• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1615251

Great for her. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

I'm sure many wet dreams were ruined.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

I'm sure many wet dreams were ruined.

Or made better :laugh: Yum Yum hot lesbo

Edited by Ryudo, 15 February 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Well she kinda gave out that vibe lol but yeah must be a huge load off her mind.

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

Ok. I always thought she was. Good for her, coming out. I don't understand why some people make a big deal of it, or keep it a secret.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

good for her but I've never understood coming out to the whole world with this type of stuff. I just don't understand making a big deal out of it.

#7 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I don't see how this is newsworthy. So what? 

Edited by Penguin101, 15 February 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

My prayers are with her parents.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

whateverrrrr

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

good for her but I've never understood coming out to the whole world with this type of stuff. I just don't understand making a big deal out of it.

It is manufactured by the media to make it look like gays continue to live under an oppression and social stigmatization that doesn't exist (i.e. continue to marginalize people with religious and/or otherwise traditional values and make them look like 1960's-era segregationists).  There's nothing you can do in our culture to receive greater praise, admiration, and support than come out as gay.  Only in the smallest, most backwater town would this actually be "brave."  What is "brave" today is "coming out" as being against gay marriage, etc.  That's what actually carries a real social stigma now, ruins people's careers and reputation, makes them social outcasts, etc.

*edit* 

BTW, I'm not trying to make any assertions here about Ellen Page's being gay, being gay in general, etc.  Just saying I think it's absurd and dishonest to continue propagating the notion that it takes particular courage to "come out" in our present culture (by "culture" I mean primarily popular media, government, journalism, and education), which is doing literally everything it can to promote homosexuality and stigmatize anyone who disagrees.  

Edited by kokirii, 15 February 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

It is manufactured by the media to make it look like gays continue to live under an oppression and social stigmatization that doesn't exist (i.e. continue to marginalize people with religious and/or otherwise traditional values and make them look like 1960's-era segregationists).  There's nothing you can do in our culture to receive greater praise, admiration, and support than come out as gay.  Only in the smallest, most backwater town would this actually be "brave."  What is "brave" today is "coming out" as being against gay marriage, etc.  That's what actually carries a real social stigma now, ruins people's careers and reputation, makes them social outcasts, etc.

*edit* 

BTW, I'm not trying to make any assertions here about Ellen Page's being gay, being gay in general, etc.  Just saying I think it's absurd and dishonest to continue propagating the notion that it takes particular courage to "come out" in our present culture (by "culture" I mean primarily popular media, government, journalism, and education), which is doing literally everything it can to promote homosexuality and stigmatize anyone who disagrees.

IKR, homosexuals can even marry each other in like ... 2 states in the US! Like... get over it ogres!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

IKR, homosexuals can even marry each other in like ... 2 states in the US! Like... get over it ogres!

You missed the point, Nolly.  It's gone from 0 to more than a third of states (much more than "2") in just a few years, and the federal law against it has already been struck down by the supreme court.  The people in my state who voted against the proposed amendment were brutally demonized in a way the media would never support for any other group of people.  The only reason it's still not allowed in the other states is because of the votes of the otherwise silent majority who don't speak up outside of the confidential ballot box because, despite being a majority, broader "culture" is controlled by the people (in many or even most cases the elite minority) who are in support of overturning traditional norms as quickly as possible.  To use a crude metaphor, being against gay marriage in the US is very much like being pro-Nintendo.  Even if there are a lot of people, they're more or less afraid to/unable to speak up outside of their own bubbles because of the way the "industry" is trending. 

Edited by kokirii, 15 February 2014 - 01:35 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

noooo :(

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

You missed the point, Nolly.  It's gone from 0 to more than a third of states (much more than "2") in just a few years, and the federal law against it has already been struck down by the supreme court.  The people in my state who voted against the proposed amendment were brutally demonized in a way the media would never support for any other group of people.  The only reason it's still not allowed in the other states is because of the votes of the otherwise silent majority who don't speak up outside of the confidential ballot box because, despite being a majority, broader "culture" is controlled by the people (in many or even most cases the elite minority) who are in support of overturning traditional norms as quickly as possible.  To use a crude metaphor, being against gay marriage in the US is very much like being pro-Nintendo.  Even if there are a lot of people, they're more or less afraid to/unable to speak up outside of their own bubbles because of the way the "industry" is trending. 

Good post.

Someone sees past the media spoon feeding.

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Good post.

Someone sees past the media spoon feeding.

Indeed.

Also that horrible media spoon-feeding about the holocaust.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

m6p5jCM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users