• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tr1cky_N1ck

Tr1cky_N1ck

Goomba

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

If you do have official connections with Nintendo, Inc, what is their official stance on adding Adobe Flash player to the Wii U console?  I love the fact that I can use the Wii U controller to browse the web and play some Wii U games while watching something else on my television. However, i have many problems when it comes to watching videos on the Wii U browser when they require Flash. Including watching the Olympics recently on NBCs website. Please tell me they are considering an update that will install this program!!!

#2 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Flash is old and outdated unfortunately :( Most browsers are starting to switch towards HTML5 nowadays. Maybe the site that you need will consider moving to HTML5 :D It wouldn't make much sense for Nintendo to move backwards instead of actually evolve. Am I Right? XD

Hope it helped :)

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Flash is dead get over it get used to HTML5

#4 Dunkeroos

Dunkeroos

Goomba

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Yeah HTML is better cause my uncle taught me and also flash is too hard for me to learn btw I got internet a week ago for the first time. This internet chatting this about Nintendo is cool

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

Its not up to nintendo. The reason why flash is not coming to many new devices like wii u, is because adobe is winding down work on flash.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Flash is so 2005
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

Flash is so 2005

or 1940's or 1982

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

most sites still use flash though.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

most sites still use flash though.

LOL...... 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

If you do have official connections with Nintendo, Inc, what is their official stance on adding Adobe Flash player to the Wii U console?  I love the fact that I can use the Wii U controller to browse the web and play some Wii U games while watching something else on my television. However, i have many problems when it comes to watching videos on the Wii U browser when they require Flash. Including watching the Olympics recently on NBCs website. Please tell me they are considering an update that will install this program!!!

Our official stance on Adobe Flash, or any other browser plugins, is that we will not support them.
We have included advanced HTML5 tags, and JavaScript in our NetFront browser, which allows many of the same user-interaction.

If you are a developer, we also offer Web Framework, which is an official webSDK for our Browser, and the Wii U.
We can point you to tutorials to learn Canvas elements and JavaScript if you desire.

If you're simply a user, most likely the websites you currently use will migrate over time, the problems with Adobe Flash have been documented for years, and 99% of websites will make the switch to HTML5 when they have invested the time and effort to do so.

Flash is dead, you will never have a flash plugin on the Wii U.
Further information on this particular topic "Flash is dead" can be found here:
http://thewiiu.com/t...files-on-wii-u/

Edited by Nollog, 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!