 01110101 01100111 01100101 00100000 01110000 01100101 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110100 01101111 01110101 01100011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100010 01101111 01101111 01100010 01110011 00101110 00100000 01000101 01101110 01101010 01101111 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110000 01110101 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100 01111001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01110100 01110100 01101100 01100101 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101

Should be easy to translate that.

Edited by Ryudo, 15 February 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#25 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

#1) the image quality due to unbelievably poor compression was severely compromised. To the point the game footage is unrecognizable from original.

#2) This wasn't even a trailer. It was just some sloppy footage thrown in. To bolster the Wii U part of the Direct,new hitch had little to show.

Not only was the footage bad and no real editing, choreography, etc. done, but it appeared like they were deliberately holding out on what we could see. Attack, attack, attack, attack,mad nauseum. Pretty boring. But the gigantic creature and mech getting some air time was a treat. Would have been much better had they shown it in hd.

That's the thing Nintendo needs to "get."

People don't just figure (like they should) that "oh that's live stream compression chewing up the video."

They instead go "nasty gfx"

That's why Sony so carefully sent out enhanced, double resolution still images and even video of some ps4 games. Do those games look as good as the stills? Nope. But they look good. And no one cares because the original impression made my the marketing team was "Oh. My. Goodness!"

Compare to Nintendo... White screen. A half disinterested looking Iwata, very difficult to understand developers, and then blurry, grainy, pixelated low res footage.

Meh.

But then the game comes out. Different story.

On a side note, I've enjoyed iwatas quirky style that seems like a transplant from a kinder, simpler era. But I almost felt his pain watching this Direct. He was so reserved. Even for him. Not a hint of that childlike smirk, smile, or excitement. Just seemed like a beaten man. Things will turn up for Nintendo. Just hope they are soon. I want to see a genuinely excited Iwata again.

#26 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Isn't Nintendo dependend on the developer for footage and what not?

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#27 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

Isn't Nintendo dependend on the developer for footage and what not?

Nintendo OWNS them.

And even the footage they receive, they then edit into their video.

It just looked very obvious that they are holding back on this game, whether it's to quell expectations in case of delay or to not reveal too much until it gets closer to sale. Either way, the video quality was extremely poor. And it's not due to the game graphics.

But this is Nintendo. Who knows why they do what they do.
It's almost like the logical and sensible thing would be to do this. So Nintendo, seeing that, decides to do that.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Nintendo OWNS them.

And even the footage they receive, they then edit into their video.

It just looked very obvious that they are holding back on this game, whether it's to quell expectations in case of delay or to not reveal too much until it gets closer to sale. Either way, the video quality was extremely poor. And it's not due to the game graphics.

But this is Nintendo. Who knows why they do what they do.
It's almost like the logical and sensible thing would be to do this. So Nintendo, seeing that, decides to do that.

Honestly, Im starting to think they arent holding back.

Im starting to think, this project is much much larger than I previously thought it was going to be... which was already very very large.

Ive said it before, but now I say it with conviction. I dont think this game is anywhere near feature complete. I think we have a small (small via in relation to the actual game, but probably several square miles, ie the size of es4 oblivion) area complete enough to warrant showing off, with a handful of models complete enough to allow to be seen, sort of... ANd the rest of it is just placeholders for the sake of functionality so they can hammer out the framework of the game. Its not usually until this is finished, when the project is feature complete, and they start filling the placeholders with release version assets that the first screens start getting shown....

I dont think we are anywhere near there, because of the size and ambition of project X.

Lets take a look at the X hiring spree, judging by their most recent posting, they are still pouring on the manpower:

http://www.monoliths...recruit_01.html

Urgent! Planner

Work location

Tokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)

Business content

<Development department>
The data creation and planning of the game

We're now looking for the following staff planning.

① game planner Urgent!
Consumer game production experience, welcome a game development experience with a better network with the specification of experience of proposal

Better scripting capability that may in part ② city planner in charge of consumer game production experience, is responsible for the town part of RPG, welcome in a program knowledge

③ Battle algorithm responsible planner Urgent!
Sometimes in the consumer game production experience, wrote the AI ​​of enemy,
(Another possibility programmers) who it is that it has formed a script

④ UI / menu planner in charge of Urgent!
Those who are design and layout of UI / in-game menu, experience and specification for creating
UI operation transition, graphic production, programs, scripts in the game
If you are some understanding

So, right here, we have some big ones.

Of course, we have the senior planner, you need one of these to head up a team to ensure cohesion and results. They are likely adding entire teams to the project, and need a project senior, and then leads for several areas.

They need city planners, for designing the various cities, and what goes on in them, events, quests, scripts, all the good stuff that goes on in the cities that we are going to be exploring in the game. Its listing is urgent, they want manpower.

Next on the list:

Battle Algorithm and AI programmer. That latest video was pretty cool right? But it seemed kinda lacking compared to say... Xenoblade? The monster was kinda lifeless, didnt really do much, didnt respond much, in areas that even xenoblade on wii did (Monsters getting cowed by powerful hits, paying attention to who hits them). Well, thats this teams job, and its listing for hiring is urgent. They want manpower.

UI/menu planner These guys are responsible for the user interface, the appearence of menus and feedback information shown to the player. Did the menus and hud of X look underwhelming? If you believe so, good news, its just a placeholder, this job title, whos listing is labeled urgent, is for fixing precisely that, and making it look more elegant and less obtrusive.

Next we have 3d CG designer! URGENT!!!!

They want individuals who can create 3d character models (player character, party members, mechs, enemies, you name it)

And also background geometry, like those gorgeous to explore areas in xenoblade.

Specifically looking for good animators, particularly for facial animations. Very urgent. Probably has to do with why we havent seen a characters face up close and doing stuff in any video yet, and why they havent even really shown us any cutscenes or story bits yet.

2d designers Not urgent, but hiring.
Story board artists, scene compositors, designers of the world, guys who do concept art that the other teams then turn into the levels characters and equipment of the game. A prettty big sign the game is nowhere near feature complete.

Effects designer Not urgent, but hiring.
Think those sword swing effects are looking a little lack luster? Think those gun effects lack some puch? Some oomph? Well its this guys future job to make those things happen with pizazz!

Motion designer URGENT!!!

Again, monolithsoft really wants some good animators. Did you think the animations in X maybe looked a little stiff? A little akward? Well, Monolithsoft does too, and they want to hire people to specifically tackle this problem.

This is going to be quite the grand project. I dont see how it can possibly release this year though, unless they hire a MASSIVE team (like western size AAA publisher team size) which will be no easy feat to manage.

I really, REALLY hope Nintendo allows takahashi to once again take as much time as needed for completion like he did with Xenoblade. But also, that doesnt mean to pretend the game doesnt exist either. Screens, a new tidbit here, or there, something like what smash bros is doing would be excellent. This is quite the ambitious project.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

^ They have more than one team. Could be for X could be for a different project. They still have that unnamed 3DS game going on in development.

I do agree in that they are aiming as high as they can and then some as they really want to be the Japanese Bethseda (why a company who makes ES with a horrible combat and more bugs than a crack whores bed I don't know) Still no secrete Monolith got a sample of what they thought they could do with Xenoblade and want to take it a thousands times further and want to push Wii U til it's smoking. For some of them maybe like Shiggy going from Mario World to Mario 64 or Square from Final Fantasy VI to VII.  I hope they do but hope they don't push this game to far back as Wii U can't afford any more delays.

#30 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

I really, REALLY hope Nintendo allows takahashi to once again take as much time as needed for completion like he did with Xenoblade. But also, that doesnt mean to pretend the game doesnt exist either. Screens, a new tidbit here, or there, something like what smash bros is doing would be excellent. This is quite the ambitious project.

Definitely. Sometimes I think Nintendo doesn't know it's right foot from its left, and yet when I see this and Bayonetta 2 in makes me think they're at least starting to go in the right direction. But that doesn't mean anything if they don't start promoting this game and Bayonetta. There are core gamers who would love this game but don't know it exists. I showed the E3 trailer to an old roommate of mine and from just that he decided he was going to have to get a Wii U.

Nintendo needs to shove this game in people's faces, they need to learn to hype, and they need to try to sell this game as a Final Fantasy killer. I'm not saying it will be a Final Fantasy killer, but they need to make gamers think it will. They can't pull this Xenoblade BS where they barely release the game at all and even then don't advertise it. 

pNgecl.gif

#31 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Gameplay wise, I do not know what I am looking at. It looks like an rpg met an action game and had a baby. 

Outside of Xenoblade, does anything else compare to this sort of gameplay mechanic? 

#32 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Honestly, Im starting to think they arent holding back.Im starting to think, this project is much much larger than I previously thought it was going to be... which was already very very large.Ive said it before, but now I say it with conviction. I dont think this game is anywhere near feature complete. I think we have a small (small via in relation to the actual game, but probably several square miles, ie the size of es4 oblivion) area complete enough to warrant showing off, with a handful of models complete enough to allow to be seen, sort of... ANd the rest of it is just placeholders for the sake of functionality so they can hammer out the framework of the game. Its not usually until this is finished, when the project is feature complete, and they start filling the placeholders with release version assets that the first screens start getting shown....I dont think we are anywhere near there, because of the size and ambition of project X.Lets take a look at the X hiring spree, judging by their most recent posting, they are still pouring on the manpower:http://www.monoliths...recruit_01.htmlUrgent! PlannerWork locationTokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)Business content<Development department>The data creation and planning of the gameWe're now looking for the following staff planning.① game planner Urgent!Consumer game production experience, welcome a game development experience with a better network with the specification of experience of proposalBetter scripting capability that may in part ② city planner in charge of consumer game production experience, is responsible for the town part of RPG, welcome in a program knowledge③ Battle algorithm responsible planner Urgent!Sometimes in the consumer game production experience, wrote the AI ​​of enemy,(Another possibility programmers) who it is that it has formed a script④ UI / menu planner in charge of Urgent!Those who are design and layout of UI / in-game menu, experience and specification for creatingUI operation transition, graphic production, programs, scripts in the gameIf you are some understandingSo, right here, we have some big ones.Of course, we have the senior planner, you need one of these to head up a team to ensure cohesion and results. They are likely adding entire teams to the project, and need a project senior, and then leads for several areas.They need city planners, for designing the various cities, and what goes on in them, events, quests, scripts, all the good stuff that goes on in the cities that we are going to be exploring in the game. Its listing is urgent, they want manpower.Next on the list:Battle Algorithm and AI programmer. That latest video was pretty cool right? But it seemed kinda lacking compared to say... Xenoblade? The monster was kinda lifeless, didnt really do much, didnt respond much, in areas that even xenoblade on wii did (Monsters getting cowed by powerful hits, paying attention to who hits them). Well, thats this teams job, and its listing for hiring is urgent. They want manpower.UI/menu planner These guys are responsible for the user interface, the appearence of menus and feedback information shown to the player. Did the menus and hud of X look underwhelming? If you believe so, good news, its just a placeholder, this job title, whos listing is labeled urgent, is for fixing precisely that, and making it look more elegant and less obtrusive.Next we have 3d CG designer! URGENT!!!!They want individuals who can create 3d character models (player character, party members, mechs, enemies, you name it)And also background geometry, like those gorgeous to explore areas in xenoblade.Specifically looking for good animators, particularly for facial animations. Very urgent. Probably has to do with why we havent seen a characters face up close and doing stuff in any video yet, and why they havent even really shown us any cutscenes or story bits yet.2d designers Not urgent, but hiring.Story board artists, scene compositors, designers of the world, guys who do concept art that the other teams then turn into the levels characters and equipment of the game. A prettty big sign the game is nowhere near feature complete.Effects designer Not urgent, but hiring.Think those sword swing effects are looking a little lack luster? Think those gun effects lack some puch? Some oomph? Well its this guys future job to make those things happen with pizazz!Motion designer URGENT!!!Again, monolithsoft really wants some good animators. Did you think the animations in X maybe looked a little stiff? A little akward? Well, Monolithsoft does too, and they want to hire people to specifically tackle this problem.This is going to be quite the grand project. I dont see how it can possibly release this year though, unless they hire a MASSIVE team (like western size AAA publisher team size) which will be no easy feat to manage.I really, REALLY hope Nintendo allows takahashi to once again take as much time as needed for completion like he did with Xenoblade. But also, that doesnt mean to pretend the game doesnt exist either. Screens, a new tidbit here, or there, something like what smash bros is doing would be excellent. This is quite the ambitious project.

Honestly, Im starting to think they arent holding back.Im starting to think, this project is much much larger than I previously thought it was going to be... which was already very very large.Ive said it before, but now I say it with conviction. I dont think this game is anywhere near feature complete. I think we have a small (small via in relation to the actual game, but probably several square miles, ie the size of es4 oblivion) area complete enough to warrant showing off, with a handful of models complete enough to allow to be seen, sort of... ANd the rest of it is just placeholders for the sake of functionality so they can hammer out the framework of the game. Its not usually until this is finished, when the project is feature complete, and they start filling the placeholders with release version assets that the first screens start getting shown....I dont think we are anywhere near there, because of the size and ambition of project X.Lets take a look at the X hiring spree, judging by their most recent posting, they are still pouring on the manpower:http://www.monoliths...recruit_01.htmlUrgent! PlannerWork locationTokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)Business content<Development department>The data creation and planning of the gameWe're now looking for the following staff planning.① game planner Urgent!Consumer game production experience, welcome a game development experience with a better network with the specification of experience of proposalBetter scripting capability that may in part ② city planner in charge of consumer game production experience, is responsible for the town part of RPG, welcome in a program knowledge③ Battle algorithm responsible planner Urgent!Sometimes in the consumer game production experience, wrote the AI ​​of enemy,(Another possibility programmers) who it is that it has formed a script④ UI / menu planner in charge of Urgent!Those who are design and layout of UI / in-game menu, experience and specification for creatingUI operation transition, graphic production, programs, scripts in the gameIf you are some understandingSo, right here, we have some big ones.Of course, we have the senior planner, you need one of these to head up a team to ensure cohesion and results. They are likely adding entire teams to the project, and need a project senior, and then leads for several areas.They need city planners, for designing the various cities, and what goes on in them, events, quests, scripts, all the good stuff that goes on in the cities that we are going to be exploring in the game. Its listing is urgent, they want manpower.Next on the list:Battle Algorithm and AI programmer. That latest video was pretty cool right? But it seemed kinda lacking compared to say... Xenoblade? The monster was kinda lifeless, didnt really do much, didnt respond much, in areas that even xenoblade on wii did (Monsters getting cowed by powerful hits, paying attention to who hits them). Well, thats this teams job, and its listing for hiring is urgent. They want manpower.UI/menu planner These guys are responsible for the user interface, the appearence of menus and feedback information shown to the player. Did the menus and hud of X look underwhelming? If you believe so, good news, its just a placeholder, this job title, whos listing is labeled urgent, is for fixing precisely that, and making it look more elegant and less obtrusive.Next we have 3d CG designer! URGENT!!!!They want individuals who can create 3d character models (player character, party members, mechs, enemies, you name it)And also background geometry, like those gorgeous to explore areas in xenoblade.Specifically looking for good animators, particularly for facial animations. Very urgent. Probably has to do with why we havent seen a characters face up close and doing stuff in any video yet, and why they havent even really shown us any cutscenes or story bits yet.2d designers Not urgent, but hiring.Story board artists, scene compositors, designers of the world, guys who do concept art that the other teams then turn into the levels characters and equipment of the game. A prettty big sign the game is nowhere near feature complete.Effects designer Not urgent, but hiring.Think those sword swing effects are looking a little lack luster? Think those gun effects lack some puch? Some oomph? Well its this guys future job to make those things happen with pizazz!Motion designer URGENT!!!Again, monolithsoft really wants some good animators. Did you think the animations in X maybe looked a little stiff? A little akward? Well, Monolithsoft does too, and they want to hire people to specifically tackle this problem.This is going to be quite the grand project. I dont see how it can possibly release this year though, unless they hire a MASSIVE team (like western size AAA publisher team size) which will be no easy feat to manage.I really, REALLY hope Nintendo allows takahashi to once again take as much time as needed for completion like he did with Xenoblade. But also, that doesnt mean to pretend the game doesnt exist either. Screens, a new tidbit here, or there, something like what smash bros is doing would be excellent. This is quite the ambitious project.

Wouldn't argue any of that.

My belief is that Nintendo should show a tiny amount of the game that shows promise and brings excitement. Not something worse than what was shown before, even though it expands the knowledge of the game. Heck, even one still screen that looks amazing does much more good than a minutes long video of highly compressed mush depicting very unfinished game assets and animation.

I'm actually highly encouraged to see those hi rings. Thanks for posting. Especially the menu aspect. Because the current placeholders... No. Just no.

The animation was an obvious indication of early status. Not just stiff. Stilted. Like very quick tweening.

I don't see this game being rushed. Should be the proper follow up to xeno.

If they didn't let pressure rush DK, They should definitely let this game finish it's dev cycle only when it's truly ready. Could be a defining game of this generation, much like destiny aspires to be.

Gameplay wise, I do not know what I am looking at. It looks like an rpg met an action game and had a baby.

Outside of Xenoblade, does anything else compare to this sort of gameplay mechanic?

That's what's so great about it. Awesome rpg elements with real combat gameplay. The best of both worlds.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 February 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#33 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Honestly, Im starting to think they arent holding back.

Im starting to think, this project is much much larger than I previously thought it was going to be... which was already very very large.

Ive said it before, but now I say it with conviction. I dont think this game is anywhere near feature complete. I think we have a small (small via in relation to the actual game, but probably several square miles, ie the size of es4 oblivion) area complete enough to warrant showing off, with a handful of models complete enough to allow to be seen, sort of... ANd the rest of it is just placeholders for the sake of functionality so they can hammer out the framework of the game. Its not usually until this is finished, when the project is feature complete, and they start filling the placeholders with release version assets that the first screens start getting shown....

I dont think we are anywhere near there, because of the size and ambition of project X.

Lets take a look at the X hiring spree, judging by their most recent posting, they are still pouring on the manpower:

http://www.monoliths...recruit_01.html

Urgent! Planner

Work location

Tokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)

Business content

<Development department>
The data creation and planning of the game

We're now looking for the following staff planning.

① game planner Urgent!
Consumer game production experience, welcome a game development experience with a better network with the specification of experience of proposal

Better scripting capability that may in part ② city planner in charge of consumer game production experience, is responsible for the town part of RPG, welcome in a program knowledge

③ Battle algorithm responsible planner Urgent!
Sometimes in the consumer game production experience, wrote the AI ​​of enemy,
(Another possibility programmers) who it is that it has formed a script

④ UI / menu planner in charge of Urgent!
Those who are design and layout of UI / in-game menu, experience and specification for creating
UI operation transition, graphic production, programs, scripts in the game
If you are some understanding

So, right here, we have some big ones.

Of course, we have the senior planner, you need one of these to head up a team to ensure cohesion and results. They are likely adding entire teams to the project, and need a project senior, and then leads for several areas.

They need city planners, for designing the various cities, and what goes on in them, events, quests, scripts, all the good stuff that goes on in the cities that we are going to be exploring in the game. Its listing is urgent, they want manpower.

Next on the list:

Battle Algorithm and AI programmer. That latest video was pretty cool right? But it seemed kinda lacking compared to say... Xenoblade? The monster was kinda lifeless, didnt really do much, didnt respond much, in areas that even xenoblade on wii did (Monsters getting cowed by powerful hits, paying attention to who hits them). Well, thats this teams job, and its listing for hiring is urgent. They want manpower.

UI/menu planner These guys are responsible for the user interface, the appearence of menus and feedback information shown to the player. Did the menus and hud of X look underwhelming? If you believe so, good news, its just a placeholder, this job title, whos listing is labeled urgent, is for fixing precisely that, and making it look more elegant and less obtrusive.

Next we have 3d CG designer! URGENT!!!!

They want individuals who can create 3d character models (player character, party members, mechs, enemies, you name it)

And also background geometry, like those gorgeous to explore areas in xenoblade.

Specifically looking for good animators, particularly for facial animations. Very urgent. Probably has to do with why we havent seen a characters face up close and doing stuff in any video yet, and why they havent even really shown us any cutscenes or story bits yet.

2d designers Not urgent, but hiring.
Story board artists, scene compositors, designers of the world, guys who do concept art that the other teams then turn into the levels characters and equipment of the game. A prettty big sign the game is nowhere near feature complete.

Effects designer Not urgent, but hiring.
Think those sword swing effects are looking a little lack luster? Think those gun effects lack some puch? Some oomph? Well its this guys future job to make those things happen with pizazz!

Motion designer URGENT!!!

Again, monolithsoft really wants some good animators. Did you think the animations in X maybe looked a little stiff? A little akward? Well, Monolithsoft does too, and they want to hire people to specifically tackle this problem.

This is going to be quite the grand project. I dont see how it can possibly release this year though, unless they hire a MASSIVE team (like western size AAA publisher team size) which will be no easy feat to manage.

Didn't they post positions for networking stuff a while ago? Do we know what happened to them?

#34 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

I think i forgot how to blink.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#35 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

^ They have more than one team. Could be for X could be for a different project. They still have that unnamed 3DS game going on in development.
I do agree in that they are aiming as high as they can and then some as they really want to be the Japanese Bethseda (why a company who makes ES with a horrible combat and more bugs than a crack whores bed I don't know) Still no secrete Monolith got a sample of what they thought they could do with Xenoblade and want to take it a thousands times further and want to push Wii U til it's smoking. For some of them maybe like Shiggy going from Mario World to Mario 64 or Square from Final Fantasy VI to VII.  I hope they do but hope they don't push this game to far back as Wii U can't afford any more delays.

They do have two teams, and they have what team the job is for on the job page. Every job I have listed is for the main Tokyo team, the head office, the guys working on X, the team working on X... In fact, it said as much in the information I posted.

"Tokyo Head Office (Meguro-ku, Tokyo)"

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Still does not mean X. It likely is but should not jump to conclusions. May have another project planning or using resources to help Nintendo with Zelda again. So even if they have urgent hiring people need to stop pushing the panic button. Even if it is X this might be more common than people think.

While Monolith is a studio with many employees. Sometimes they might do things like Comcept does and Nuchallenger and others even if Monolith is a bigger. Comcept basically has one employee but contracted people for one game. For all we know all it is. Not worried about it either like so many seem to be.

Edited by Ryudo, 20 February 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#37 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

lucario23, on 20 Feb 2014 - 02:02 AM, said:
Didn't they post positions for networking stuff a while ago? Do we know what happened to them?

They were, job positions were filled, and they are no longer urgently hurting for network coders. Really, you only need so many network coders. Their job cant really benefit to much from a paralell pipeline

People who make assets, like textures, models, animations etc, the more you have doing that, the more you can GREATLY speed up the production process.

Still does not mean X. It likely is but should not jump to conclusions. May have another project planning or using resources to help Nintendo with Zelda again. So even if they have urgent hiring people need to stop pushing the panic button. Even if it is X this might be more common than people think.

While Monolith is a studio with many employees. Sometimes they might do things like Comcept does and Nuchallenger and others even if Monolith is a bigger. Comcept basically has one employee but contracted people for one game. For all we know all it is. Not worried about it either like so many seem to be.

Of course they are contracting the work out. I POSTED THE CONTRACT LISTINGS.

Did you not read ANY of the information I posted? If you dont bother to take the effort to even KNOW what you are trying to argue about, then why are you even bother trying to have an argument? If you feel strongly enough about something to try to argue with someone, you should at least put in enough effort to actually KNOW what you are arguing about.

And no, this is not jumping to conclusions, it is deductive reasoning with hard researched evidence.

X's UI looks like hot placeholder garbage. Monolithsoft is hiring for a position for an experienced UI designer, for their main tokyo studio, that is working on X.

What you are doing is NOT playing it safe, its called being willfully ignorant, and being afraid to commit.

If monolith soft IS helping with Zelda again, which I can 100% garuntee you they are. IT WONT BE THE MAIN TOKYO OFFICE.

It will be the Kyoto office, just like it was for skyward sword, every other title they helped out on, and 3ds games like Project X zone. Its almost like thats why they exist.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#38 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I don't care if it's for X or something else. Flat don't give a carp. Was just saying always the possibility is all can be for something else but likely is not. Just people need not panic about it as people keep implying the game is in trouble. Sure everything is fine and they know what they are doing.

Edited by Ryudo, 20 February 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#39 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

They were, job positions were filled, and they are no longer urgently hurting for network coders. Really, you only need so many network coders. Their job cant really benefit to much from a paralell pipeline

People who make assets, like textures, models, animations etc, the more you have doing that, the more you can GREATLY speed up the production process.

So Let me ask you this then. Do YOU think this means that online co op/multiplayer is confirmed? Or just some form of leaderboard/item trading?

#40 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

So Let me ask you this then. Do YOU think this means that online co op/multiplayer is confirmed? Or just some form of leaderboard/item trading?

It was confirmed with the dialog in the chatbox in the very first trailer.

"So what do you want to do today?"

"Oh wow thats huge!"

"Lets go get it!"

Not usually something you see in a single player game.

Chrono trigger.

Its an evolved version of the chrono trigger battle system. (Its almost like the guy who did chrono triggers battle system works with monolithsoft now...)

You have seven party members, they all have unique special movesets you can have groups of 3, to mix and match combo's/tecs

Big changes:
In chrono trigger, your enemies moved around in real time, and their positins determined whether attacks would hit (wait for them to get in a straight line, get close, etc. In xenoblade, you are now allowed to move and change position just like the enemies.

Instead of a single active time system that must cool down every time you make a move, each move has its own active time system for cool down, with normal attacks being taken care of automatically as long as you are within range, because it would be not good not to.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!