Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

The alternate history slant of The Order: 1886 speaks to me. After all, few things are more interesting than taking the historical record and bending and twisting it to make something new, yet subtly recognizable. Ready at Dawn’s upcoming PlayStation 4-exclusive title strives to do just that, marrying its so-called “Neo-Victorian,” alternate-history story and aesthetic with more standard conventions of the third-person shooter genre.

But here’s the thing. Until just recently, no one’s actually seen the game. Sure, I saw a behind-closed-doors tech demo when I was at Gamescom last year, and we have the really pretty reveal trailer, too, but no one outside of Sony and Ready at Dawn has been privy to what The Order: 1886 is all about. Until now.

The alternate history slant of The Order: 1886 speaks to me. After all, few things are more interesting than taking the historical record and bending and twisting it to make something new, yet subtly recognizable. Ready at Dawn’s upcoming PlayStation 4-exclusive title strives to do just that, marrying its so-called “Neo-Victorian,” alternate-history story and aesthetic with more standard conventions of the third-person shooter genre.

But here’s the thing. Until just recently, no one’s actually seen the game. Sure, I saw a behind-closed-doors tech demo when I was at Gamescom last year, and we have the really pretty reveal trailer, too, but no one outside of Sony and Ready at Dawn has been privy to what The Order: 1886 is all about. Until now.

http://www.ign.com/a...s-mixed-signals

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

You said the quote twice by the way.

Also I wasn't really hyped about this game to begin with, everyone is hyping over it yet we've only seen 1 thing over it and it wasn't even gameplay footage, that + we find out it's single player only :s

Eh probably not picking it up, maybe if I find it very cheap

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

I think the point of hype comes from using historicity and bending it to be believable yet imaginative. I don't think hype had anything to with the gameplay or story, just the setting and themes as a whole. It's definitely, from the sounds of it, going to be a mixed feelings title.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

That's too bad, I was actually kinda interested in what it had to offer. I'll probably just wait and see for myself as I probably won't own a PS4 until FF15 or KHs comes out.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

I like the throwback to old school shooting HUD design, with the reticle and the ammo count with an actual weapon profile.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Called it, but Sony fangirls are going to be so horsing angry.
720p 20 fps no online.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

It looks really pretty(best looking game so far this gen) and let's hope that the demo didnt showed everything it has to show.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 18 February 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Called it, but Sony fangirls are going to be so horsing angry.
720p 20 fps no online.

stfu nolog. 

You said the quote twice by the way.

Also I wasn't really hyped about this game to begin with, everyone is hyping over it yet we've only seen 1 thing over it and it wasn't even gameplay footage, that + we find out it's single player only :s

Eh probably not picking it up, maybe if I find it very cheap

Oops. I was on the Wii U gamepad. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Ahh I will see for myself when it comes out or gets close to it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Ugh.... I kind of expected this. I was really excited for this game when it was first shown off. Why does everything have to be a shooter? >.>

Edited by meitantei_conan, 18 February 2014 - 09:26 PM.

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Buying this game for sure

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

It plays like Gears of War from what I have seen of the small amount of footage from the trailer. The Victorian Steampunk setting intrigues me greatly, but this Gears of War style gameplay just doesn't interest me.

#13 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

It had me disinterested as soon as I found out it was a tps, it's really just a genre I don't like so I probably won't be getting this. 

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#14 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

If it plays like Gears with a better setting/storyline then I'm all over this.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Not interested in this at all but Ready at Dawn is more talented than some give them credit for. Okami HD and Okami Wii is not really a port of the PS2 game it's actually more a rebuild. Capcom lost almost the entire code for Okami. Ready at Dawn painstakingly remade the game from scratch nearly. Yes I know the credits controversy and some hates the Wii controls but it got me into the series in 2008.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!