• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Sorry if you were expecting something new, just Rayman Legends I'm afraid :)

Wii U version of Rayman Legends is declared the very best compared to every system out there. Only posting this because THIS is proof that not only can Wii U hold it's own this gen, it can hold the definitive version of *gasp* a 3rd party game.

"In our opinion it's the Wii U version of Rayman Legends that remains the definitive edition of the game, with the title taking advantage of the GamePad's unique features in ways that genuinely add variety and more fun to the gameplay"

http://www.eurogamer...xt-gen-face-off

#2 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Even though Rayman Legends is arguably the definitive version on Wii U, besides that and small handful of other games, there probably won't be any more cases like this. As third party support dwindles more and more. We'll probably be only seeing exclusives (Bayo 2, Sonic Boom), and inferior ports. 

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I really doubt the wiiu will keep up against the ps4 and X1 when it comes to 3rd party.

#4 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

First and last.

Bring the noise.

#5 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Oh snap, here I was about to buy this on Ps4, now I'm stuck in limbo :o

#6 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

I know a lot of people will make fun of his but this is what was suppose to happen. If you take advantage of the hardware AND the gamepad (that people like to think is insignificant) Wii U will have the defenitive versions of games.... but that takes money and most publishers just are not going to sign off on that.

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

The gamepad so far has no use outside of Couchtuner me and that's the biggest flaw of the wiiu in terms of a selling point. Seriously it's up to Nintendo to actually show how to use the game pad cause as of now they have no idea how to use it.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 18 February 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#8 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

First and last.

I had heard Need For Speed: Most Wanted U was also the definitive version.  ..of course the U got it a few months late... but it came and made us forget EA had even the smallest hand in it!

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#9 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I had heard Need For Speed: Most Wanted U was also the definitive version.  ..of course the U got it a few months late... but it came and made us forget EA had even the smallest hand in it!

Yes, but that was compared to PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

The gamepad so far has no use outside of Couchtuner me and that's the biggest flaw of the wiiu in terms of a selling point. Seriously it's up to Nintendo to actually show how to use the game pad cause as of now they have no idea how to use it.

Ugh you sound like sailtheseas...

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yes, but that was compared to PS3 and Xbox360 versions.

Compared to PS3, 360, and PC versions. And so what? Are you expecting definitive against imaginary PS4/One versions? Any game that has work put into it for the wii u, that would be the definitive, Rayman Legends, NFS: MW U, I heard good things about the Batman series, and Splintercell the part they took out. Sure Watchdogs will be the same.

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Compared to PS3, 360, and PC versions. And so what? Are you expecting definitive against imaginary PS4/One versions? Any game that has work put into it for the wii u, that would be the definitive, Rayman Legends, NFS: MW U, I heard good things about the Batman series, and Splintercell the part they took out. Sure Watchdogs will be the same.

this game i believe could do wonders for Wii U. The one thing we have to give Ubisoft credit for is EVERY one of their Wii U releases since launch they have done their best to utilize the gamepad in meaningful way. Hopefully they dont cancel the Wii U version of watchdogs and they are taking the time (it confirmed is releasing after the other version) to Polish it so we can get a game that visually looks as close to the p4/x1 version and makes great use of the gamepad to gives us... wait for it.... THE DEFENITIVE VERSION OF THE GAME.  I was planning on buying the game day1 so i hope they dont cancel it. I can only hope that if it does release Wii U/Nintendo gamers will put their money where their mouth is and support by buying the game. A game like this getting like minimum 500,000 in sales on Wii U could really open some doors just IMO

Edited by GAMER1984, 19 February 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#13 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

One game out of how many? Big deal.

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

^ This guy. Like a stale pickled egg and beer  fart even when not in the room it still lingers to the point of gagging. Not how much you want it to go away it seems to never go away.

#15 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

this game i believe could do wonders for Wii U. The one thing we have to give Ubisoft credit for is EVERY one of their Wii U releases since launch they have done their best to utilize the gamepad in meaningful way. Hopefully they dont cancel the Wii U version of watchdogs and they are taking the time (it confirmed is releasing after the other version) to Polish it so we can get a game that visually looks as close to the p4/x1 version and makes great use of the gamepad to gives us... wait for it.... THE DEFENITIVE VERSION OF THE GAME.  I was planning on buying the game day1 so i hope they dont cancel it. I can only hope that if it does release Wii U/Nintendo gamers will put their money where their mouth is and support by buying the game. A game like this getting like minimum 500,000 in sales on Wii U could really open some doors just IMO

Considering the fact they decided to just take people off the team to work on other games and not wait for Wii U version, it's pretty unlikely. :/

They're probably on their way to EA'ing us.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:51 AM

Considering the fact they decided to just take people off the team to work on other games and not wait for Wii U version, it's pretty unlikely. :/

They're probably on their way to EA'ing us.

Yeah its likely. I hope not because Watchdog was one of the games I wanted.

#17 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

Yeah its likely. I hope not because Watchdog was one of the games I wanted.

Me too. I even liked what Ubisoft was doing for Wii U. Now I have to reconsider :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#18 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

Me too. I even liked what Ubisoft was doing for Wii U. Now I have to reconsider :(

yeah....

#19 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Most people on here also forgot about dues ex to.gamepad features are amazing and can still be used in off tv mode.

#20 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

Most people on here also forgot about dues ex to.gamepad features are amazing and can still be used in off tv mode.

Oh I forgot about Dues Ex.

I think another game to mention that is 3rd party would be Deus Ex. That game is a great port and made superior with the gamepad innovation.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!