20 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

Uh oh, not again?

Konami reveals table of comparison. 720p 60fps on Xbone and 1080p 60fps "with room to spare" on PS4, in Kojima's words.

http://www.ign.com/a...ffa793215000007

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

Probably a good idea to stop bringing PS4/X1 threads here anymore. Too much of the active userbase has shown they can't take them maturely without derailing them into Wii U or PC threads.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

I think it's common knowledge that the Xbox One will be inferior in terms of multiplatform games it's rather like the Sega Gensis and the SNES, multiplatform games always looked better on the SNES then they did on the Genesis. Microsoft really have dropped the ball with the Xbox One, they've gone down this multimedia box for your living room route and unfortunately for them the only people interested in such a device are gamers as Xbox is a gaming brand and many gamers who gamed with the 360 have migrated over to the PS4 because the PS4 does what it says on the tin, it's a machine for gamers. It's the most powerful console on the market with a middle-of-the-road price point and out of all three consoles the PS4 best represents value for money.

I don't think Microsoft's first party titles are enough to lure in a majority of gamers, Titanfall which had me uber excited at E3 looks bitterly disappointed and if I had a PS4 I certainly wouldn't be annoyed that Titanfall was an Xbox and PC exclusive. I think it's look mediocre at best. How will Halo 5 and the next GoW fair? I think these franchises are oversaturated and probably won't be as good as their predecessors. Quantum Break looks good, Sunset Overdrive looks good, but is that enough? I don't think it is.

Microsoft for whatever reason has created a multimedia box which plays games but lacks the performance in the gaming department that someone would expect when paying out £429.99 for the console itself and it's hurting them big time. That said I notice how nobody bats an eyelid when the PS4 struggles to manage 60fps or 1080p.

Battlefield 4 on the PS4 doesn't run at a native 1080p does it? Killzone SF's single player is locked in at 30 fps isn't it? Also I've read reports that The Order 1886 will also run at 30 fps. So it hasn't exactly been plain sailing for the PS4 either. I consider 30 fps to be more of a hindrance to the overall experience of a game then not having a native 1080p resolution, particularly in first person shooters. 

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

The only genre where frames are a noticeable hindrance are in fighting games.

You can pretty much play any other genre at 30FPS, single player co-op or competitively.

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

The only genre where frames are a noticeable hindrance are in fighting games.

You can pretty much play any other genre at 30FPS, single player co-op or competitively.

Clearly you've never played an FPS otherwise you wouldn't be talking through your ring piece, though a delusional Sony Pony will say anything to defend their low end PC wouldn't they. 

£349.99 and your best game is a free mini game 'Resogun', yep well worth the investment. Still you're getting an inferior version of Thief at the end of month, so the PS4 will have one great game to play, though I'll be enjoying a more polished experience on my PC.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 17 February 2014 - 04:29 AM.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Uh oh, not again?

Konami reveals table of comparison. 720p 60fps on Xbone and 1080p 60fps "with room to spare" on PS4, in Kojima's words.

http://www.ign.com/a...ffa793215000007

That Sony marketing team, genius.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Clearly you've never played an FPS otherwise you wouldn't be talking through your ring piece, though a delusional Sony Pony will say anything to defend their low end PC wouldn't they. 

£349.99 and your best game is a free mini game 'Resogun', yep well worth the investment. Still you're getting an inferior version of Thief at the end of month, so the PS4 will have one great game to play, though I'll be enjoying a more polished experience on my PC.

Unless you have experience building computers and getting good deals, there is no way you can make a decent build for £349.99 and produce the same graphics as the PS4. 

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Killzone multiplayer I believe runs at 60fps and 1080p last time I checked and it's single player is 30fps.

Also who really cares each system will have probably the same amount of good exclusives by their 3rd year and everyone will be happy.
X1-TitanFall
PS4 - InfamousSS
Wiiu - Donkey Kong

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

1238404fa7388d72c88a4d90cd1408459c407901

Seriously, that was a completely uncalled for attack/pulling of the fanboy card, and honestly, Auzzie is right. I haven't really had that big of an issue in any genre being 30FPS, single-player or online, on both PC and PS3.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

http://www.konami.jp.../en/index.htmlo

I'm going to try to bring this thread back to the topic on hand. The game looks great on all systems that it's on. The PS4/X1 versions obviously look better, with higher resolution textures, having more things like rocks on screen, and the 60 FPS, but the current gen doesn't look bad at all.

Since there's no images comparing the PS4 and X1 directly, it's harder to say how big of a deal that this is. The X1's upscaler is good from what I've heard, but it won't look better than Native 1080p. That looks like it's the only difference between them though; it's not like the textures, lighting, or framerate is worse. I think everyone expected this to happen, not only because of the PS4 being more powerful than the X1, but because Kojima has always had a preference to Sony systems. All 4 versions look great though, and I'm not so sure that it would even make that much of a difference.

But it doesn't matter, because people are still PO'd about the length.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 17 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

I'm pretty sure the Sony Pony who's never played an FPS before couldn't possibly have spent 8 months on Call of Duty: Black Ops II on the Wii U. It just couldn't possibly make sense, could it?

Feel free to keep bagging on me about console purchases, mate. As long as I'm happy with them, you're just gonna keep coming off as a dick, just the way I intend for it to happen (because you know, it seems to rile your jimmyjams for whatever reason and that makes me giggle).

Which by the way I am, you know, happy with what I buy. Unlike you who likes to rave on about this and that don't have the most visceral experience possible because of frame rates and resolutions and the Wii U having 99 problems according to you, I'm perfectly fine enjoying the games that I do have. I enjoy all the competitive thrills that I get from Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals and FIFA 14 (OH GOOD GOSH HE BOUGHT EA GAMES!), and I'm having a heck of a fun time playing Warframe and Monster Hunter for my co-op feels. I'm actually getting round to getting Danganronpa and Toukiden later today for my Vita, as well as a 3DS XL because I really, really, really need to get on that Ace Attorney Dual Destinies shiz pronto.

That's probably a little too much for your brain to handle. That people like to buy games on consoles. That there are those who prefer it over the high impact edge of PC games. That people don't mind spending a lot more on a console version compared to cheap bucks on Steam.

Oh yeah, I don't like derailing threads, so I'll finish up by saying that I am getting MGS:GZ on the PS4.

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Cool story, bro!

You enjoy your 30 fps and I'll enjoy my 120 fps. Next generation/current generation indeed. *giggles*

Edited by SailtheSeas, 17 February 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#14 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

Cool story, bro!

You enjoy your 30 fps and I'll enjoy my 120 fps. Next generation/current generation indeed. *giggles*

Ok we freaking get it! You think consoles are a bad choice when compared to PCs. That's alright: it's your opinion. But do you have to be such an softshell lizard about it? Let him enjoy his console and don't be a huge prick about it.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Cool story, bro!

I'm actually really glad I'm not a hardcoar PC gaemr.

There seems to be some magical quality that usually turns the person into a douche.

GameZombie44.png

#16 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hypocrisy - Giving me a warning when for rudeness when you have been rude yourself.

Are you a Politician by any chance? Please feel free to add another warning point.

May be you're a moron. Please feel free to add another warning point.

Add as many as you like, ban my account, ban temporarily, ban it permanently.

One thing I will say is that I find it risible that people can be rude to me and nothing is done about it.

I like the way people like Toilet_Snaker can mock the Xbox One, but when I mock the PS4, I get a warning.

You know what? f**k this forum and f**k you.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 18 February 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

PS4 is a 1080p machine. Xbox 1 is a 720p machine, Wii U is a 720p platforming machine.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#18 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

@Sailtheseas

Maybe you wouldn't get a warning if you stopped all the attention seeking and gave people a bit respect.

Stop taking things so seriously, this forum is open to all gamers but constantly challenging peoples opinions in an arrogant way opens yourself up to, quite frankly, not being liked.

Build some bridges, let people have an opinion and maybe you would be enjoy it more on here along with everyone else.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 18 February 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#19 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

Hypocrisy - Giving me a warning when for rudeness when you have been rude yourself.

Are you a Politician by any chance? Please feel free to add another warning point.

May be you're a moron. Please feel free to add another warning point.

Add as many as you like, ban my account, ban temporarily, ban it permanently.

One thing I will say is that I find it risible that people can be rude to me and nothing is done about it.

I like the way people like Toilet_Snaker can mock the Xbox One, but when I mock the PS4, I get a warning.

You know what? f**k this forum and f**k you.

But you do know that the cost of a decent PC to run at Mid level is too much for some people. Also the way your tone came off was quite threatening and that's why you got a warning point probably.

PS4 is a 1080p machine. Xbox 1 is a 720p machine, Wii U is a 720p platforming machine.

I would like to think of the Wii U and Xbox One are more 720p/1080p machines for certain games but you are correct in your statement. 

#20 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Hypocrisy - Giving me a warning when for rudeness when you have been rude yourself. Point and shirk - The process of ignoring that you've done anything wrong while pointing the "butbutbut" finger at someone else.

Are you a Politician by any chance? Please feel free to add another warning point. I don't get into politics. This wouldn't beget a warning point.

May be you're a moron. Please feel free to add another warning point. I actually think things through quite well. This also probably wouldn't beget a warning point.

Add as many as you like, ban my account, ban temporarily, ban it permanently. This is you being immature for not being able to live up to being a general punk, AKA; attacking people for no reason, pulling the fanboy card for no reason, etc, etc.

One thing I will say is that I find it risible that people can be rude to me and nothing is done about it. Probably because you are generally rude to them in the first place. Don't be rude to people and expect every response to said rudeness to be "yes mr sailtheseas u r da bes"

I like the way people like Toilet_Snaker can mock the Xbox One, but when I mock the PS4, I get a warning. Because that's totally why you got the warning. Probably doesn't have to do anything with flying off the handle at Auzzie about a personal statement, pulling the fanboy card, and throwing a thread off-topic continuously. Nope. Probably nothing like that at all. (Bonus points: Toilet_Snaker hasn't done a single bloody thing in this thread to "mock" the Xbox One. Restating a current fact from a news article doesn't = mocking)

You know what? f**k this forum and f**k you. A "mature" way to end a streak of "maturity." This actually begets a warning. See ya around. 

giphy.gif

GameZombie44.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!